You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*****Official PASS 2026 Endodontic Residency Interviews/Information***
Started by rb19
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
30 applications, 4 interviews, 1 acceptance. Best of luck!Wondering how many programs everyone is applying to? I cast a wide net...wondering just HOW wide it is, lol.
what does your profile look like if you don't mind asking? This is a lot of interviews! Congrats on your admission.30 applications, 4 interviews, 1 acceptance. Best of luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does anyone know if Texas A&M only pick from Texas residents? their supplemental application makes it sound like it and I dont want to waste my money if so lol
I applied to 9 programs.Wondering how many programs everyone is applying to? I cast a wide net...wondering just HOW wide it is, lol.
I know their dental school prefers texas residents but I don't think that is the case for endo. Their resident class is pretty diverse regionally.does anyone know if Texas A&M only pick from Texas residents? their supplemental application makes it sound like it and I dont want to waste my money if so lol
They do not. Very few programs function that way. It’s not like dental school.does anyone know if Texas A&M only pick from Texas residents? their supplemental application makes it sound like it and I dont want to waste my money if so lol
and which school are those that do if you dont mind me asking.They do not. Very few programs function that way. It’s not like dental school.
Sent from my SM-S906U using SDN Forums mobile app
Eh, can’t really generalize certain schools as “Homer” schools since they will switch it up year after year, but I’ve seen Florida admit a good number of Florida residents, same with Iowa and Tennessee. But everyone switches it up. If you are competitive you have a chance at any program as long as you stand out to the chair.and which school are those that do if you dont mind me asking.
Sent from my SM-S906U using SDN Forums mobile app
Eh, can’t really generalize certain schools as “Homer” schools since they will switch it up year after year, but I’ve seen Florida admit a good number of Florida residents, same with Iowa and Tennessee. But everyone switches it up. If you are competitive you have a chance at any program as long as you stand out to the chair.
- Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine I heard takes mostly alumni, but I could be wrong. Not a lot of information.
Newer program but half the class 2 years ago were out of state.
- Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine I heard takes mostly alumni, but I could be wrong. Not a lot of information.
Programs don't really have a preference. Some schools may look like they have in state preference but it's also just the nature of the process. Dental students and residents have way more opportunity to network and in that department than someone who doesn't go there. So the PD and faculty know those people more than someone they interview for a day
I applied to 10 schools, 2 interviews, 1 acceptance. Good luck this cycle!!Wondering how many programs everyone is applying to? I cast a wide net...wondering just HOW wide it is, lol.
I waited, but I know some people submit before they got themHi guys, quick question for ya,
Should I wait for all my recommendations to show "Completed" status before submitting, or would you recommend submitting regardless?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
aggressivetree14
Full Member
I graduated a while ago. I applied last year. ADEA still has my official dental school transcript. Do I need to request a new one, or will programs be like "Oh this person graduated in 20__ and so obviously a transcript from 2024 will show no difference"?
Also, are they still requesting NBDE scores or not anymore? TIA!
Also, are they still requesting NBDE scores or not anymore? TIA!
If your transcript is shown as “arrived” you’re all good. No need to get a new one. You may have to send NBDE scores again, if they were not uploaded/saved as a re-applicant.I graduated a while ago. I applied last year. ADEA still has my official dental school transcript. Do I need to request a new one, or will programs be like "Oh this person graduated in 20__ and so obviously a transcript from 2024 will show no difference"?
Also, are they still requesting NBDE scores or not anymore? TIA!
toothlover100
Full Member
Hi! Can I ask what the pro vs cons would be to submit your application if you’re still waiting on an LOR? Unfortunately sometime they take a little longer and everything else is ready to submit.
I’d just submit and get everything else processed and just keep reminding the person to submit the LOR. The programs can actually view your application once it is submitted. Some may wait until everything is completely on whereas others may start deciding who they want to interview if the rest of the app is great.Hi! Can I ask what the pro vs cons would be to submit your application if you’re still waiting on an LOR? Unfortunately sometime they take a little longer and everything else is ready to submit.
Don’t panic — no programs have sent out interview invitations yet.
I’m just posting the programs that have publicly released their interview dates (via the ADEA PASS Program Finder or their official websites). These programs are not bolded yet.
Once we (hopefully including me!) start receiving invites, we’ll update the list by:
This way we can all track things easily and consistently. Good luck everyone — let’s keep each other updated!
