**Official PASS 2024 Endodontic Residency Interviews/Information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Furman11

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Good luck with the upcoming cycle. Hoping to see some of you at the AAE in Chicago this year.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
UPDATE AS OF 8/24/2022
BELOW IS FOR THIS CYCLE 2023 Endodontic Residency Interviews/Information:

University of Alabama at Birmingham - email invite 7/15, interview 7/22 - Spots filled
Loma Linda University - invites sent 7/01, interview 08/05 - Offers made

University of California at Los Angeles - Invite sent 7/6; interview Zoom 7/12, 07/29
University of California at San Francisco - email invite 6/29, 7/14 interview - Spots filled

University of Southern California - email invite 7/15, interview 7/26, 7/29, 8/2, 8/4 - Offers made
University of the Pacific - email invite 7/15, interview 7/26, 7/28 - Offers made
University of Connecticut - 6/20, 7/7 email invite, 7/20, 7/21 interview - Spots filled
Nova Southeastern University - phone call 7/7, interviews 7/25, 7/26 - Spots filled
University of Florida - Invites sent 6/30, July 15th interview - Spots filled
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ) - 5/31 email; 7/18 interview - Spots filled

University of Illinois at Chicago - 6/30 email, 7/13, 7/14 - Spots filled
Southern Illinois University - invite email 8/1; interview 8/12
Indiana University - 6/22 email; 7/11 interview - Spots filled

University of Iowa - invites sent 7/7, interview 7/14 and 7/15 - Spots filled
University of Louisville - 6/5 phone; 7/15, 7/18 interview - Spots filled

Louisiana State University - 6/17 email; 7/22 interview - Spots filled
University of Maryland - 07/11 email; 07/29 interview
Boston University - 6/8 email; 6/16, 7/14, 7/25, 7/28, 8/15 interviews - Offers made

Harvard University - 6/29 email, 7/15, 7/22 Interview - Spots filled
Tufts University - 6/16 email; 7/11, 7/12, 7/14 interviews - Spots filled
University of Detroit Mercy - 7/19 email, 7/25 virtual interview - Spots filled
University of Michigan - 7/14 email, 8/1 interview - Spots filled
University of Minnesota - 6/25 phone call; interviews 7/7, 7/8 - Spots filled
Saint Louis University - 6/10 email, 7/13 interview - Spots filled
University of Missouri-Kansas City - 6/24 email, 7/13 interview - Spots filled
University of Nebraska - 7/1 email, 7/21, 7/22 interview - Spots filled

Rutgers School of Dental Medicine - 6/21, 6/24 email; 7/8, 7/11 interview - Spots filled
Columbia University - 8/9 email; interview 8/16, 17, 23, 24, 25
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center) - invite sent 7/6, interview 7/20, 7/21 - Spots filled
NYU Langone Puerto Rico - early August; interview sometime in September
New York University - email 07/15, 07/25 Zoom interview - Offers made
Stony Brook University - 6/15 email; 7/7 Zoom interview - Spots filled

University at Buffalo, The State University of New York - 8/16 email; 8/25 virtual interview
University of North Carolina - 7/14 invites sent, 7/29 interview - Spots filled
Case Western Reserve University -
The Ohio State University - 6/21 Phone call; 7/14 and 7/15 interview - Spots filled

Oregon Health & Science University - email 7/7, 1st round interview 7/13, final round 7/27 - Spots filled
Albert Einstein Medical Center - 6/21 email, interview 7/14 - Spots filled

Temple University - 6/28, 7/11 email, 7/18 interview - Spots filled
University of Pennsylvania - invite 8/1; interview Zoom 8/8-12
University of Pittsburgh - 6/22 email; 7/15 interview - Spots filled

Medical University of South Carolina - 6/27 phone call, 7/14 interview - Spots filled
University of Tennessee Health Science Center - 07/20 email, 08/05 interview - Offers made
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry - 6/13 call/email, 7/12 interview - Spots filled

