You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Oakland (Beaumont) OUWB
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
strawberry32
Full Member
has anyone been able to register for second look with the portal page or is it broken for other people too
Fixed now!
roadchoseme
New Member
Unfortunately yes, last interviews of the cycle were held a week agohave they stopped sending II?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
aspiringphysician100
Full Member
IS Pre-II R. ouch
OOS Pre-II R
OOS pre II R, stats below
OOS pre II R
MsLeafpool
Full Member
+1 OOS pre-II R just now, rip
nolemedgirl
Full Member
+1 OOS Pre-II R
D
deleted1177773
+1+1 OOS Pre-II R
D
deleted1201436
When do we think March interviews will hear back? Anyone have any updates?
Interviewed 2/28 and no news yet. Really thought it would be this week :/ Hopefully they will do it next week since they pre-II mass rejected this week (I don’t think adcoms can multi task 🤣)When do we think March interviews will hear back? Anyone have any updates?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, they seem to be behind their schedule based off of last years timeline too. They already had formed their tiered WL by this point and had done their pre-ii rejections earlier in the month as opposed to this week... Hopefully this means its not that we are interviewing for WL slots, but they are just being slower than last year. The issue with the admissions tracker rn is that they haven't updated it since February 11th :/ So its so hard to get an accurate gauge. I bet they will update it again when the tiered WL is released agh this is so nerve wracking when you have no As yet.Just really hoping we weren't interviewing for a WL spot. Second look is April 15, so I would assume it would have to be at the very least before then.
Also, their admissions tracker is at a much lower value than it was last year at this time. Makes me think we have a better chance (maybe?) Last April they accepted 290 apparently (pulling from last year's SDN thread)
I am glad someone else is as neurotic as me... (though I am sorry you also are stressed outttt). I agree, there seems to be another wave of decisions likely for all of us in the batch that received our invites Feb 20th or later. The fact that they call for acceptances has me terrified of my email because it seems that an update via email = WL (I could be wrong, thats an assumption I have made from stalking this thread). Even if we do get WL, there seems to be a lot of movement post-PTE, though waiting even longer is torture.So nerve wracking, I'm in the same boat. I've set up my phone to basically explode with notifications whenever I receive emails from schools lol.
There have been 7 more acceptances on this thread since feb 11 (yes I counted I'm that neurotic). So they're at 170 give or take. Probably some more out there, since not everyone is active here, but the next big wave of As definitely has not gone out yet for them. Which gives me some hope.
D
deleted1201436
+1 🙁
Interviewed 03/03
Interviewed 03/03
D
deleted1201436
Is anyone who has an A here planning on withdrawing? Want to get a sense of how realistic it would be to come off the WL? Does anyone anticipate any movement off it?
Last year they made it to tier 2 of the 2 tier WL, so hopefully that holds true for this year too.Is anyone who has an A here planning on withdrawing? Want to get a sense of how realistic it would be to come off the WL? Does anyone anticipate any movement off it?
D
deleted1201436
Curious what the class size will be along with how many offers have already been made. Per their admissions tracker which was last updated in Feb, it's at ~160. Hopefully we will see some activity for WL.Last year they made it to tier 2 of the 2 tier WL, so hopefully that holds true for this year too.
medapp1972
New Member
OOS WL
IS A
My friend and I are planning to withdraw unless our minds are changed at second look.Is anyone who has an A here planning on withdrawing? Want to get a sense of how realistic it would be to come off the WL? Does anyone anticipate any movement off it?
altruistictwo
New Member
Does anyone know how effective letters of intent are for this school? Got waitlisted and wondering if it's worth sending one considering how many people get waitlisted for this school. Also not sure if it would help sending one before or after the waitlist tiers are sent out.
Future Dr. Hopefully
Full Member
Any idea when they will tier the waitlist?
Technically the language was "by mid April", so honestly it could be any time. Last year they did it back in mid-end of March right after their final As and WLs, but they seem to have interviewed later this year so who knows. I think second look is next week, so that also is probably a date in their brains in addition to the 3 As timepoint like you said.They said mid April in their email, I'm guessing right after April 15th, since that's when students with As have to start withdrawing from other schools, and narrow to 3 As.
