2025-2026 Northeast Ohio (NEOMED)

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chilly_md

Full Member
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2025-2026 NEOMED Secondary Essay Prompts

*It appears there is only one main essay this year. Past years had a few questions for those it was applicable for.*

1. Please complete a brief personal statement of 5,000 characters or fewer addressing the question below:
What do you hope to achieve from your experience as a NEOMED student?


Good luck to all applying!

Interview Feedback:

 
Last edited:
Planning on applying to this school. Hope I get in.

From the looks of it, I think it will be the same secondary that has been used for a couple of years.
 
Recieved secondary:
Please complete a brief personal statement of 5,000 characters or fewer addressing the question below:
What do you hope to achieve from your experience as a NEOMED student?
@chilly_md
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 IS secondary

Just one essay, as far as I can tell.

Please complete a brief personal statement of 5,000 characters or fewer addressing the question below:
What do you hope to achieve from your experience as a NEOMED student?
 
I received a secondary invitation on Thursday, and I haven't received the second email. How long did it take to get the actual secondary link?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 IS II. Submitted 8/10 LM 73

edit: there's no way for you to double-check what date/time you select after you submit your preference, so make sure you take note of it.
 
Last edited:
+1 IS II. Submitted 8/10 LM 73

edit: there's no way for you to double-check what date/time you select after you submit your preference, so make sure you take note of it.
4 day turn around? thats insane wtf congrats go crush it. still waiting and i submitted 8/3 IS
 
Last edited:
i wonder how neomed is looking at applications cuz it seems like there’s quick turnarounds with lots of people (like within a few days)
 
i wonder how neomed is looking at applications cuz it seems like there’s quick turnarounds with lots of people (like within a few days)

Charitable take: since their pre-secondary screening is apparently pretty involved, a staff member is just churning through the single secondary essay responses (remember: no lors) and making a quick decision on II or no II from there

Less charitable: AI
 
Charitable take: since their pre-secondary screening is apparently pretty involved, a staff member is just churning through the single secondary essay responses (remember: no lors) and making a quick decision on II or no II from there

Less charitable: AI
Sorry, in what way is their pre-secondary screening pretty involved? I thought it was just stats. AI would be crazy tho haha
 
+1 IS II. Submitted 8/10 LM 73

edit: there's no way for you to double-check what date/time you select after you submit your preference, so make sure you take note of it.
They will send you a confirmation email at least 1 week beforehand, giving you info about what date/time you selected. Best of luck on ur interview! I hope it goes well for you
 
Just had my interview today. Might have been a me problem but my interviewer was super awkward and was clearly reading questions off of another screen. Also he like couldn’t even give me an answer to the questions I asked at the end haha. Really didn’t give me a great impression of the school tbh
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
how much time was there for questions at the end?
Just had my interview today. Might have been a me problem but my interviewer was super awkward and was clearly reading questions off of another screen. Also he like couldn’t even give me an answer to the questions I asked at the end haha. Really didn’t give me a great impression of the school tbh
 
Did anybody else apply ED to NEOMED? My interview isn't until 9.9 thats the first day for ED interviews I am surprised they are doing RD interviews before they start on ED
 
Did anybody else apply ED to NEOMED? My interview isn't until 9.9 thats the first day for ED interviews I am surprised they are doing RD interviews before they start on ED
Yeah, that's surprising. Maybe there are more RD people, so they started on interviews for those first. Best of luck on that interview
 
Hey everyone, I received an OOS II 9/4 and scheduled my interview through the portal but I assumed I would get a confirmation email with the date and time so I did not pay attention too carefully (I think I remember it) but realized after reading the email more carefully that they tell you to make note of it because it won't show after. I am like tweaking out that I am remembering the wrong date and time so can someone who interviewed let me know if they send like a reminder email beforehand with the date and time you scheduled for.
 
Hey everyone, I received an OOS II 9/4 and scheduled my interview through the portal but I assumed I would get a confirmation email with the date and time so I did not pay attention too carefully (I think I remember it) but realized after reading the email more carefully that they tell you to make note of it because it won't show after. I am like tweaking out that I am remembering the wrong date and time so can someone who interviewed let me know if they send like a reminder email beforehand with the date and time you scheduled for.
i was sent a confirmation email with the date and time the following day after scheduling!
 
Hey everyone, I received an OOS II 9/4 and scheduled my interview through the portal but I assumed I would get a confirmation email with the date and time so I did not pay attention too carefully (I think I remember it) but realized after reading the email more carefully that they tell you to make note of it because it won't show after. I am like tweaking out that I am remembering the wrong date and time so can someone who interviewed let me know if they send like a reminder email beforehand with the date and time you scheduled for.
I am an ED applicant and I interview on Tuesday next week 9.9 and I have not received any reminder email
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad