*~*Official 2011-2012 PharmCAS Thread!*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My application was mailed out today Tuesday. I was worried at first that my application would be mailed out next week. Hope this helps! :)

Hmm, mine still shows as not mailed status... They calculated my GPA on 1/12

Members don't see this ad.

I just have been invited to an on-campus interview for D'Youville College of Pharmacy. I am nervous and at the same time unsure about the interview. First of all there is barely any information I can find about the college and the pharmacy program other than the school website itself. SDN barely has any posts about the school and most of them are negative. However, these posts were back in 2008-09 when the school was still relatively new. The school has been given candidate status so it is obviously been doing well than why can't I find any posts about the school or information other than the school website itself. SDN does not have D'Youville College in their interview feedback section either. If anyone has attended an interview, or is a student at the College, Can you please give me some general information such as if it is a good school, information about the interview process etc.:confused:

Hmm, mine still shows as not mailed status... They calculated my GPA on 1/12
I would call or email PHARMCAS. Mine was mailed out and I already have an interview scheduled at a school. I am not sure why yours was not mailed out but I am sure that PHARMCAS could tell you when to expect it to be mailed out and it would lower your stress. I hope this helps! Good luck~!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does Pharmcas phone not work? How long do they take to reply to emails??

Does Pharmcas phone not work? How long do they take to reply to emails??

I think that it usually takes about 2-3 business days for a response at least in my experience.

Does anybody know about how exactly the deadlines for the academic updates work? I wasn't able to esubmit my academic update until the like January 18th because I submitted in late december. So my school's application was due on January 5th (I had everything submitted by then). But my academic update transcript didn't arrive until the 12th and the update was not esubmitted until the 18th as I previously stated.

is it still too late to submit my pharmcas application seeing how the deadline for the schools that I'm applying to is on February 1st? On pharmcas, it states that it takes about 5 weeks so by the time they send my application out would be in mid February?

Thanks

The sticking point is going to be getting your transcripts received in time. When I submitted transcripts, it took nearly 2 weeks for PharmCAS to mark them received. You just have to click submit on a complete application with all fees paid & all transcripts received by February 1 for PharmCAS to consider your application complete - the GPA calculation can be done afterwards and your application will still be considered "on time." You will want to call PharmCAS and find out whether they go by the post mark on the transcripts or what. My suspicion is that they have to mark the transcripts received before Feb 1, in which case it's probably too late.

However, the school you want to apply to may require test scores (PCAT, TOEFL) and LoRs - you will probably want to ask what their policy is on receiving those items late. First, the PCAT score will take over a week to get to PharmCAS; second, if you can scare up LoRs quickly, I'd still allot more than a week so your writers don't get turned off by last-minute planning. If the school is going to consider your application late if they don't receive the whole package by February 1, then I'd say yes, it's too late to apply.

I nominate this thread to be merged with the PharmCAS thread.

is it still too late to submit my pharmcas application seeing how the deadline for the schools that I'm applying to is on February 1st? On pharmcas, it states that it takes about 5 weeks so by the time they send my application out would be in mid February?

Thanks

The sticking point is going to be getting your transcripts received in time. When I submitted transcripts, it took nearly 2 weeks for PharmCAS to mark them received. You just have to click submit on a complete application with all fees paid & all transcripts received by February 1 for PharmCAS to consider your application complete - the GPA calculation can be done afterwards and your application will still be considered "on time." You will want to call PharmCAS and find out whether they go by the post mark on the transcripts or what. My suspicion is that they have to mark the transcripts received before Feb 1, in which case it's probably too late.

However, the school you want to apply to may require test scores (PCAT, TOEFL) and LoRs - you will probably want to ask what their policy is on receiving those items late. First, the PCAT score will take over a week to get to PharmCAS; second, if you can scare up LoRs quickly, I'd still allot more than a week so your writers don't get turned off by last-minute planning. If the school is going to consider your application late if they don't receive the whole package by February 1, then I'd say yes, it's too late to apply.

Your wish is my command. What is allot? I don't even have a joke for that. :smuggrin:

You made me look up allot in the dictionary to make sure I used it right. :laugh:

PS, looks like it got in the WAMC thread instead of PharmCAS. You might have already fixed it before my response goes in.

So you posted this to preserve my error in perpetuity? Thanks. :mad:

So you posted this to preserve my error in perpetuity? Thanks. :mad:

I was going to edit it out. But now you've quoted it. On the count of three... Edit!

Yeah, I was kidding about allot because of the whole alot thing...a rare miss for me perhaps?

The whole alot allots a lot of things. How can you miss? You quote things by that guy who wrote that article - y'know, the most interesting pharmacy student in the world. :p

I was going to edit it out. But now you've quoted it. On the count of three... Edit!

