OFFICIAL MT. SINAI COUNTDOWN THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone get news today???

Members don't see this ad.

I got an acceptance in the mail today :) - actually it arrived on Saturday but I hadn't checked my mail since just now. I interviewed on Jan 11. My withdrawl letter will be on its way by the end of the week. Hopefully the spot will go to someone who deserves it. Good luck all.

jargon--where are you going instead?

Members don't see this ad :)
KDMD - Sinai's an awesome school and I really like it but I'm going to my state school - the University of Arizona. Are you headed for Sinai? Good luck to you.. :)

congrats!! :) Jargon. Hey hopefully I'll get my decision from Sinai soon. that's definitely good news!!

Jargon--I am accepting Sinai and waiting on 2 alternate lists...I'll keep you posted.

moving jargon124 to accepted batch

Accepted:
KDMD
E'01
JJ4, MSTP
Dr. G
Scooby Doo
Cali boy
Dragon Kid
Dolemite
Jargon124

Waitlisted:
Jase133
Oldman
Lumine
Player
Cleaner
Dr. L

Rejected:
Tommygunn04
GG16

Interviewed (no word yet!):
Vinsanity
SMW
reesie0726
Blazed
gmendese
barb
F#m7b5/ D#m7b5

Withdrew:
Trek

I just wanted to keep you all up to date--I called Mt. Sinai today and they said that they can't tell me where I am on the waitlist, and they will never be able to give out your rank on the waitlist.

updates anyone??

any news??!

This thread is going quite slowly :)

very very slowly I guess it reflects Sinai's admissions office.

AAAHHHH! I got in! My first acceptance! I just interviewed there (mid-march). i wasn't expecting anything till april. Oh my goodness. Don't give up. I think no news is good news at this point!

Members don't see this ad :)
adding bebe2 to acceptance batch

Accepted:
KDMD
E'01
JJ4, MSTP
Dr. G
Scooby Doo
Cali boy
Dragon Kid
Dolemite
Jargon124
bebe2

Waitlisted:
Jase133
Oldman
Lumine
Player
Cleaner
Dr. L

Rejected:
Tommygunn04
GG16

Vinsanity
SMW
reesie0726
Blazed
gmendese
barb
F#m7b5/ D#m7b5

Withdrew:
Trek

bebe2,

CONGRATS! =)

Congratulations, Artist formerly known as bebe. :)

Thanks guys. For all those waiting, good luck. I truly mean that. I do think that there are several reasons for the wait. 1)Your interviewer has not turned in their forms or haven't been able to present you to the admissions committee yet
2) You are on hold and they will continually review your application, after all you haven't received a rejection
3) Your acceptance is lost in the mail

Keep ya head up guys!!
Peace :) :clap:

Congratulations bebe2! :clap: :D :clap: :clap: :D

Bebe2--I'll see you next year :)

KDMD -- you're definitely going?? Where else you looking at?? CONGRATS TO ALL! :D

Has anyone received pre-interview rejections lately? Will they be coming soon? I sent in my secondary in December.

adding Meizy to waitlist saw the name in the waitlist thread.

Accepted:
KDMD
E'01
JJ4, MSTP
Dr. G
Scooby Doo
Cali boy
Dragon Kid
Dolemite
Jargon124

Waitlisted:
Jase133
Oldman
Lumine
Player
Cleaner
Dr. L
Meizy

Rejected:
Tommygunn04
GG16

Vinsanity
SMW
reesie0726
Blazed
gmendese
barb
F#m7b5/ D#m7b5

Withdrew:
Trek

So anyway, I woke up this morning and decided I really want to go to Mt Sinai...

Does anyone know when they start pulling people off the waitlist?

:)

Jase133, I understand how you feel. Everyday I wake up wanting to attend Sinai too. Damn it when are they going to pick up my file and decide.

foxy:
i sent in my secondary a long time ago, too. they told me a week ago that they would be sending out interview invitations until the end of april, so sit tight. you might not be off their list yet!

JJ4-I am into Sinai, wait listed at WashU and Columbia, so it looks like Sinai it is :)

what did you finally decide? pm me

Who else hasn't heard from Sinai after the interview??

vinsanity, I'm still waiting to hear. I interviewed in mid Feb. I called today and they said no decision had been made yet. What was weird was that she asked me my name and when I told her she said,"Oh, we're not granting any more interviews?" Then I said, "I already interviewed." Then she put me on hold forever then told me no decision had been made. I think she was the same woman who told me a few weeks ago that I had been waitlisted when I had not been.

I interviewed on Nov. 8. Called yesterday and there is STILL no decision.

sinai can suck my hairy balls.

i called and that bitch diane bailey came on, told me that no decision has been made very curtly, hung up on me. and then i came home to my post-interview REJECTION letter that same day.

