Northeast Ohio Medical University-personal experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bpetro93

Reaction score
I was waitlisted for both NEOMED and Wright State this past year after applying at the end of the application cycle (in October). I was presented with an early assurance opportunity with NEOMED, which would require that I complete a 1 year masters with the school before starting at the COM in 2022. I'm really trying to gauge students' experience at NEOMED and whether they would recommend the program to others to help support my decision of whether to pursue the Masters/EA opportunity or reapply this month Wright State, NEOMED, and other Ohio schools. I really had a positive experience with W.S. and have heard more good things about the program than I have of NEOMED (though I've mostly heard nothing in this regard, but necessarily negatively). If you're a NEOMED student, have you ever felt that you wish you were at another school? Have the staff/faculty been supportive? Has the program felt well organized? Would you recommend NEOMED to a friend? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I was waitlisted for both NEOMED and Wright State this past year after applying at the end of the application cycle (in October). I was presented with an early assurance opportunity with NEOMED, which would require that I complete a 1 year masters with the school before starting at the COM in 2022. I'm really trying to gauge students' experience at NEOMED and whether they would recommend the program to others to help support my decision of whether to pursue the Masters/EA opportunity or reapply this month Wright State, NEOMED, and other Ohio schools. I really had a positive experience with W.S. and have heard more good things about the program than I have of NEOMED (though I've mostly heard nothing in this regard, but necessarily negatively). If you're a NEOMED student, have you ever felt that you wish you were at another school? Have the staff/faculty been supportive? Has the program felt well organized? Would you recommend NEOMED to a friend? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
So you already have an offer into this early acceptance program? I would say a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

I know a handful of people that went to NEOMED, and for what it's worth I haven't heard anything negative about it (though I've never asked them if they liked it there, to be fair lol).

I go to NEOMED and I would say the people who come into medical school from the Master’s program are pretty well adjusted and do well in M1 year. My experience at NEOMED has not been a positive one. But everyone’s experience is different.
If you want to hear the pros and the cons please private message me. I’ll try to be as unbiased as I can be.
For what it’s worth Wright State is more organized, but you already have an acceptance in hand. Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
So you already have an offer into this early acceptance program? I would say a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

I know a handful of people that went to NEOMED, and for what it's worth I haven't heard anything negative about it (though I've never asked them if they liked it there, to be fair lol).
Please can you tell me more about your experience at NEOMED because I received the same offer and was wondering the same thing

Anyone at NEOMED, I have a few questions?

I would like to hear from people who attend NEOMED… I am expecting a decision in a couple weeks