The whole alot allots a lot of things. How can you miss? You quote things by that guy who wrote that article - y'know, the most interesting pharmacy student in the world. :p

Nah, no need to edit, I am impressed you caught my error - it took me all of 30 seconds to find and fix it. Really you should get an achievement or something. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)

thanks for the reply... But so far Pharmcas has received my transcript. I made the payment yesterday and the only thing left I think is for them to calculate my GPA. I guess what I was worried about is if it takes 5 weeks for them to calculate, does that mean they are unable to send my application to my designated school until they finish calculating it?

Last edited:
thanks for the reply... But so far Pharmcas has received my transcript. I made the payment yesterday and the only thing left I think is for them to calculate my GPA. I guess what I was worried about is if it takes 5 weeks for them to calculate, does that mean they are unable to send my application to my designated school until they finish calculating it?

Yes, they will hold the application until they finish calculations. However, they will note when you submitted, so you'll still be on time.

Nah, no need to edit, I am impressed you caught my error - it took me all of 30 seconds to find and fix it. Really you should get an achievement or something. :laugh:

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: Thread camper!

Might be a dumb question but... will schools let you know if they won't offer you an interview? Like if you apply, and schools aren't interested, do they let you know they aren't interested or they just ignore you?

Might be a dumb question but... will schools let you know if they won't offer you an interview? Like if you apply, and schools aren't interested, do they let you know they aren't interested or they just ignore you?

There are three outcomes once you've completed your application (including any supplementals) but prior to an interview:
- School contacts you to schedule an interview
- School contacts you (usually by letter) to let you know your application was declined
- School puts your application on hold - they may or may not communicate this to you. "On hold" means that they're going to interview the applications ranked higher than yours first, but they're not outright declining you because your application has merit. If they still have room, they would consider interviewing from the "on hold" application pool. The best suggestion I have in this scenario is to keep in touch with others applying this cycle (using the school-specific threads). If they are reporting interview offers & submitted everything about the same time as you and you haven't heard back yet, contact the school and politely inquire about your application status.

I saw the above advice somewhere on SDN and think it's sound, but I can't remember where to give credit for my paraphrase. :oops:

Has anyone's gpa been calculated from the Academic Update yet?

Hey guys....
This question is on behalf of a friend of mine who wants to apply to a school with a deadline of Feb 1. Sadly, he forgot to go in and update his grades for the Fall Semester. While the transcript got sent to PharmCAS, he didnt do his part in updating the grades manually. He did so today (January 31). I have tried to console him, but truthfully, I am not sure what's going to happen to his application and was wondering if anyone had some insight. The school in question is UK, but I just want to get some more info just so I can inform him of what to do. He would post on here, but his internet access is limited and I thought that I would get a faster response because I can check it more frequently. Thanks so much.

Once your GPA has been calculated, how long does it take for your application to be mailed out?

Once your GPA has been calculated, how long does it take for your application to be mailed out?
I'm pretty sure applications are sent out every other Monday, with the most recent "mailing" date being 1/30. This would make the next mailing date 2/13.

My official PCAT Score Report was just released by Pearson. How long does it usually take for PharmCAS to receive the score and send it to your designated schools?

Mine took about 2 weeks, although I had the first date in July so I'm not sure if it went a little faster because they didn't have as many to process yet. But I think they told me to give it about 4 weeks. Hopefully it doesn't take that long for you!!

Pearson began sending January PCAT scores to PharmCAS yesterday (2/1/2012). Pearson sends to PharmCAS electronically, so it is instant.

I checked with a PharmCAS representative but have no word on receiving the scores. But according to her, if the PCAT scores were sent to PharmCAS recently, it will be included in your application if it has not been mailed yet.

EDIT: Nice name

Okay great. My application has already been sent, but I was just wondering because some schools I've applied to are holding my app until they get the PCAT.

While PharmCAS may receive your scores instantly (after Pearson prepares & sends the batch of scores), it can take time to match them & list on the applications.

Also, PharmCAS's mailings cut off on Thursday for the following Monday's mailings to schools. So if your score was received on a Friday, it wouldn't send the following Monday, it would send a week later.

Mailings cut off on Thursdays for the following Monday. So, if something is listed on your application tomorrow, it would mail on 2/13, not on 2/6. Otherwise, your application is sent out the Monday after GPA calculations are complete.

ETA: Looks like from some of the dates people are reporting, PharmCAS is sometimes working past their cut off time... So if it's done late on Thursday, it may go out a week later.

Mailings cut off on Thursdays for the following Monday. So, if something is listed on your application tomorrow, it would mail on 2/13, not on 2/6. Otherwise, your application is sent out the Monday after GPA calculations are complete.

