Official 2015-2016: Oh no, I don't have a single Interview Invite thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Keep up the hard work and believe in yourself! To me and to every applicant this cycle!

Man it is getting tough.

Day by day newer schools are sending out II's and I'm not one of them. Granted I may be low on their evaluation score and I may get a II later on but I wish I just had one school to interview with. 1/17, that's all I need.

I don't know if you guys feel my pain but I deactivated FB just because I would scroll down and see a friend get an interview and the worries would come right back.

Sometimes I don't get it. Great academics, good clinical exposure, one of the first to apply. The worst part is I have no control over this, it's all upto them to decide. I wish I could somehow convince them I'm worth it. God damn I will work day and night if you give me a chance.

Sorry for the rant. Most of my family is sick of me complaining to them and stressing too much. I want to stress less too. I just wish I could stop. Not that easy when your entire life depends on one email lol.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know if you guys feel my pain but I deactivated FB just because I would scroll down and see a friend get an interview and the worries would come right back.
Wait, your friends post about their interviews on Facebook? I have never seen any of my friends post about a medical school interview on Facebook.

Reactions: 6 users
Amazon, I don't know how you got passed my spam filter, but please stop asking me to rate my previous purchases and getting my hopes up thinking you're an II sitting in my inbox -__-

Reactions: 7 users
upload_2015-8-19_0-48-58.png

Well I am just mad and sad that everyone on here has interviews and I am left in the dust :(

I keep getting either emails from my undergrad begging me to donate, notifications from my apartment complex that today is "FREE ICE CREAM TUESDAY" or that someone endorsed me on LinkedIn. -_-

Y U NO II GMAIL

I keep getting either emails from my undergrad begging me to donate, notifications from my apartment complex that today is "FREE ICE CREAM TUESDAY" or that someone endorsed me on LinkedIn. -_-

Y U NO II GMAIL

I am pretty close to unlinking my email from LinkedIn....

I've only submitted 8/26 secondaries so far (2 of which didn't have any essays), even though I was verified 7/4. I've never felt so behind before, haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
Man it is getting tough.

Day by day newer schools are sending out II's and I'm not one of them. Granted I may be low on their evaluation score and I may get a II later on but I wish I just had one school to interview with. 1/17, that's all I need.

Sometimes I don't get it. Great academics, good clinical exposure, one of the first to apply. The worst part is I have no control over this, it's all upto them to decide. I wish I could somehow convince them I'm worth it. God damn I will work day and night if you give me a chance.

Sorry for the rant. Most of my family is sick of me complaining to them and stressing too much. I want to stress less too. I just wish I could stop. Not that easy when your entire life depends on one email lol.

I'm sure you've been told this ad nauseum, but... it's still early. People get interviews throughout April lol. It's too early in the game to succumb to self-doubt, though that is very tempting given the situation. You are right though, you have no control over this. So why worry? You gain absolutely nothing by worrying about the things you have no control over. Use this time to prepare for interviews so you'll be ready to go when you do get an II. I'm guilty of stressing my family out too lol, slowly starting to accept that this process is a long one and that we all just need to calm the f*** down.

I was freaking out a ton about not having interviews yet, especially since I felt like I applied to a good mix of schools, and have decent scores and ECs. But patience is a virtue and knowing that I'm not the only one in this boat has helped a lot. Fingers crossed for all of us.

Here's an idea. Turn off the computer, leave your phone at home, go out and spend a few hours away from any sort of Internet connection. Read a book, smoke a cigar, go eat Korean BBQ (just became a giant fan), play video games or some sport, anything that takes your mind away from the grind. It's definitely helped me keep my sanity, especially after three rejections.

Reactions: 3 users
I just thought this might help.

A few adcom directors I know have a policy of not looking at the new applications until the new matriculating class is settled in orientation. I was just at a white coat ceremony yesterday. Additionally others are still getting back from or even just starting vacation. Many of the early II are for outstanding students as many adcoms do not do full reviews in a linear manner. That is, they pull out the higher GPA/MCAT "formula" applicants for first review.

Reactions: 3 users
Here's an idea. Turn off the computer, leave your phone at home, go out and spend a few hours away from any sort of Internet connection. Read a book, smoke a cigar, go eat Korean BBQ (just became a giant fan), play video games or some sport, anything that takes your mind away from the grind. It's definitely helped me keep my sanity, especially after three rejections.
Dude, Korean BBQ is bomb. +1 all of this.

Reactions: 2 users
Eh.

I make that stuff. Awesome and easy. :p

My friend, who is Korean, taught me all about it and created the whole experience. It's a wonderful cuisine and pretty dang healthy, too.

My friend, who is Korean, taught me all about it and created the whole experience. It's a wonderful cuisine and pretty dang healthy, too.

I always thought i was a pig for eating korean bbq

Besides hating getting spam emails from Amazon instead of II's, it's even worse to see an email from a school I applied to that just says 'thanks for applying' or 'your application is being processed' and thinking it was regarding an II. :smack:

Appreciate the fact that some people are on the same boat as me and at least put themselves out there:)

I decided to do just that.. I got off the internet and just been hanging out with friends. Can't stress out. Won't help.

I'm gonna live life one day at a time and make the most of it.

Back to playing ball everyday now. Love it. Thanks for the encouragement

Reactions: 2 users
Appreciate the fact that some people are on the same boat as me and at least put themselves out there:)

I decided to do just that.. I got off the internet and just been hanging out with friends. Can't stress out. Won't help.

