Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So sorry. This sounds pretty bad to be honest. I don't say that to squash your hopes or to tell you not to try your damndest.
My advice would be to focus on the least competitive programs in the least competitive specialty in the least competitive areas and apply broadly. This is not the time to shoot for the stars. Read online about any and everything you can do to boost your app for an IMG. Externships, observorships, research, networking. When you fit into the category of not looking good on paper, you have to figure out other ways to make connections and have people want to help/hire you despite what is on paper.
As far as your PS, I hope people more knowledgeable than me can say, but given you are IMG and the red flags you have said are not the kind to not be immediately apparent, I would address this in the PS but please get confirmation on that advice from someone besides me.
Godspeed.
My advice would be to focus on the least competitive programs in the least competitive specialty in the least competitive areas and apply broadly. This is not the time to shoot for the stars. Read online about any and everything you can do to boost your app for an IMG. Externships, observorships, research, networking. When you fit into the category of not looking good on paper, you have to figure out other ways to make connections and have people want to help/hire you despite what is on paper.
As far as your PS, I hope people more knowledgeable than me can say, but given you are IMG and the red flags you have said are not the kind to not be immediately apparent, I would address this in the PS but please get confirmation on that advice from someone besides me.
Godspeed.