2023-2024 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSU-KPCOM Clearwater)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
hi yall,

i got a secondary from KPCOM and i think i want the clearwater campus. i know that davie is the main campus, but i enjoy the clearwater area more and have family there. i understand the curriculum will be the same as davie, but what about clubs and research? i heard most of the clubs are online anyways, so it wouldnt matter which campus im at, but i have also heard that about research. i just want to make sure i am not screwing myself over by not attending the davie campus if research and club positions is something i am prioritizing. also, can someone confirm that lectures are NOT mandatory attendance? also, if anyone knows, what clubs are the best to join for research and experience?

Last edited:
Primary submitted:7/22
Secondary received : today 7/27

Members don't see this ad :)
hi yall,

i got a secondary from KPCOM and i think i want the clearwater campus. i know that davie is the main campus, but i enjoy the clearwater area more and have family there. i understand the curriculum will be the same as davie, but what about clubs and research? i heard most of the clubs are online anyways, so it wouldnt matter which campus im at, but i have also heard that about research. i just want to make sure i am not screwing myself over by not attending the davie campus if research and club positions is something i am prioritizing. also, can someone confirm that lectures are NOT mandatory attendance? also, if anyone knows, what clubs are the best to join for research and experience?
clubs -- Clearwater has some clubs of its own, and some that are shared over the two campuses. Each year more clubs form individually at Clearwater! There's a club for research specifically called SOAR, and other clubs that may offer research within (like SOMA or AMA). Experience would be more about joining specific interest clubs and there's one for basically every specialty, even aerospace medicine. I wouldn't worry about this until you actually start your first year though.
research -- both campuses offer research opps and you can also find individual research projects to pursue. Research is also built into the curriculum and there's a research fellowship you can do between 2nd and 3rd year.
Also, most lectures are not mandatory -- you can attend, watch on Zoom, or watch recordings later. Labs/practical sessions ARE mandatory (2-3 per week).

Reactions: 1 user
secondary submitted 7/9, file was complete on 8/16, when should i receive an II if i get one? also, i have read in threads about them calling applicants? i never received a call but got an email that my app was complete (all required documents received) and that its being sent over to adcom....

My interview is from 8 AM to 3 PM, there is a schedule posted online for the general overview, but it does not say anything about breaks. I am mostly just wondering if there’s time to eat, do we have a camera on the whole time? Are there brakes for lunch and such?

The school is NSU btw! so if anyone interviewed their last year and has more details that would be great!

Last edited:
Is anyone else receiving this error message?
Screenshot 2023-09-04 at 3.52.17 PM.png

Reactions: 1 user
My interview is from 8 AM to 3 PM, there is a schedule posted online for the general overview, but it does not say anything about breaks. I am mostly just wondering if there’s time to eat, do we have a camera on the whole time? Are there brakes for lunch and such?
Add which school

Was placed on alternate list today. Withdrawing my application.

Groupchat for accepted students so we have a place to talk

Does seem to be much happening in this thread but I figured I'd share.
IS II today. Submitted secondary way back in June