Oakland University William Beaumont Question

Started by TurkDorian
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

TurkDorian

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For this school's supplemental application, they require us to input our prerequisite courses and they also ask for the grade. I was wondering if anyone knew whether we were supposed to input letter grades (A,A+, etc) or grades based on the 4.0 scale.

Also, if the latter, I have another question. AMCAS converted all my A's to A+'s (so they are both equal to 4.0). If I enter my grades based on the 4.0 scale, do I enter both A's and A+'s as 4.0?

Also, I have recently retaken a prerequisite course which was not on the transcript that I sent in (because the course was still in progress, but they have a section to attach an unofficial transcript). My mark on the retake is higher than the original and I was wondering if it would be fine to input the grade for the course when I retook it rather than when I first took it.
 
Last edited:
For this school's supplemental application, they require us to input our prerequisite courses and they also ask for the grade. I was wondering if anyone knew whether we were supposed to input letter grades (A,A+, etc) or grades based on the 4.0 scale.

Also, if the latter, I have another question. AMCAS converted all my A's to A+'s (so they are both equal to 4.0). If I enter my grades based on the 4.0 scale, do I enter both A's and A+'s as 4.0?

Also, I have recently retaken a prerequisite course which was not on the transcript that I sent in (because the course was still in progress, but they have a section to attach an unofficial transcript). My mark on the retake is higher than the original and I was wondering if it would be fine to input the grade for the course when I retook it rather than when I first took it.

I believe I entered mine as letter grades, just like on the AMCAS. These questions are probably best directed to the school admissions staff, though.
 
I believe I entered mine as letter grades, just like on the AMCAS. These questions are probably best directed to the school admissions staff, though.

I also recall entering letter grades. As for the retake class, I would put whatever was on your transcript. I believe the secondary question is just for the adcom's convenience — mine was just the same info that could be found on my primary app with some effort.

Thanks for the responses!

and yeah, I think I'll call the school tomorrow morning