2023-2024 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSU-KPCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)

someone has to do it.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm just curious if anyone has any insight on what the practical experience on the interview day agenda is? Is it part of the interview?

I'm interviewing tomorrow, any last minute tips/advice anyone can share?? :)

Any advice/tips on the interview?
Interviewing this Tuesday 1/30 in person
Tysm!

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent a letter of intent to the dean 3 weeks ago and she asked the director of admissions to add it to my file but I have not heard back anything from director of admissions. Should I reach out to her asking if she received it? I really really want an II from this school

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted my app back in August and even called office to make sure there was no hold but still haven't heard back anything. Is anyone else also experiencing this. My MCAT and GPA are def in range as I have received various other interviews invites.

Withdrew my A today hope it goes to one of y’all :)

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone heard anything that interviewed on 1/23? Did they say by 2/9 or did I hear that wrong?

I: 6/20/23, OOS II: 7/4/23, interview: 10/12/23, A: 1/9/24. This is my first A and so so excited about it!! Happy to answer questions about my interview experience and stuff.

Reactions: 3 users
I: 6/20/23, OOS II: 7/4/23, interview: 10/12/23, A: 1/9/24. This is my first A and so so excited about it!! Happy to answer questions about my interview experience and stuff.
congrats!!

is there any way for you to learn how to make your application more competitive through official means, got declined an interview today, I applied late and my gpa wasn't the best but was wondering if I applied early next cycle if that would really change my outcome :confused:

is there any way for you to learn how to make your application more competitive through official means, got declined an interview today, I applied late and my gpa wasn't the best but was wondering if I applied early next cycle if that would really change my outcome :confused:
NSU has the MS DO Bridge program with guaranteed acceptance if you perform well. Just something to consider. Below is an excerpt from an email I received from NSU:

The foundational sciences portion of the program is 18 hours during the Fall and Winter semesters of year 1. If you complete these 18 credits with a GPA of 3.6 or higher and meet the 500 minimum MCAT requirement, you will have a seat reserved in the KPCOM entering class of 2029 without an additional interview. Students who finish these 18 credits in year one with a 3.3-3.59 GPA and meet the 500 minimum MCAT requirement will be offered an interview for a seat in the Class of 2029.

As an added benefit, students who fail to reach this milestone at the end of year one will be allowed another entry point at the conclusion of the master’s degree in year two. At that time students with a 500 or higher MCAT and a 3.6 or higher GPA will have a reserved seat in the class of 2030, while those students with a 3.3-3.59 GPA will be guaranteed an interview.

Historically, an average of 90% of each class that has completed year one of the curriculum has been offered acceptance into KPCOM’s D.O. program.

NSU has the MS DO Bridge program with guaranteed acceptance if you perform well. Just something to consider. Below is an excerpt from an email I received from NSU:

The foundational sciences portion of the program is 18 hours during the Fall and Winter semesters of year 1. If you complete these 18 credits with a GPA of 3.6 or higher and meet the 500 minimum MCAT requirement, you will have a seat reserved in the KPCOM entering class of 2029 without an additional interview. Students who finish these 18 credits in year one with a 3.3-3.59 GPA and meet the 500 minimum MCAT requirement will be offered an interview for a seat in the Class of 2029.

As an added benefit, students who fail to reach this milestone at the end of year one will be allowed another entry point at the conclusion of the master’s degree in year two. At that time students with a 500 or higher MCAT and a 3.6 or higher GPA will have a reserved seat in the class of 2030, while those students with a 3.3-3.59 GPA will be guaranteed an interview.

Historically, an average of 90% of each class that has completed year one of the curriculum has been offered acceptance into KPCOM’s D.O. program.
The NSU program would be great because I wouldn't have to sweat a high mcat score, average, 500, is fine. I wouldn't have to interview either.
I am concerned that the only residency that I will be matched with is Family Medicine if Residency Programs see that I needed a guaranteed acceptance program.

So, will I be able to get Dermatology or Surgical Residency if they see that I had been in a guaranteed acceptance program?
I mean, there must be some catch. The MCAT is brutal. Interviews are expensive and rough. Doctors looking at my Residency application won't mind that I avoided both?

The NSU program would be great because I wouldn't have to sweat a high mcat score, average, 500, is fine. I wouldn't have to interview either.
I am concerned that the only residency that I will be matched with is Family Medicine if Residency Programs see that I needed a guaranteed acceptance program.

So, will I be able to get Dermatology or Surgical Residency if they see that I had been in a guaranteed acceptance program?
I mean, there must be some catch. The MCAT is brutal. Interviews are expensive and rough. Doctors looking at my Residency application won't mind that I avoided both?
I don’t think residencies see any part of your application process for getting in. Just the things they need to see.

Reactions: 2 users
I don’t think residencies see any part of your application process for getting in. Just the things they need to see.

The only "catch" is that you have to maintain a 3.6GPA in the program and get a 500 or higher on the MCAT. Residency programs won't see MCAT scores and could care less about your path to matriculation ( i.e. bridge program etc.). it's all about how you perform while in medical school.

Last edited:
Just received my A! Interviewed on 1/18/24

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Anyone got off the waitlist? I’ve been on it since December :)

II today, but just got accepted to the Nova MD program yesterday, which is a little odd. Withdrawing. Good luck y’all!

I got a call on 1/23 saying that my application is under review. I haven’t heard back since. Do you guys think it’s too late to get an interview invite?

II just now (complete in August), but will be withdrawing because of other A’s. 3.95/507. Hope it goes to someone still waiting!

I interviewed on 1/30 and still haven’t heard back
+1, Interviewed 01/25 and they mentioned we should have heard back by the week of 02/19. However, because of the long weekend they might be a delay and that appears to be the case!

+1, Interviewed 01/25 and they mentioned we should have heard back by the week of 02/19. However, because of the long weekend they might be a delay and that appears to be the case
Could be we hear back tomorrow or Friday
They usually send responses at the end of the week

Just looking at the curriculum and does anyone know if the summer classes after year 1 are required or are electives ?