**Official 2021 GPR+AEGD PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Class of 2021 it is now our turn up to bat. Let's keep this as a hub for discussion about this cycle and its timeline

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone knows if this year interviews will be done virtually or not?

Anyone knows if this year interviews will be done virtually or not?
For applicants that want to, some programs are offering virtual, with the caveat of not getting a facility tour or shadowing residents.

do most GPR programs sent "confirmation e-mail" for completed apps?
I've only heard back from 1 LOL

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone received any interviews? I know we still may be a bit early

IMMEDIATE HELP NEEDED:
hey everyone, I applied for a specialty and now I am trying to apply to GPR programs. my LORs are focused more towards the specialty and I can't upload new once.
Is anybody here in a similar situation? any idea how to fix this or how it will affect the strength of my application for GPR programs?
any feedback is highly appreciated.
Thank you

Reactions: 1 user
IMMEDIATE HELP NEEDED:
hey everyone, I applied for a specialty and now I am trying to apply to GPR programs. my LORs are focused more towards the specialty and I can't upload new once.
Is anybody here in a similar situation? any idea how to fix this or how it will affect the strength of my application for GPR programs?
any feedback is highly appreciated.
Thank you
I am in similar situation with same question and unfortunately could not find any answers however I am applying to AEGD

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in similar situation with same question and unfortunately could not find any answers however I am applying to AEGD
1)I can only speak for myself, but letters of recommendation are just a piece of the puzzle. If they were specific to a specialty, I would not discount them, but use them the same as personal statement, transcript, etc to get a big picture of the candidate. My only caveat would be if your letter says "John Doe is ONLY good at endo and cant prep a tooth to save his life...." that probably wouldn't be great....

2) We don't EXPECT anyone who applies to reach out (except to submit required materials), but it does show interest if they do.

Have you guys gotten emails back from any programs after submitting? How about asking for a 2x2 (or are we expected to reach out first)

Only one program emailed me saying they received my app and asked for my 2x2. The other programs require NBDE scores, but I have not sent them yet.

I applied to 10 GPR programs, yet no word of any. It's still early so I'm just waiting.

Hey guys, for your GPR applications, where in ADEA PASS did you indicate/list the conferences you attended? For example, ADEA/ASDA national conferences, HackAThons, etc?

Thanks!

Do Program Directors have the ability to see where else we applied?

Refreshing my email 1903813901209381283213 times a day for AEGD interview invites.

I applied to UTHSCSA, SA VA, Texas A&M, UF St. Pete and Orlando VA! Fingers crossed!

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Same! Unfortunately, it looks like this cycle is going a lot slower compared to last years

Got an Email that this particular GPR will be sending invites out soon. The end of the email notes: " It is essential that we have a passport type photograph, your match code number and your DAT scores to attach to your application. If you have not already done so please send this material directly to __________ to my attention "

Question: I don't want to interpret that last line the wrong way but these definite means email it to them right?

Got an Email that this particular GPR will be sending invites out soon. The end of the email notes: " It is essential that we have a passport type photograph, your match code number and your DAT scores to attach to your application. If you have not already done so please send this material directly to __________ to my attention "

Question: I don't want to interpret that last line the wrong way but these definite means email it to them right?
Yeah, I got the exact email too. I just email them right back with the info that they've requested

do most GPR programs sent "confirmation e-mail" for completed apps?
I've only heard back from 1 LOL
I was wondering the same thing! I have only received one confirmation email so far as well (UF Seminole).

Interview invites:
- loma linda VA (couple weeks ago - virtual + in person options)
- SF VA today (virtual only)

9/9 SUNY Upstate GPR (email) - Virtual interview: 10/1, 10/8, 10/22, 10/29, 11/5, 11/12, 11/19, 12/3, 12/10, and 12/17
9/10 ECU AEGD (email) - Virtual interview: 10/26

nothing at all here and i applied to like 15 programs. well i guess it's time to start looking for some DSO jobs

nothing at all here and i applied to like 15 programs. well i guess it's time to start looking for some DSO jobs

No offense, but that’s a bad attitude. Application cycle isn’t even closed yet. Wait until end of November before you give up.

did anyone get a zoom invite to UT San Antonio for a webinar?

I too got thr UTHSCSA zoom invite too

No, sadly the Microsoft Teams ID wasn't working for me :/. What kind of stuff did he go over?
Here are a few pics I took of his slides! Hope this helps! The presentation and questions made me so fired up! This looks like an incredible program

Attachments

• 20200920_104254.jpg
    20200920_104254.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 342
  • 20200920_103716.jpg
    20200920_103716.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 308
  • 20200920_103609.jpg
    20200920_103609.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 333
  • 20200920_103404.jpg
    20200920_103404.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 317
  • 20200920_103003.jpg
    20200920_103003.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 308
  • 20200920_102521.jpg
    20200920_102521.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 296
Do you guys think it's too late to apply to programs? I changed my mind and would actually like to pursue an AEGD.

Do you guys think it's too late to apply to programs? I changed my mind and would actually like to pursue an AEGD.
Some programs have September deadlines, some October and November. I would check the individual deadlines for programs you're interested in since PASS doesn't close til 2021 i believe.

So far I have gotten interviews at
Temple TX VA AEGD
Albany NY VA AEGD

Has anyone else heard from other VA programs?

First interview at UTHSCSA virtual Oct 5 :rofl:

So far I have gotten interviews at
Temple TX VA AEGD
Albany NY VA AEGD

Has anyone else heard from other VA programs?

Dallas VA. Unable to attend due to scheduling conflict

First interview at UTHSCSA virtual Oct 5 :rofl:

Congrats! I thought he said on the webinar he wasn't going to send invites out until after the first of October because he wanted to wait until after the deadline. Good luck!