I'm gonna live life one day at a time and make the most of it.

Back to playing ball everyday now. Love it. Thanks for the encouragement

Great Idea! I've been dedicating myself to running everyday and getting back in shape. We gotta keep ourselves same somehow!!

This is my typical day...
-Wake up and immediately check my phone for emails. Do my morning routine.
-Check the status of all my secondary applications to see if anything has changed.
-Go about my day while constantly checking emails on my phone and SDN to see if anyone received II.
-Go to bed depressed.
-Repeat.

Reactions: 13 users
I've been getting back into playing guitar. And Diablo II.

Though I always seemingly unconsciously get on SDN looking for some solace that I know that I will never find. Like right now. Why am I posting this? Why am I still typing??

**Deepens insanity**
is d2x still popping? haven't touched it since high school. too addicting

is d2x still popping? haven't touched it since high school. too addicting

BattleNet is full of spammers. But I dusted off my discs and started solo campaigning. I haven't looted so hard in 6 years... makes me feel so alive.

BattleNet is full of spammers. But I dusted off my discs and started solo campaigning. I haven't looted so hard in 6 years... makes me feel so alive.
man do people really buy in game items for money? i know they do for games like candy crush and stuff but dang

Today I went to the gym, made a bunch of delicious food, spent way too much time in lab and learned a bunch of new techniques which was awesome, came home and saw my girlfriend, grabbed a six pack with my buddies and ate chinese food and watched a movie.

No IIs yet, but life is still good :) we got this guys.

wait, question. i have 2 DO II's but no MD II's so is it cool if I stay on here since this thread is on pre allo? lol

OMG Korean BBQ is the best. :love: But LOL I wouldn't call it healthy at all (lol red meat) :laugh:

I just learned how to play roller hockey 100% recommend for guys and girls both!

OMG Korean BBQ is the best. :love: But LOL I wouldn't call it healthy at all (lol red meat) :laugh:
Oh true on the red meat. I meant more of the side dishes! Just fruits, slaws, and pickled stuff :D

Oh true on the red meat. I meant more of the side dishes! Just fruits, slaws, and pickled stuff :D

Oh yaaasss kimchi :love: and potato salad. I've been eating salad for the past week. If I get an interview invite, I'm gonna go pig out on KBBQ and not give a ****!

Let's not wait any longer ADCOMS, you know we both want each other...

Man it is getting tough.

Wait people at your school post about their interviews on Facebook?

Wait, your friends post about their interviews on Facebook? I have never seen any of my friends post about a medical school interview on Facebook.
Wait people at your school post about their interviews on Facebook?
lol I can understand an acceptance but interview is too much..

Yea I went to UF for undergrad. Possibly the most cutthroat school in the nation for pre meds. The worst part is they advertised the school for being great in science and academics in general. Which it is, except they dont tell you you'll be sitting in a class of 500 for Chem I, out of which 450 are pre med, the professor will probably never know your name, you'll always get put down by everyone even if you are legitimately doing your best to help people, etc.

I wish undergrad was totally different. Honestly, 3 years of actual courses that may help you in the future, with professors who actually give a damn, and maybe an internship year to open you up to job opportunities. That would be so worth it.

BTW Korean bbq is legit.

Yea I went to UF for undergrad. Possibly the most cutthroat school in the nation for pre meds. The worst part is they advertised the school for being great in science and academics in general. Which it is, except they dont tell you you'll be sitting in a class of 500 for Chem I, out of which 450 are pre med, the professor will probably never know your name, you'll always get put down by everyone even if you are legitimately doing your best to help people, etc.

I wish undergrad was totally different. Honestly, 3 years of actual courses that may help you in the future, with professors who actually give a damn, and maybe an internship year to open you up to job opportunities. That would be so worth it.

BTW Korean bbq is legit.
I'm sorry, that sounds awful! I seriously have not seen a single post on Facebook about medical school interviews, and I'm very glad about that. Also, I would never post about my own interviews on Facebook because, aside from the fact that it could come off as bragging, it would also be really awkward if I didn't get accepted and everybody was asking me about it.

Another week of silence from all of the schools i applied to...And to add insult to injury, med schools are trolling me now. Just got an email from Case saying i'd be a great anesthesiologist assistant.

Reactions: 14 users

BTW Korean bbq is legit.
I'm so sorry to hear that. :( Sounds like a private school may have been a better fit or at least not as big.

BTW Korean bbq is legit.

Rival school checking in here ;) basically the same story, but I found as I got into my upper division classes everyone started to become a lot more collaborative and actually helping. Same case for you? I remember the gunners were so strong during freshman/sophomore year in those huge lecture halls. Ugh.

Rival school checking in here ;) basically the same story, but I found as I got into my upper division classes everyone started to become a lot more collaborative and actually helping. Same case for you? I remember the gunners were so strong during freshman/sophomore year in those huge lecture halls. Ugh.

Maybe the gunners self-gunned themselves out? :p

I went to a huge public UC for undergrad and noticed the ...abundance of gunners even though I wasn't even a premed. Apparently my undergrad is one of the greatest net exporters of premeds in the country...boy am I thankful I wasn't premed then!!

Did a formal post-bac at a small private college....and really wished I spent 4 years of my undergrad there instead. I loved it! I am now totally all for small LACs :)