Hopefully people start withdrawing after second look too, once they feel like they truly gave the school a chance. I think its truly just a waiting game and it could be any day, any time :/ Scary to feel constantly on edge but we got this 🙂 Last year there was heavy WL movement so hopefully that holds true (they got into tier 2).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1201436
I'm really hoping that I am at least on tier 1. It was nice to see a lot of tier 2 people come off the WL as well last year but I feel that being on tier 1 has a better chance of hearing sooner too!Technically the language was "by mid April", so honestly it could be any time. Last year they did it back in mid-end of March right after their final As and WLs, but they seem to have interviewed later this year so who knows. I think second look is next week, so that also is probably a date in their brains in addition to the 3 As timepoint like you said.
Hopefully people start withdrawing after second look too, once they feel like they truly gave the school a chance. I think its truly just a waiting game and it could be any day, any time :/ Scary to feel constantly on edge but we got this 🙂 Last year there was heavy WL movement so hopefully that holds true (they got into tier 2).
Sisyphus's Rock
Full Member
+1 Application Withdrawal. I hope my withdrawal will help one of you off the waitlist. Although I don't think I fit the school the best, I went to undergrad at OU, and it was a great time. Praying that you guys will experience the same happiness I felt on the campus 🙂
TheQuibblerClinician
Full Member
does anyone know when second look is- I am Tier 1 WL and was curious if we might get off before then
Its next week so we aren't gonna get off by then hahadoes anyone know when second look is- I am Tier 1 WL and was curious if we might get off before then
majesticman
Full Member
2nd tier- I’m pretty disappointed. In the original WL they said they were going to 2-tier it, but in this they mention 3 separate tiers? Any clarification?
It seems they did that last year too. You could always ask, but if no one reports a tier-3 on here I am guessing that its 2-tier. That said they DID get to tier 2 last year, so hang in there. It is not over for you, it may just take longer to get off which is stressful! 🙂 You've got this <32nd tier- I’m pretty disappointed. In the original WL they said they were going to 2-tier it, but in this they mention 3 separate tiers? Any clarification?
D
deleted1201436
Tier 1 too! I'm hype!
modernfamilyluver
Full Member
where did they say they got to tier 2 last year?It seems they did that last year too. You could always ask, but if no one reports a tier-3 on here I am guessing that its 2-tier. That said they DID get to tier 2 last year, so hang in there. It is not over for you, it may just take longer to get off which is stressful! 🙂 You've got this <3
modernfamilyluver
Full Member
when do they start pulling from each of the tiers??
Future Dr. Hopefully
Full Member
Does anyone know how many people are in each tier?
To add, according to MSAR Oakland’s CTE is June 16th—sometimes MSAR is wrong tho. So that means people can hold their A here while they wait on other WL until June 16th which is sucky/a long time. Each school seems to have their own CTE.If you go to last year's SDN thread for this school, in the last couple pages, people were getting accepted off of tier 2.
There will definitely be a lot of movement in the accepted applicant pool this month with AMCAS Plan to Enroll and Commit to Enroll on April 15 and April 30.
Roughly - tier 1 last year was getting off in early may, and tier 2 was getting off mid-late May
But they seem a bit delayed this year, but who knows, maybe they'll catch up. It's not the same cycle at all for them. We shall see.
PS - this year a majority of their communications about acceptances seem to come on Wednesdays/Thursdays.
Also remember, some of us on the WL are on multiple WLs. So not everyone offered a spot off the WL is going to choose here. I sent a letter of intent to another school I’m WL at, so if I get in there, I’ll withdraw from this WL/an A if I get one and hopefully they get to tier 2 faster.
icepenguin2024
Full Member
Financial award received, $0
strawberry32
Full Member
Same sadlyFinancial award received, $0
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1193601
same :'(Financial award received, $0
altruistictwo
New Member
Seems like based on last year’s thread there was a lot of WL movement after April 30th so I’m thinking we won’t start hearing anything until then. Also does anyone who they decide to extend offers to within each tier of the waitlist? Because they said each tier is unranked, kinda confused how that works.
esmehuggable
Full Member
For those accepted what is included in the matriculation checklist. Like besides then immunization does in include background and drug screening?
D
deleted1193601
no drug screening! just immunizations, transcripts, background check, all the typical stuffFor those accepted what is included in the matriculation checklist. Like besides then immunization does in include background and drug screening?
D
deleted1201436
Yeah I was confused about who gets offered first within each tier. Regardless, it looks like last year they went deep into the tier 2 list. So I think as long as people withdraw their As, there’s a good chance for us folks on WL.Seems like based on last year’s thread there was a lot of WL movement after April 30th so I’m thinking we won’t start hearing anything until then. Also does anyone who they decide to extend offers to within each tier of the waitlist? Because they said each tier is unranked, kinda confused how that works.