University of Texas at Houston - 6/1, 6/13 email, 7/15 interview - Spots filled
University of Texas at San Antonio - 7/15 email, 8/5 interview
Virginia Commonwealth University - email 7/7, interview 7/22 - Spots filled
University of Washington - 6/25 phone call, 7/8, 7/11 interviews - Spots filled

West Virginia University - email 07/20; 08/01 interview
Marquette University - 07/27 phone call; 08/12 interview
VA New York- 6/6 email; interview 7/8 - Spots filled

Please use this template for the 2024 Endodontic Residency interviews. Good luck, everyone!

After you receive an interview, please bold the school and type in the interview dates in parentheses ( )
Ex) University of SDN - Invites sent (July 8th); interview (July 30th)
And when the Spots are filled, switch the color to Blue and type in "Spots filled"
Ex) University of SDN - Invites sent (July 8th); interview (July 30th) - Spots filled

University of Alabama at Birmingham -
Loma Linda University -
University of California at Los Angeles -
University of California at San Francisco -
University of Southern California -
University of the Pacific -
University of Connecticut -
Nova Southeastern University -
University of Florida -
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ) -
University of Illinois at Chicago -
Southern Illinois University -
Indiana University -
University of Iowa -
University of Louisville -
University of Kentucky -
Louisiana State University -
University of Maryland -
Boston University -
Harvard University -
Tufts University -
University of Detroit Mercy -
University of Michigan -
University of Minnesota -
Saint Louis University -
University of Missouri-Kansas City -
University of Nebraska -
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine -
Columbia University -
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center) -
NYU Langone Puerto Rico -
New York University -
Stony Brook University -
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York -
University of North Carolina -
Case Western Reserve University -
Ohio State University -
Oregon Health & Science University -
Albert Einstein Medical Center -
Temple University -
University of Pennsylvania -
University of Pittsburgh -
Medical University of South Carolina -
University of Tennessee Health Science Center -
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry -
University of Texas at Houston -
University of Texas at San Antonio -
Virginia Commonwealth University -
University of Washington -
West Virginia University -
Marquette University -
VA New York -

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when the cycle opens this year for Endo applications through ADEA PASS?

Has anyone took ADAT this year? How was the overall questions? I am going to take it in 2 weeks. Any advice?

Hello everyone! Good luck with the upcoming cycle. Hoping to see some of you at the AAE in Chicago this year.
Hi This is my first time,attending the conference. Can please share like what can I expect may3-may6 th.I paid the registration fee, do I have pay again on conference day to attend each seminars@AAE ? Appreciate your response Thankyou!

Reactions: 1 user
LINK to last year's thread
->
2023 ENDO THREAD

Hi This is my first time,attending the conference. Can please share like what can I expect may3-may6 th.I paid the registration fee, do I have pay again on conference day to attend each seminars@AAE ? Appreciate your response Thankyou!
Since you have paid the registration fee, you do not need to pay any additional fees. There are several hands-on CE courses available that you can enroll in by paying the required fees.
What you should do is attend the presentations that interest you, explore the vendors' booths, and meet and greet the current endodontics directors and residents. They have a schedule of each school's alumni reception, which you should consider attending and introducing yourself to the directors. I personally spoke with one director, expressed my interest in visiting the school, and the director welcomed me to visit. Later on, I received an interview invitation. You should try it too!

Refer to this schedule ;):

Last edited:
Since you have paid the registration fee, you do not need to pay any additional fees. There are several hands-on CE courses available that you can enroll in by paying the required fees.
What you should do is attend the presentations that interest you, explore the vendors' booths, and meet and greet the current endodontics directors and residents. They have a schedule of each school's alumni reception, which you should consider attending and introducing yourself to the directors. I personally spoke with one director, expressed my interest in visiting the school, and the director welcomed me to visit. Later on, I received an interview invitation. You should try it too!