FUK sinai. i hate sinai more that any other school. they have the most half-assed admissions team in the world. they dont tell you anything about when you'll hear or when to expect or anything. my friend interviewed in september and was JUST waitlisted last week after months of "no decision yet." that's ridiculous. i had the best interviews there and have way above their average stats and they still rejected me. i hope they go bankrupt.
i can easily say that i had the absolute WORST application experience with sinai.

in case you can't tell, i am very sore about that rejection.

Adding Choker to rejected batch

Accepted:
KDMD
E'01
JJ4, MSTP
Dr. G
Scooby Doo
Cali boy
Dragon Kid
Dolemite
Jargon124

Waitlisted:
Jase133
Oldman
Lumine
Player
Cleaner
Dr. L
Meizy

Rejected:
Tommygunn04
GG16
Choker

Vinsanity
SMW
reesie0726
Blazed
gmendese
barb
F#m7b5/ D#m7b5

Withdrew:
Trek

Barb, that basically happened to me too when I called the first time. She was not happy after I told her I had interviewed already. But everytime I call I get the "no decision" message so I don't even bother calling anymore. I'm getting a bit nervous here with this long wait they have me going through.

Choker, I too had my best interview at Sinai. Both of the interviewers basically told me that they wanted me to attend Sinai. I left Sinai thinking I had no problem getting in but after such a long wait it seems like a rejection is most probable. It really sucks cause Sinai is my first choice.

well im kinda relieved. if i got in, i dont think i would've had the heart to say no to them. but after going to school in nyc for the past 10 years, and living in the immediate area for the past 18, i HAVE to get out of here. i almost stabbed an old lady on the subway (dont worry, just kidding). this place is really really starting to get to me. i recommend everyone live in nyc at least once in your life, but leave before you go nuts. what did kurt vonnegut say during that graduation speech, "live in ny, but leave before you get hard; live in california, but leave before you get soft."

oh well, here i come pitt.

for those of you who haven't heard from Sinai post-interview do you think we will be hearing this week?? Well, according to aamc they should have had their class filled by the end of march you think we will have a good chance of getting in at this stage??

Add me to the "still waiting to bet a respone" pile.

I interviewed in mid-Feb and still haven't heard yet... been calling once a week and that sweetie Elsie Rivera tells me the same thing each time: no decision has been made yet. Oh well... :p

adding jerbear to still waiting postinterview.

Accepted:
KDMD
E'01
JJ4, MSTP
Dr. G
Scooby Doo
Cali boy
Dragon Kid
Dolemite
Jargon124

Waitlisted:
Jase133
Oldman
Lumine
Player
Cleaner
Dr. L
Meizy

Rejected:
Tommygunn04
GG16
Choker

Vinsanity
SMW
reesie0726
Blazed
gmendese
barb
F#m7b5/ D#m7b5
jerbear

Withdrew:
Trek

Any updates today people??? Lets see if I get something from them today.

Any news today, Vinsanity? :)

nah, nothing yet. But my new tennis racket got in today. :) I have come to the point that I don't even expect anything in my mail anymore.

Has anyone been invited to the Mount Sinai revisit weekend?? I just got an e-mail inviting me to go take as second look at Sinai on the end of April. I haven't recieved a letter telling me that I have been accepted though. Does this mean I have a chance??? Has anyone who is invited to this thing been accepted already or waitlisted??

Visanity, that sounds great. Congrats. Call them, but it really seems that you have been accepted.

Vinsanity I think you're in!!!!!! I also got the email today :)

Yep, so did I. It must be a good sign. keep us posted! :clap:

Congrats, you guys. I STILL haven't heard anything post-interview from them. It's been FIVE MONTHS now. Oh well.

I haven't heard good new in a long time. This is definitely good new!! :) I hope I got accepted. Will anyone be attending the revisit???

Congrats vinsanity! I was waitlisted and I didn't get anything :)

Congratulations Vinsanity! :clap: :clap:

But now I'm worried. I didn't receive any invitation to the 2nd look weekend. Is there anybody out there who got accepted who did not receive that e-mail! :confused:

Hey guys, I need some help . I am supposed to interview April 29th. Is their class full already? I don't want to just interview for the waitlist but I think I will still go cause I got waitlisted at my other schools. Also, is the school closer to La Guardia airport or JFK. Thanks so much and congrats vinsanity!

thank you all for the support!!

Barb, I think the second look is for minority students. I am not 100% sure but the invitation was from the office of minorities. So if you are not a minority don't worry about the invitation.

In regards to the spots available in Sinai I don't really think you have to worry about that cause there seems to be a lot of movement from the people who have already been accepted. I think there are still spots available. There is still chance. Good luck.

According to my girlfriend, la guardia is closer to Sinai.