You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*****Official PASS 2025 Endodontic Residency Interviews/Information***
Started by StarENDO1
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Here are all US programs:Anyone have a list of what he programs that do not participate in ADEA, especially the ones that are already open ?
Endodontic Programs & Requirements - American Association of Endodontists
Fastest way to find advanced specialty programs in endodontics. Search by state. Includes all accredited graduate programs in endodontics in U.S. and Canada
ADEA PASS® Program Finder
We are here to help, but you need to put some work in, I mean there are only 55 US programs total... 45 US programs participate.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Let’s go round two. Time to kick the tires and light the fires. Balls to the wall. [emoji1303][emoji2]
Best of luck. Round 3 for me. Do or dieLet’s go round two. Time to kick the tires and light the fires. Balls to the wall. [emoji1303][emoji2]
Let’s go round two. Time to kick the tires and light the fires. Balls to the wall. [emoji1303][emoji2]
Good to see you guys again 🙂)Best of luck. Round 3 for me. Do or die
Third time the charm rb19
I think most probably apply to 10-15 programs, but there are 55 programs in the US so the $$ can add up. Really depends on how much money you want to spend. Interviews for multiple schools can be on the same day and you can't participate in both. Hopefully you were able to visit some programs and got a feel via the residents and PD if you would be a good fit.I'm a first time applicant. How many schools you guys applying to? I got like 10 on my list.
Bro...with 2nd app fees that has to be close to $6k for the application alone.2nd time applying, applied to 6 programs last year, got one interview but no offers. Probably applying to 26 programs, I'm all in... I'm hoping to be able to turn down interviews as they mostly seem to interview those two weeks in July, not holding my breath though
Your advice has been helpful. Much appreciated!I think most probably apply to 10-15 programs, but there are 55 programs in the US so the $$ can add up. Really depends on how much money you want to spend. Interviews for multiple schools can be on the same day and you can't participate in both. Hopefully you were able to visit some programs and got a feel via the residents and PD if you would be a good fit.
I don't remember it being this expensive. But also... $6K or another year of missed specialist income?Bro...with 2nd app fees that has to be close to $6k for the application alone.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a 530 on the adat/ 3.8 gpa/ top 25% rank and got in last cycle. Second time applying with 5 interviewsI looked at the ADAT table. Is it true to be competitive for ENDO i have to shoot for 600+?
Last edited:
I scored 550 and got enough interviews, I'm pretty sure most schools don't care unless you do really badly on itI looked at the ADAT table. Is it true to be competitive for ENDO i have to shoot for 600+?
When is the best time to take the ADAT? or when is the latest that you guys recommend in taking ADAT and still be considered early applicant?
I would say mid April or early May? I might be very wrong???When is the best time to take the ADAT? or when is the latest that you guys recommend in taking ADAT and still be considered early applicant?
Theoretically, it is best to take it after you passed the boards since the memories are fresh.
These schools below require ADAT
Creighton University All Programs*
McGill University All Programs*
Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine Endodontics*
Columbia University College of Dental Medicine Endodontics *
New York University College of Dentistry Endodontics *
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine Endodontics *
Tufts University School of Dental Medicine Endodontics *
University of Alabama at Birmingham Endodontics*
University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry Endodontics*
University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Dentistry Endodontics *
University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Dentistry Endodontics*
University of Washington-Health Sciences School of Dentistry Endodontics *
Creighton University All Programs*
McGill University All Programs*
Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine Endodontics*
Columbia University College of Dental Medicine Endodontics *
New York University College of Dentistry Endodontics *
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine Endodontics *
Tufts University School of Dental Medicine Endodontics *
University of Alabama at Birmingham Endodontics*
University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry Endodontics*
University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Dentistry Endodontics *
University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Dentistry Endodontics*
University of Washington-Health Sciences School of Dentistry Endodontics *
Where's this information from? Not seeing anything on the UNMC and UMKC websites that say the ADAT is required.These schools below require ADAT
Creighton University All Programs*
McGill University All Programs*
Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine Endodontics*
Columbia University College of Dental Medicine Endodontics *
New York University College of Dentistry Endodontics *
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine Endodontics *
Tufts University School of Dental Medicine Endodontics *
University of Alabama at Birmingham Endodontics*
University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry Endodontics*
University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Dentistry Endodontics *
University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Dentistry Endodontics*
University of Washington-Health Sciences School of Dentistry Endodontics *
I'll probably do the same for number of schools. I currently have 2 functioning kidneys and really only need 1. So I figure I will sacrifice good ol' lefty for my applications.2nd time applying, applied to 6 programs last year, got one interview but no offers. Probably applying to 26 programs, I'm all in... I'm hoping to be able to turn down interviews as they mostly seem to interview those two weeks in July, not holding my breath though
From ADA:Where's this information from? Not seeing anything on the UNMC and UMKC websites that say the ADAT is required.
I'll probably do the same for number of schools. I currently have 2 functioning kidneys and really only need 1. So I figure I will sacrifice good ol' lefty for my applications.
Attachments
I would refer to the school website over other information. Sometimes it takes a minute to update. umkc used to require it but is optional now per their site. One could email or call to confirm.
Yeah, $6k is probably high, I’m guessing it’ll be about $4k. But that said, still cheap in all reality.I don't remember it being this expensive. But also... $6K or another year of missed specialist income?
Can we start on any part of the application before the cycle opens in May? I can login, but I'm assuming if I upload things, it would get erased once the cycle opens?
I tired that and didn’t let me, has to be completed once the cycle opens
If I’m not wrong, last year opened May 10th. I submitted my application about a week later due to letter of recommendations, but try to have the documents you can have, ready as soon as it opensWhen does the ADEA PASS open for us to start filling out our application, and what is the latest date I can submit my application and still be considered early applicant?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How do you guys go about finding programs strengths and characteristics? I have went on each of their websites and most of them have bare minimum details.