Refer to this schedule ;):
Thank you for valuable inputs!
About registering hands on course , the day of conference or do we have option register and pay online now. Appericate your response.

Thank you for valuable inputs!
About registering hands on course , the day of conference or do we have option register and pay online now. Appericate your response.
You would typically sign up online when you were registering. I am not sure whether you can sign up on-site.

You would typically sign up online when you were registering. I am not sure whether you can sign up on-site.
The popular ones sell out ahead of time. If there are openings you can sign up on-site.

Anyone who needs ADAT knockout access, message me

Hi, if anyone recently has had experience with the endodontics residency application process, could you kindly answer the following questions?

1) if applying early is important, what would be the latest date that is still considered early enough to be competitive?

2) Is it possible to submit your application before having completed the INDBE (integrated national board exams) ? If so, how much time after submitting the application should you complete the board exams by?

3) if you submit board exam scores after applying, are you still able to receive interviews from endo residency programs before submitting the board scores?

4) what are the chances for someone straight out of dental school with cumulative 3.9 GPA, rank #5/110 first year, #18/110 second year, with extensive class leadership experience in dental school?

5) does research/ participation in AAE make a huge difference in the application?

6) how did previous applicants know endodontics was their passion?

Thanks so much in advance !

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone that is applying this cycle or applied past cycle have you been able sent out your transcripts and INDBE scores before the application open date? For Boards scores is it possible to send it out right now? I know for transcripts there's a mail address to send it to, is it a safe bet to send transcripts to that address right now and once applications open send another electronical copy?

Thanks!

Hi, if anyone recently has had experience with the endodontics residency application process, could you kindly answer the following questions?

1) if applying early is important, what would be the latest date that is still considered early enough to be competitive?

2) Is it possible to submit your application before having completed the INDBE (integrated national board exams) ? If so, how much time after submitting the application should you complete the board exams by?

3) if you submit board exam scores after applying, are you still able to receive interviews from endo residency programs before submitting the board scores?

4) what are the chances for someone straight out of dental school with cumulative 3.9 GPA, rank #5/110 first year, #18/110 second year, with extensive class leadership experience in dental school?

5) does research/ participation in AAE make a huge difference in the application?

1. Ideally before June 1. June 15 there’s still a chance. By June 30th most programs have sent invitations.
2. Not sure
3. Not sure but probably
4. Sounds possible but challenging. Depends on your current rank, not your best year. Your grades are good enough you're likely to get in with a few years experience
5. They can help, program dependent.
6. Years of practice for me, but figure it out for yourself, you’ll have to convincingly answer this a lot :)

For anyone that is applying this cycle or applied past cycle have you been able sent out your transcripts and INDBE scores before the application open date? For Boards scores is it possible to send it out right now? I know for transcripts there's a mail address to send it to, is it a safe bet to send transcripts to that address right now and once applications open send another electronical copy?

Thanks!

1. Ideally before June 1. June 15 there’s still a chance. By June 30th most programs have sent invitations.
2. Not sure
3. Not sure but probably
4. Sounds possible but challenging. Depends on your current rank, not your best year. Your grades are good enough you're likely to get in with a few years experience
5. They can help, program dependent.
6. Years of practice for me, but figure it out for yourself, you’ll have to convincingly answer this a lot :)
2&3
Some programs may require all application materials, including exam scores, to be submitted by a certain deadline, while others may allow for a bit more flexibility. It's best to check with each program individually to confirm their specific needs , My opinion it’s better to submit along with application

"Why endo?" will be the one question you will be asked at every interview. Do some soul searching and nail down your real personal answer. Please don't say "I just love relieving pain" (you can do this as a GP too!) and nothing else LOL literally every applicant says this.

Hi everyone. I’m a reapplicant this year. Last year when I applied it was the cycle AFTER graduating dental school while I was just starting my AEGD residency. Now that I’m reapplying and at the end of my residency, I’m not sure what needs to be updated since PASS has all my transcripts from my undergrad/pre doc education which hasn’t changed. The only thing I can think of is the pass/fail classes that I’ve had to take during residency will likely require a transcript but that’s not for a degree. Does anyone have any insight besides an updated CV to include my residency and perhaps a new personal statement? Thanks and good luck to all applicants!