ETA: Looks like from some of the dates people are reporting, PharmCAS is sometimes working past their cut off time... So if it's done late on Thursday, it may go out a week later.
Just to add: My academic update GPA was calculated early Thursday AM (1/19), but it was not sent out until 1/30. I also thought it would go out on the very next Monday (1/23), but when I called pharmCAS (I actually talked to somebody after the first ring this time, and did not have to hold. Wow!), they said the next mail date was 1/30. That is why I was lead to believe it is every other Monday. I could totally be wrong, though.

Just to add: My academic update GPA was calculated early Thursday AM (1/19), but it was not sent out until 1/30. I also thought it would go out on the very next Monday (1/23), but when I called pharmCAS (I actually talked to somebody after the first ring this time, and did not have to hold. Wow!), they said the next mail date was 1/30. That is why I was lead to believe it is every other Monday. I could totally be wrong, though.

I wonder if it was MLK day? Hmm.

While PharmCAS may receive your scores instantly (after Pearson prepares & sends the batch of scores), it can take time to match them & list on the applications.

Also, PharmCAS's mailings cut off on Thursday for the following Monday's mailings to schools. So if your score was received on a Friday, it wouldn't send the following Monday, it would send a week later.

So the schools you're applying to would have access to your PCAT scores before it is actually updated on your PharmCas application as received?

So the schools you're applying to would have access to your PCAT scores before it is actually updated on your PharmCas application as received?

No, the scores are sent from Pearson to PharmCAS, then from PharmCAS to the schools. PharmCAS has to match it up with your application before they can send it to the appropriate schools.

Has anyone's January PCAT scores been added to their application? Seems that PharmCAS is taking their time with this as compared to last semester.

The PCAT took place on January 28th of last year so I don't know how those guys waited...

But yeah they are taking their sweet time. I heard it can take up to 4 weeks for it to get updated on your application?

Last edited:
The PCAT took place on January 28th of last year so I don't know how those guys waited...

But yeah they are taking their sweet time. I heard it can take up to 4 weeks for it to get updated on your application?

Wow! I took the PCAT on 9/21 and received my official score on 10/26. My PCAT scores were added to my application on 10/28. Idk what's going on now!

Wow! I took the PCAT on 9/21 and received my official score on 10/26. My PCAT scores were added to my application on 10/28. Idk what's going on now!

Well ain't that funny? mine were just added to my app! lol

So you took the PCAT in September and January is what you're saying?

So you took the PCAT in September and January is what you're saying?

Yep! I took it for the first time in September and wasn't happy with my score. So I took it again in January. My January scores were added to my application this morning.

Really?? I took mine in Jan and am still waiting for them to be added. oy vey.. this is driving me crazy..

Hi there! I am thinking I do not have a strong enough application this year. I did apply to a couple of schools and have really great LORs. So, if I don't get in this year, will PharmCAS keep those letters with my information for next year or do you have to resubmit new LORs. ???? Thanks!

Pharmcas received my updated transcripts 1-21-12. They still have not calculated my updated GPA. How long does this take?

Hey guys I am officially done with the hassle and sleepless nights of waiting for an acceptance. I will give you my background stats and am here to advice anyone who needs help.

First of all when I first came on Sdn I used to be freaked out because everyone miraculously has a 90percentile PCAT score. I scored on my first trial last July in the 50s then in Sept in the late 60s (completely because I sucked at reading comprehension everything else was upper 70s and 80s). My gpa is 3.18. Pharmacy volunteer experience and I work currently. My LORs were pretty solid two from professors and one from my boss at a healthcare agency. I spent months perfecting my personal statement because I believe that's their first impression of you.

So I sent my pharmcas application early November to 15 schools everything went through by December but to cut the long story short I got interviews for 11 schools interviewed at D'youville and Notre Dame got accepted to both :). So I'm saying ladies and gentlemen anything is possible. If you need any advice I am absolutely here to help in whatever way I can. :)

I was wondering, do they calculate the new gpa for AU?
I sent all my stuff (including transcripts) more than a month ago and they haven't updated my gpa.

I was wondering, do they calculate the new gpa for AU?
I sent all my stuff (including transcripts) more than a month ago and they haven't updated my gpa.

Yeah PharmCAS does. It just takes them awhile.

For example, I mailed my transcripts 1/5, they were officially "received" on 1/15, and my GPA was updated 2/14.

Im applying on this next app cycle and am in the process of getting people to write my LORs. If for some reason I do not get accepted this cycle, will be LORs remain on my pharmcas profile or do I need to have them sent again next cycle?

Thanks