Best way is to contact residents and ask them
FunkmasterCone
Full Member
Is anyone familiar with the University of Kentucky's tuition / cost of attendance? I have not been able to find it on any websites.
Does anyone know if your undergraduate GPA play a factor when applying to endo residency? I know they ask for all undergraduate and graduate grades….. but how much weight is given to your undergraduate GPA when it come to interview/acceptance into the program? Thank you guys!
Probably not very important at most programs. I don't think having a poor or mediocre undergrad GPA will hurt your chances if you did well in dental school.
Depends on the program and if you went to a P/F dental schoolDoes anyone know if your undergraduate GPA play a factor when applying to endo residency? I know they ask for all undergraduate and graduate grades….. but how much weight is given to your undergraduate GPA when it come to interview/acceptance into the program? Thank you guys!
I'm trying to get my ducks in a row before the application opens. For the experiences section, any ideas on how many years ago to include for that? Last 4 years? 10 years? Include all the experiences I included when I applied to dental school?
I'm trying to get my ducks in a row before the application opens. For the experiences section, any ideas on how many years ago to include for that? Last 4 years? 10 years? Include all the experiences I included when I applied to dental school?
I feel like admissions committee just looks at the resume to save time reading the whole app and experience section. In general I would limit the experiences only from dental school onwards unless you have some really standout/cool experience prior. But In general you want to be selective with the experiences, keep your resume within 2 pages, and make it scream endo or you’re missing the point - Endo ce, endo shadowing, endo clubs, AAE involvement ect
Please use this template for the 2025 Endodontic Residency interviews. Good luck, everyone!
After you receive an interview, please bold the school and type in the interview dates in parentheses ( )
Ex) University of SDN - Invites sent (July 8th); interview (July 30th)
And when the Spots are filled, switch the color to Blue and type in "Spots filled"
Ex) University of SDN - Invites sent (July 8th); interview (July 30th) - Spots filled
University of Alabama at Birmingham -
Loma Linda University -
University of California at Los Angeles -
University of California at San Francisco -
University of Southern California -
University of the Pacific -
University of Connecticut -
Nova Southeastern University -
University of Florida -
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ) -
University of Illinois at Chicago -
Southern Illinois University -
Indiana University -
University of Iowa -
University of Louisville -
University of Kentucky -
Louisiana State University -
University of Maryland -
Boston University -
Harvard University -
Tufts University -
University of Detroit Mercy -
University of Michigan -
University of Minnesota -
Saint Louis University -
University of Missouri-Kansas City -
University of Nebraska -
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine -
Columbia University -
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center) -
NYU Langone Puerto Rico -
New York University -
Stony Brook University -
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York -
University of North Carolina -
Case Western Reserve University -
Ohio State University -
Oregon Health & Science University -
Albert Einstein Medical Center -
Temple University -
University of Pennsylvania -
University of Pittsburgh -
Medical University of South Carolina -
University of Tennessee Health Science Center -
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry -
University of Texas at Houston -
University of Texas at San Antonio -
Virginia Commonwealth University -
University of Washington -
West Virginia University -
Marquette University -
VA New York -
After you receive an interview, please bold the school and type in the interview dates in parentheses ( )
Ex) University of SDN - Invites sent (July 8th); interview (July 30th)
And when the Spots are filled, switch the color to Blue and type in "Spots filled"
Ex) University of SDN - Invites sent (July 8th); interview (July 30th) - Spots filled
University of Alabama at Birmingham -
Loma Linda University -
University of California at Los Angeles -
University of California at San Francisco -
University of Southern California -
University of the Pacific -
University of Connecticut -
Nova Southeastern University -
University of Florida -
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ) -
University of Illinois at Chicago -
Southern Illinois University -
Indiana University -
University of Iowa -
University of Louisville -
University of Kentucky -
Louisiana State University -
University of Maryland -
Boston University -
Harvard University -
Tufts University -
University of Detroit Mercy -
University of Michigan -
University of Minnesota -
Saint Louis University -
University of Missouri-Kansas City -
University of Nebraska -
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine -
Columbia University -
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center) -
NYU Langone Puerto Rico -
New York University -
Stony Brook University -
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York -
University of North Carolina -
Case Western Reserve University -
Ohio State University -
Oregon Health & Science University -
Albert Einstein Medical Center -
Temple University -
University of Pennsylvania -
University of Pittsburgh -
Medical University of South Carolina -
University of Tennessee Health Science Center -
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry -
University of Texas at Houston -
University of Texas at San Antonio -
Virginia Commonwealth University -
University of Washington -
West Virginia University -
Marquette University -
VA New York -
Looks like Houston @ San Antonio have same interview dates this year Friday July 12, 2024.
FunkmasterCone
Full Member
Was anyone else confused by what all NOVA requires? Looks like they want the PASS application but based on their website I'm not sure if they also want transcripts, test scores, and letters of rec to be sent directly to them
Was anyone else confused by what all NOVA requires? Looks like they want the PASS application but based on their website I'm not sure if they also want transcripts, test scores, and letters of rec to be sent directly to them
Clarification for anyone else applying to NSU!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why couldn’t they just get the documents from PASS?
From what I remember for applying there last year. Everything comes thru PASS. Then you have to set up an account and send it all again.Why couldn’t they just get the documents from PASS?
Has anyone had any luck logging into the PASS application yet? Maybe starting at 8am EST?
no luck here, been trying periodically for 64 minutes lolHas anyone had any luck logging into the PASS application yet? Maybe starting at 8am EST?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 842
- Views
- 266K
- Replies
- 77
- Views
- 17K
- Replies
- 161
- Views
- 55K
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 398K