Nova here I come!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed1

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well after months of waiting and several letters, I got my acceptance letter today from Nova. Now all I have to do is come up with $1000 by next Wednesday. I am so ecited! I was happy when I got accepted to COMP, but Nova is my 1st choice.It goes to show that people do get taken off the alternate list. I guess that I will call COMP and tell them that I am not coming.

Premed1

Members don't see this ad.

Double congrats. I know how much Nova is a great school, since I live 10 minutes away! I'm still waiting for my acceptance but at least now I have some more hope in getting off the waiting list since you got off the list before the month of May.

Members don't see this ad :)
Woo hoo! I told you that they'd come through for you. Congrats, pal. It will be a pleasure studying medicine with you.

ggulick.gif

Congratulations!!!!
I hate to loose you as a classmate but I'm really happy for you. I know that Nova was from far your 1st choice.
Good luck
--Nicolas--
WesternU'03

Hi premed1, Congratulations! I too look forward to studying medicine with you at Nova. That's great news!

Good job buddy! I knew they would come through with you as well. The only downside is that you won't be studying medicine with Nick or I but get to join my other buddy Gregory down in Sunny Florida. We should have a summer exchange program or something during our summer breaks. Nick and I will host you Floridians for a week, and then we get to fly out to your neck of the woods to check things out as well. What do you think?

EDGAR
WesternU/COMP

Hi premed1

Congratulations to your acceptance to NOVA. Hey guys, I meet you all in the orientation day.

What all happens on orientation day? Is it a couple of hours or an all-day thing?

Last year, we have 2 separate events. (I tried to recall the correct day) On Friday night, it is the opening ceremony for students. During that event, I had the opportunity to talk to professors and doctors. Most importantly, the M2 told us alot of tips. Then it comes Sunday, which is a family event. The M2 gave tours for the family members of the incoming class and let them know about the schools and facilities.

Also, your white coat ceremony should be a week or so after your semester started. I believe you guys will have a better white coat ceremony than the one I had. The school is trying to make it a big event. So don't miss it.

After all those things, the horrible experience begin. You will feel overwhelm by all the material.

So enjoy the summer before you start medical school.

The M2 will start their classes in July. If you are around the neighborhood during july, drop by and say hi.

Good luck and take care

I know you guys are going to love hearing this but I got my acceptance from NOVA today and have decided to attend. The idea of being in Florida is too much to pass up. Also I can't wait to study medicine with Gregory, Henry and the rest of the gang! You guys will have my opinions before long. See you in August! Woo Hoo!!!!!!

What? This is funny Dogboy, I thought you don't like NOVA?

Learning to take "Care" of the patients physically and emotionally is part of NOVA's goal in its educational curriculum.

May be you do not agree that knowledge and CARE are equally important, but NOVA focus a lot on the holistic approach, which includes understanding the patient's feelings and emotions. Are you ready for that?

By the way, give some respects to your M2 next year, no more personal attack please. "Be professional in all levels."

[This message has been edited by Henry (edited 04-01-99).]

Premed1:

Just wondering how many and what type of letters you sent to NOVA? I am also on the alternate list and anxiously waiting to hear from them. I sent them a letter of interest in December, after I was put on the alternate list. I have been accepted elsewhere but would love to go to NOVA. Just wondering what else I could do.
Congratulations on your acceptance!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a little miffed that nobody has congratulated me on my acceptance.
frown.gif
You guys don't want me to be a member of the NOVA medical community? Thanks Henry for your reply even though we have had our differences. I will be there come August, so.....

LOL... Some of us don't get to log on several times a day, pal.

Anyways, if it is true that you will be studying medicine with us in the fall, let me offer my sincere congrats. In a class of 150, I am sure there will be many persons like you and that you will be quite happy at NSU.

I look forward to meeting you. Maybe I can buy you coffee and hear more of your opinions in person? As a social scientist I work with many interesting people and you sound quite interesting indeed.

Again, congrats. See you in the fall.

Gregory

P.S.
Feel free to drop me a line via e-mail if you wish to discuss housing options, etc.

Dogboy,

It took me a while to realize that you are serious about going to Nova, your sarcasm sometimes make me be cautious of your statements. Congrats on your acceptance and I hope you will enjoy your medical education there, there are several very cool people I know that will be your classmates. You do have a right to voice your opinions, this is a free country. It's just that I wish sometimes you would be a little less harsh to people on this thread, we are all on the same team you know. Enjoy your acceptance "high", you have obviously worked hard to get into a good school like Nova.

EDGAR

Thanks guys! The world isn't such a harsh place after all, is it?

To DOGBOY,
I had the same thoughts as Edgar did; I didn't know if you were kidding or not. Additional congratulations on your acceptance to NOVA!

Congrats!!

See you in Fall 1999

regards,

Chirag Shah
NSUCOM '03
http://chuma.cas.usf.edu/~cshah

GGGrreat News Premed1!
Congrats!

Since I can understand you enjoy the recognition and attention here, so "WELCOME TO NOVA DOGBOY"

I am a Senior Member! I did it! I really did it. I am so proud of myself. By the way, I will be wearing a t-shirt that says "welcome to DOGBOYS world" the first day of orientation so you guys can recognize me. I am just so excited. YIPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

See you there Dogboy. I am sure the class of 2003 will be a very special one.