Ahh I see this thread already alive and active!! Good luck this cycle! I’ll be at the meeting I have one more year left of residency!! I am presenting a table clinic so if you want to stop by I am table clinic #33! Thursday from 1-4

Reactions: 3 users
Ahh I see this thread already alive and active!! Good luck this cycle! I’ll be at the meeting I have one more year left of residency!! I am presenting a table clinic so if you want to stop by I am table clinic #33! Thursday from 1-4
I’m so envious of you guys. I was in residency from ‘19-‘21. Cancelled both meetings. Went to one before residency though. They are a lot of fun.

I’m so envious of you guys. I was in residency from ‘19-‘21. Cancelled both meetings. Went to one before residency though. They are a lot of fun.
You can always make time. You should attend the meeting in Los Angeles tho

I’ll try stop by!

1) There is no latest date, just apply as soon as it opens. In my opinion, within a week.

2) Yes you can, in general, submit your application even before evaluation and exams are available. Try to have the result within 2 weeks I'd say.

3) Depends. Worth trying. I'd submit my app and send an email to the PD mentioning that the result will be out soon.

4) Depends. and don't focus on the chances.. no one knows.

5) Depends on the program, but overall these things make you appear to be active.

6) Some of them knew that since dental school, and some of them after grad. So it really depends if you like the specialty and you see yourself doing endo forever or not. Also, ask yourself: are you going to regret being an endodontist?

Hi everyone. I’m a reapplicant this year. Last year when I applied it was the cycle AFTER graduating dental school while I was just starting my AEGD residency. Now that I’m reapplying and at the end of my residency, I’m not sure what needs to be updated since PASS has all my transcripts from my undergrad/pre doc education which hasn’t changed. The only thing I can think of is the pass/fail classes that I’ve had to take during residency will likely require a transcript but that’s not for a degree. Does anyone have any insight besides an updated CV to include my residency and perhaps a new personal statement? Thanks and good luck to all applicants!

I called The PASS and told me the recommendation letter needs to be new including Dean’s letter

Try to have more attractive CV and personal statement. Try to organize them and include the most important stuff.
Also, if applicable, get new higher TOEFL score and ADAT, try to include on your PASS application any new research or work experience, update that section is possible.. might help..
Good luck!

Any dental students going to AAE? What is there to do for dental students - networking, CE’s, etc.?

Hello, does anyone know if Canadian applicants have the same chance as US applicants in getting into residency programs? I graduated from US dental school but I'm a Canadian practicing in Canada
If you graduated from a US school then you should have the same chance as all the other US applicants

Reactions: 1 users
Can you start working on the ADEA application on the portal before May 10th and submit then?

Hello,

I will be applying this cycle and made an ADEA PASS account to look through what I will need to submit when it opens on May 10th.

I see under the "Supporting Information" section, there is a place to upload the CV under "Documents". However, there are also separate tabs for "Experiences" and "Achievements". Whatever I would put under these sections would already be on my CV. For previous applicants who have gotten into programs, did you report the same information under the "Experiences" and "Achievement" tabs that area already on your CV?

Thank you!

Hey guys I'm looking to apply this year and had a couple questions hopefully you all might have the answer to.

1. Does LOR have to come from faculty? I feel like i can get much better letters from colleagues that I have worked with

2. I know its competitive and I am wondering from a grade standpoint is a 3.75 (rank 24/120) good enough to be competitive?

Thanks!

Do DAT scores need to be officially submitted by the ADA for SLU, Indiana, and Tufts.. or can I email them to the endo program listed emails? Thanks

Is anyone else having trouble advancing past the first step of the application this morning? I click "Save & Continue" and nothing happens. Tried it on multiple browsers too.

