2022-2023 University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just bc it’s the only thing i can look at rn: fb group is at 165, was 187 two weeks ago :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
The group me is 168 for anyone wondering. I’m sure it will continue to go down. I know a few people, like myself, are still in it and not planning to attend/on the fence.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Were I to venture a guess, I bet we will see a lot of movement from UNC the first week of May or so for waitlist admits. Hoping all of us here are pleased with the results!

Reactions: 3 users
Were I to venture a guess, I bet we will see a lot of movement from UNC the first week of May or so for waitlist admits. Hoping all of us here are pleased with the results!

Yeah, it is sounding like a lot of us have a really great shot based on those numbers!! Of course there are probably people who don't use FB or GroupMe, but I'd also venture to guess there are a lot of seats opening up!

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone ever get a confirmation email after accepting their waitlist position?

JUST GOT THE A!!!!!!!!! Got a call about 30 min ago

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I do not see the number of waitlist spots for unc anywhere. Any idea?

For the day we had a UNC Waitlist group on SDN, it looked like it was about 30-40 people long but it's entirely possible there are more folks than that.

For the day we had a UNC Waitlist group on SDN, it looked like it was about 30-40 people long but it's entirely possible there are more folks than that.
Yeah, I love this school but I feel like they really tend to be opaque about their admissions info which is frustrating at times. :(

Reactions: 5 users
Congratulations!! Did you get a call?
URM or ORM ?

A lot... I went to Second Look Weekend at Brody SOM, and pretty much all of us are on the UNC WL. Not exaggerating.

I will not lie that is extremely depressing LOL. But I mean hey the Facebook group is still pretty empty, especially if they want to hit around 210-220 this cycle so try to stay positive everyone!

I will not lie that is extremely depressing LOL. But I mean hey the Facebook group is still pretty empty, especially if they want to hit around 210-220 this cycle so try to stay positive everyone!
Yes, that’s the key. They seemed to not extend as many offers as early as they might in other years and then loaded the waitlist. Nonetheless, all we can do is keep moving forward and hoping, believing, and praying that the merry month of May will reward patience and perseverance for we who wait!

Reactions: 2 users
So how does the May 1st deadline apply to waitlisted folks who also have an acceptance? So like if you are accepted elsewhere and waitlisted here, do you not have to necessarily withdraw from the waitlist? Or would you have to commit to the school you're accepted to?

So how does the May 1st deadline apply to waitlisted folks who also have an acceptance? So like if you are accepted elsewhere and waitlisted here, do you not have to necessarily withdraw from the waitlist? Or would you have to commit to the school you're accepted to?
I thought and could be VERY wrong that the tool was for multiple acceptances and not 1 acceptance and any number waitlists per se. It is not whittle down to only 1 acceptances Though, if one were to determine that the accepted school was the dream that person could use it to signal.

Note, for instance if you have no acceptances just waitlists at AAMC schools (such as me), one cannot see the tool.

Again, hope anyone who may know more definitely will correct me. :)

Reactions: 1 user
For the May 1st deadline, I think you just have to narrow your Plan to Enroll schools to 1, but are not required to withdraw from anywhere (acceptances and waitlists). When you select Commit to Enroll for the school you want though, that's when you'd be required to withdraw from other acceptances (not sure about waitlists), but the Commit to Enroll deadline is dependent on the school and would be later. Anyone know when UNC's Commit to Enroll deadline is?

Also, anyone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

Edit: Just checked and when you select CTE you also have to withdraw from waitlists.

Last edited:
I thought and could be VERY wrong that the tool was for multiple acceptances and not 1 acceptance and any number waitlists per se. It is not whittle down to only 1 acceptances Though, if one were to determine that the accepted school was the dream that person could use it to signal.

Note, for instance if you have no acceptances just waitlists at AAMC schools (such as me), one cannot see the tool.

Again, hope anyone who may know more definitely will correct me. :)
I think you can only choose one school for PTE or CTE, but you are allowed to be on as many waitlists as you want during "PTE".

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you all for diggin around lol. Just trying to get a sense of timelines since it sounds like a lot of in state folks have acceptances that are on the UNC waitlist. Since CTE deadline for a lot of in-state schools (at least ECU) is around June 1 there's a chance that a few of us could still be waiting awhile lol.

Edit: Does anyone know the CTE deadline for UNC? They don't list it on their website.

Edit #2: Just checked past years, and I definitely lied lol it looks like most of the CTE deadlines are around July 1-14. So yeah. Brace yourselves for some waiting lol.

Last edited:
Alibon, you have been so helpful for the entire cycle- thank you- and we assume you are starting your residency soon. As a parting gift, can you gather some intel on offers made vs. expected spots for this year? Or any other info you might be willing to share to those on the waitlist? :)

Alibon, Thank you for all your advice and help in this forum. May god bless you. Please share any other info on the spots available.
Is yield protection real ? Me and my friends never got interviews from other NC colleges - Brody or wake forest (higher mcat and gpas than their averages).
Here we are in the waitlist. So praying and hoping unc showers mercy on us.

FB group dropped one overnight to 171 lol. Obviously not a significant drop but it goes to show people are still dropping for other schools.

Alibon, you have been so helpful for the entire cycle- thank you- and we assume you are starting your residency soon. As a parting gift, can you gather some intel on offers made vs. expected spots for this year? Or any other info you might be willing to share to those on the waitlist? :)
Alibon, Thank you for all your advice and help in this forum. May god bless you. Please share any other info on the spots available.
Is yield protection real ? Me and my friends never got interviews from other NC colleges - Brody or wake forest (higher mcat and gpas than their averages).
Here we are in the waitlist. So praying and hoping unc showers mercy on us.
I've enjoyed being able to help where I can this cycle. Unfortunately, I don't have access to info like how many offers have been made or people on the waitlist. I would expect to continue seeing decent movement in the next few weeks as more people make final decisions, though some may continue to trickle in during June as well. Last I heard, I think the class size is about 190-200 this year. They're waiting to finish the new building and move into it before expanding the class further, though in a few years its expected to increase to 230. Don't expect the fb or groupmes to be accurate counts as a lot of people don't use them and several members from other classes will be on those to answer qs and give advice. I don't know anything about the AAMC tool, I don't even remember if that was a thing when I applied.
In terms of yield protection- I can't speak for other schools, but UNC certainly doesn't do that. I noted several students during interviews who I (and others) expect will go to Harvard or something because they were very impressive, but we accepted them here (but this results in a lot of waitlist movement so good for y'all). Brody just looks for very different things in their applicants, so I would think its more that than yield protection. I have no idea about wake.

Hopefully we will see some waitlist movement this week team! Everybody stay strong and good luck to you all!

Reactions: 7 users
At this point it won't be enough for just me to get in. Y'all are the only ones who understand my pain so y'all need to get in too lol.

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
Got an acceptance call today! I was on the waitlist. Out-of-state.

Reactions: 12 users
OOS A off the WL earlier today! Couldn’t be more thrilled! Glory to God!

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Congratulations to you both!!! That is so amazing!

• Love
Manifesting more As to come tomorrow
Screaming Wild Love GIF by ENSI

• Care
anyone else still getting nervous on tuesdays? lol

At this point I get nervous every day lol. I feel like people are getting in so sporadically now that I live in a constant state of anxiety. BUT I can feel that one of us here is getting in today. I am manifesting it!

Reactions: 7 users
At this point I get nervous every day lol. I feel like people are getting in so sporadically now that I live in a constant state of anxiety. BUT I can feel that one of us here is getting in today. I am manifesting it!
Sending my brothers and sisters here positive thoughts and vibes for a call today welcoming us to UNC-CH Class of 2027!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Congrats to the recent OOS waitlist acceptances. Praying for all waitlisted applicants for the A call!

I have a month long military service obligation where I won't have access to service/wifi coming up on 5/21. While it isn't an actual letter of intent, would it be bad if I emailed UNC admissions stating that if an offer is given to me during that period, that I automatically accept and will commit? UNC is my top choice

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to the recent OOS waitlist acceptances. Praying for all waitlisted applicants for the A call!

I have a month long military service obligation where I won't have access to service/wifi coming up on 5/21. While it isn't an actual letter of intent, would it be bad if I emailed UNC admissions stating that if an offer is given to me during that period, that I automatically accept and will commit? UNC is my top choice
Will you have access to email? I've emailed them regarding a similar issue where I will be out of the country for months so I won't be able to take calls. They said they will use my email to notify me.

Will you have access to email? I've emailed them regarding a similar issue where I will be out of the country for months so I won't be able to take calls. They said they will use my email to notify me.
No access to email either