Off subject: Best Camera for your Money

Started by jnt179
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jnt179

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey guys...
Is there any camera peeps around here? I am looking for a digital camera and I have no idea where to even start. I want something that takes good pics at horse shows and at night. I also want something with a good zoom. But...my price limit is around $200.00. Any ideas?
 
i own a canon powershot. i have used sonys, nikons, and canons, and canons are by far my favorite. i won't use anything else anymore. i personally recommend the canon powershot "A series." if you can find the canon powershot a540 under $200, get that one!
 
I have 2 canon digitals. I really like the quality & they are easy to use. One is larger and the other is one of those pocket digitals. I have a family member who is really into photography...and he is the one who suggested them for my price range. Check out a consumer review page and do a little comparing for what you want/ need. But just an opinion- I really like my canon's. 😳
Good luck!
(my avatar was taken with my pocket cam.)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a Sony Cybershot and really love it. Great camera for the money! Ill grab the specs on it when i have more time to post.
 
I use a Canon too. I have a powershot as well. I really like it. I dropped it and they fixed my camera under warranty without asking questions. Never have your camera when your drunk. 😛
 
I have an older sony cybershot 3.2 mp and really liked it. Not that this is eBay, but I've got a huge memory card with it if you want it I'll sell it to ya for $40. If you don't like it you can return it.

I just got a Nikkon 7.1 mp with the bigger view screen and LOVE it. I just can't figure out how to work all those fancy features yet.
 
I use a Canon too. I have a powershot as well. I really like it. I dropped it and they fixed my camera under warranty without asking questions. Never have your camera when your drunk. 😛

I like Canon alot too....what broke on your camera that they fixed without question? I cracked my lsd screen very soon after purchase and they told me it would be $150 to fix!
 
if you don't go through a camera shop, i would recommend going with best buy...avoid circuit city. i got a dead pixel on one of my LCD screens once and best buy replaced the entire thing. i got a brand new camera (buy the replacement plan). however, i have had a lot of problems with circuit city. i'm in the process of purchasing the canon rebel, and refuse to go through CC b/c of their service plans and horrible customer service from past experiences (sorry if anyone is a circuit city employee or fan...😀). i just don't recommend them at all. just my opinion. 🙄
 
So...it definitely sounds like I may be looking at canons! Has anybody had any dealings with Sam's Club? They seem to have really good prices on stuff like this.
 
if you don't go through a camera shop, i would recommend going with best buy...avoid circuit city. i got a dead pixel on one of my LCD screens once and best buy replaced the entire thing. i got a brand new camera (buy the replacement plan). however, i have had a lot of problems with circuit city. i'm in the process of purchasing the canon rebel, and refuse to go through CC b/c of their service plans and horrible customer service from past experiences (sorry if anyone is a circuit city employee or fan...😀). i just don't recommend them at all. just my opinion. 🙄

wow, really? I have had horrible luck with Best Buy. We have purchased their extended warranty on most of our electronics and they won't cover anything! Because of them, my dad is even afraid to buy manufacturers warranties anymore (which are usually the most reliable)
 
Just bought a Samsung Digimax from Target. Originally $200+ down to $70 (they were clearing out all their models for the new ones!) So far very happy with it, very easy to use.