-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
**Official 2021 GPR+AEGD PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match**
Started by Alpha Centauri
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
.
Last edited:
heya good to see you again!Class of 2021 it is now our turn up to bat. Let's keep this as a hub for discussion about this cycle and its timeline
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
4 years laterheya good to see you again!
Just took day one of part 2 today as well lol
Anyone knows if this year interviews will be done virtually or not?
For applicants that want to, some programs are offering virtual, with the caveat of not getting a facility tour or shadowing residents.Anyone knows if this year interviews will be done virtually or not?
How was the test if you don't mind sharing lol?4 years later
Just took day one of part 2 today as well lol
Day 1 I finished in 2 hoursHow was the test if you don't mind sharing lol?
Day 2 was trickier since clinical judgement.
Mental dental and mastery app
Has anyone received any interviews? I know we still may be a bit early
IMMEDIATE HELP NEEDED:
hey everyone, I applied for a specialty and now I am trying to apply to GPR programs. my LORs are focused more towards the specialty and I can't upload new once.
Is anybody here in a similar situation? any idea how to fix this or how it will affect the strength of my application for GPR programs?
any feedback is highly appreciated.
Thank you
hey everyone, I applied for a specialty and now I am trying to apply to GPR programs. my LORs are focused more towards the specialty and I can't upload new once.
Is anybody here in a similar situation? any idea how to fix this or how it will affect the strength of my application for GPR programs?
any feedback is highly appreciated.
Thank you
I am in similar situation with same question and unfortunately could not find any answers however I am applying to AEGDIMMEDIATE HELP NEEDED:
hey everyone, I applied for a specialty and now I am trying to apply to GPR programs. my LORs are focused more towards the specialty and I can't upload new once.
Is anybody here in a similar situation? any idea how to fix this or how it will affect the strength of my application for GPR programs?
any feedback is highly appreciated.
Thank you
Have you guys gotten emails back from any programs after submitting? How about asking for a 2x2 (or are we expected to reach out first)
1)I can only speak for myself, but letters of recommendation are just a piece of the puzzle. If they were specific to a specialty, I would not discount them, but use them the same as personal statement, transcript, etc to get a big picture of the candidate. My only caveat would be if your letter says "John Doe is ONLY good at endo and cant prep a tooth to save his life...." that probably wouldn't be great....I am in similar situation with same question and unfortunately could not find any answers however I am applying to AEGD
2) We don't EXPECT anyone who applies to reach out (except to submit required materials), but it does show interest if they do.
Have you guys gotten emails back from any programs after submitting? How about asking for a 2x2 (or are we expected to reach out first)
Only one program emailed me saying they received my app and asked for my 2x2. The other programs require NBDE scores, but I have not sent them yet.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied to 10 GPR programs, yet no word of any. It's still early so I'm just waiting.
Hey guys, for your GPR applications, where in ADEA PASS did you indicate/list the conferences you attended? For example, ADEA/ASDA national conferences, HackAThons, etc?
Thanks!
Thanks!
Do Program Directors have the ability to see where else we applied?
Do Program Directors have the ability to see where else we applied?
not that I am aware of
Same I have applied to 10 and no words yet....
Got 1st interview invite today
Same! Unfortunately, it looks like this cycle is going a lot slower compared to last years
Got an Email that this particular GPR will be sending invites out soon. The end of the email notes: " It is essential that we have a passport type photograph, your match code number and your DAT scores to attach to your application. If you have not already done so please send this material directly to __________ to my attention "
Question: I don't want to interpret that last line the wrong way but these definite means email it to them right?
Question: I don't want to interpret that last line the wrong way but these definite means email it to them right?
Yeah, I got the exact email too. I just email them right back with the info that they've requestedGot an Email that this particular GPR will be sending invites out soon. The end of the email notes: " It is essential that we have a passport type photograph, your match code number and your DAT scores to attach to your application. If you have not already done so please send this material directly to __________ to my attention "
Question: I don't want to interpret that last line the wrong way but these definite means email it to them right?
TotallyFloss'em21
Full Member
I was wondering the same thing! I have only received one confirmation email so far as well (UF Seminole).do most GPR programs sent "confirmation e-mail" for completed apps?
I've only heard back from 1 LOL
WolftheDentistStanson
Full Member
Same, first interview invite to Hackensack Medical Center in NJ
did you submit your 2x2 electronically? Also were there any other supplemental materials required?
9/9 SUNY Upstate GPR (email) - Virtual interview: 10/1, 10/8, 10/22, 10/29, 11/5, 11/12, 11/19, 12/3, 12/10, and 12/17
9/10 ECU AEGD (email) - Virtual interview: 10/26
9/10 ECU AEGD (email) - Virtual interview: 10/26
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any update for NYC programs?
WolftheDentistStanson
Full Member
nothing at all here and i applied to like 15 programs. well i guess it's time to start looking for some DSO jobs
nothing at all here and i applied to like 15 programs. well i guess it's time to start looking for some DSO jobs
No offense, but that’s a bad attitude. Application cycle isn’t even closed yet. Wait until end of November before you give up.
In person interview at Olin E Teague
Invites @Hackensack + Rutgers
D
deleted780698
did anyone get a zoom invite to UT San Antonio for a webinar?
TotallyFloss'em21
Full Member
Yeah I did! Very interesting haha not sure what to expectdid anyone get a zoom invite to UT San Antonio for a webinar?
Yeah I did! Very interesting haha not sure what to expect
Same here lol
Another interview invite from dallas VA
TotallyFloss'em21
Full Member
I can't log onto the meeting because: "the meeting capacity has been reached" :OI too got thr UTHSCSA zoom invite too
were you able to get in? he switched from zoom to microsoft teams to accomodate the capacityI can't log onto the meeting because: "the meeting capacity has been reached" :O
TotallyFloss'em21
Full Member
No, sadly the Microsoft Teams ID wasn't working for me :/. What kind of stuff did he go over?were you able to get in? he switched from zoom to microsoft teams to accomodate the capacity
Here are a few pics I took of his slides! Hope this helps! The presentation and questions made me so fired up! This looks like an incredible programNo, sadly the Microsoft Teams ID wasn't working for me :/. What kind of stuff did he go over?
Attachments
TotallyFloss'em21
Full Member
OMG you're awesome! thank you so much!!Here are a few pics I took of his slides! Hope this helps! The presentation and questions made me so fired up! This looks like an incredible program
Do you guys think it's too late to apply to programs? I changed my mind and would actually like to pursue an AEGD.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Some programs have September deadlines, some October and November. I would check the individual deadlines for programs you're interested in since PASS doesn't close til 2021 i believe.Do you guys think it's too late to apply to programs? I changed my mind and would actually like to pursue an AEGD.
ScrappyDoo1012
New Member
So far I have gotten interviews at
Temple TX VA AEGD
Albany NY VA AEGD
Has anyone else heard from other VA programs?
Temple TX VA AEGD
Albany NY VA AEGD
Has anyone else heard from other VA programs?
So far I have gotten interviews at
Temple TX VA AEGD
Albany NY VA AEGD
Has anyone else heard from other VA programs?
Dallas VA. Unable to attend due to scheduling conflict
First interview at UTHSCSA virtual Oct 5 🤣
Congrats! I thought he said on the webinar he wasn't going to send invites out until after the first of October because he wanted to wait until after the deadline. Good luck!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 86
- Views
- 17K
- Replies
- 408
- Views
- 179K
- Replies
- 238
- Views
- 45K
- Replies
- 209
- Views
- 54K