The "Save & Continue" button on the reapplication page literally doesn't seem to link anywhere lol. The website is broken.

[Edit] This was if you started filling out the profile section of the app and wanted to continue. The ability for you to continue your application seems to be broken.

I just decided to start a new app instead. So heads up if anyone else is having the same trouble, just restart.

Last edited:
Is anyone else having trouble advancing past the first step of the application this morning? I click "Save & Continue" and nothing happens. Tried it on multiple browsers too.

The "Save & Continue" button on the reapplication page literally doesn't seem to link anywhere lol. The website is broken.

[Edit] This was if you started filling out the profile section of the app and wanted to continue. The ability for you to continue your application seems to be broken.

I just decided to start a new app instead. So heads up if anyone else is having the same trouble, just restart.
Are you able to add any programs? My portal looks like it still hasn't opened for the new cycle.

Do we have to submit our official NDBE sco res to the schools or PASS? I don't see a place for it anywhere on the application.

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but is there a list of programs that are more likely to accept new grads and a list that almost never accepts new grads? Thanks in advance!

Would you guys recommend submitting our applications before the Letter of Recommendations get in or wait till everything is complete and then submit?

Would you guys recommend submitting our applications before the Letter of Recommendations get in or wait till everything is complete and then submit?
Submit the application ASAP even before they submit LOR, but try to ask them to submit the letters ASAP too..

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but is there a list of programs that are more likely to accept new grads and a list that almost never accepts new grads? Thanks in advance!
No, there is no list. It varies every year. And it also depends on the new Program Director’s preferences.

My recommenders are telling me that the request they received is not asking for anything to be uploaded. They just have some drop down answers with an area for comments. Is this normal?

Yes, there is a series of questions and ranking that the recommender needs to answer. But there is also a box at the very end where a LOR can be copy pasted into. Only thing is that there is 3,600 character limit.

The images below is what one of my recommenders sent me last year of what their page looks like.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 2.08.48 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 2.08.48 PM.png
    85.9 KB · Views: 249
  • Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 2.08.42 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 2.08.42 PM.png
    72.9 KB · Views: 264
  • Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 2.08.36 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 2.08.36 PM.png
    69.9 KB · Views: 241
  • Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 2.08.29 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 2.08.29 PM.png
    66.8 KB · Views: 218
  • Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 2.08.22 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 2.08.22 PM.png
    133.3 KB · Views: 264
Submit the application ASAP even before they submit LOR, but try to ask them to submit the letters ASAP too..
Do you submit application without LOR first, and when you get LORs, click the Update Submittion bottom?

Just submitted my Marquette Application today. This is the only program I am applying to. My stats are GPA 3.812 and rank 24/130. I have been running a private office solo in Wisconsin since graduation. My husband is running a practice that has been in his family for 3 generations and we just cannot relocate. How crazy am I ?

Just submitted my Marquette Application today. This is the only program I am applying to. My stats are GPA 3.812 and rank 24/130. I have been running a private office solo in Wisconsin since graduation. My husband is running a practice that has been in his family for 3 generations and we just cannot relocate. How crazy am I ?
Do you know any of faculty at Marquette? If you know some people there, I would say you have a great shot. Otherwise, I would say your chances are as good as other candidates 🤷🏼‍♂️

For situations like this it helps to get to know the local faculty. If you’re not an awkward person try to get to know them and get on their good side. It may take a few years.

For those that submitted their apps to SLU and Tufts did you pay ADA to forward your DAT scores to them or did you just screenshot and send them to their respective admissions email?

For those who attended Canadian dental schools, do programs really require us to use the ECE transcript service? I figured that was only for non ADA-CODA certified institutions.

Can you submit the application before the LOR is entered?
Even if you submit without it first and update application after it is completed, is it valid?
Will the programs review your application without LORs?

How do you submit your ADAT score to ADEA PASS? I am on ADA Dentpin website but it only shows options for sending scores to each school.

Reactions: 1 users