University of Alabama at Birmingham –
Loma Linda University –
University of California at Los Angeles –
University of California at San Francisco –
University of Southern California –
University of the Pacific –
University of Connecticut –
Nova Southeastern University –
University of Florida –
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ) –
University of Illinois at Chicago –
Southern Illinois University –
Indiana University –
University of Iowa – Waiting invites (?); Interview (July 10 & 11)
University of Louisville – Waiting invites (?); Interview (July 11)
University of Kentucky –
Louisiana State University – Waiting invites (?); Interview (July 11)
University of Maryland –
Boston University –
Harvard University –
Tufts University –
University of Detroit Mercy –
University of Michigan –
University of Minnesota – Waiting invites (?); Interview (July 8 & 9)
Saint Louis University –
University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC) – Waiting invites (?); Interview (July 9)
University of Nebraska –
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine –
Columbia University –
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center) –
NYU Langone Puerto Rico –
New York University –
Stony Brook University –
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York –
University of North Carolina –
Case Western Reserve University –
Ohio State University –
Oregon Health & Science University –
Albert Einstein Medical Center – Waiting invites (?); Interview (June 24)
Temple University –
University of Pennsylvania –
University of Pittsburgh –
Medical University of South Carolina –
University of Tennessee Health Science Center –
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry –
University of Texas at Houston –
University of Texas at San Antonio – Waiting invites (?); Interview (June 20)
Virginia Commonwealth University –
University of Washington – Waiting invites (?); Interview (July 8 & 10)
West Virginia University –
Marquette University –
VA New York –
I’m just posting the programs that have publicly released their interview dates (via the ADEA PASS Program Finder or their official websites). These programs are not bolded yet.
Once we (hopefully including me!) start receiving invites, we’ll update the list by:
- Bolding the program name
- Adding the invite date in parentheses next to “Invites sent”
- Leaving the interview date(s) as posted unless they change
This way we can all track things easily and consistently. Good luck everyone — let’s keep each other updated!
University of Alabama at Birmingham –
Loma Linda University –
University of California at Los Angeles –
University of California at San Francisco –
University of Southern California –
University of the Pacific –
University of Connecticut –
Nova Southeastern University –
University of Florida –
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ) –
University of Illinois at Chicago –
Southern Illinois University –
Indiana University –
University of Iowa – Waiting invites (?); Interview (July 10 & 11)
University of Louisville – Waiting invites (?); Interview (July 11)
University of Kentucky –
Louisiana State University – Waiting invites (?); Interview (July 11)
University of Maryland –
Boston University –
Harvard University –
Tufts University –
University of Detroit Mercy –
University of Michigan –
University of Minnesota – Waiting invites (?); Interview (July 8 & 9)
Saint Louis University –
University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC) – Waiting invites (?); Interview (July 9)
University of Nebraska –
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine –
Columbia University –
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center) –
NYU Langone Puerto Rico –
New York University –
Stony Brook University –
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York –
University of North Carolina –
Case Western Reserve University –
Ohio State University –
Oregon Health & Science University –
Albert Einstein Medical Center – Waiting invites (?); Interview (June 24)
Temple University –
University of Pennsylvania –
University of Pittsburgh –
Medical University of South Carolina –
University of Tennessee Health Science Center –
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry –
University of Texas at Houston –
University of Texas at San Antonio – Waiting invites (?); Interview (June 20)
Virginia Commonwealth University –
University of Washington – Waiting invites (?); Interview (July 8 & 10)
West Virginia University –
Marquette University –
VA New York –
Aditya.marwaha
New Member
I've waited for a week for my IEF. At this point, I've submitted my application. fingers crossed.
You can find most of these information online.. but LSU is very cheap and Indiana is pretty expensiveGood luck everyone.
I would like to know what are some cheap programs to study in as an International candidate compared to others?
UAB, WVU I know are the cheapest so far.
Do you guys have any idea about VCU, LSU, and Indiana?
Nope… you will be too late in the cycleNeed a quick advice!
If I am planning on taking the ADAT this august, should I bother applying to schools that require the ADAT this cycle??
I feel a lot of programs pick their class in July and I do not think they would "Wait" to see score..any thoughts?
Thank you very muchYou can find most of these information online.. but LSU is very cheap and Indiana is pretty expensive
D
deleted952688
Anyone got a link from NYU regarding fee application after PASS submission???
The only thing that may affect you (and at the point you are now, I don't think it will be an issue) is your GPA. Most schools require 3.5 or higher, but as I said, you have plenty of experience and background to compensate for the GPA. IMO I wouldn't even bother taking the ADATGood luck everyone, I used to be a regular on these forums, applied to endo right out of school and reapplying next year. Will be watching this cycle closely
I would appreciate any feedback on my chances when I apply next year:
Just wondering if any of the things I listed matter
- Private practice GP of fours years at time of application
- rank 53/110 GPA 3.3
- ADAT TBD (taking it this year)
- President of Endo club
- Published first author Endo research (Journal of applied sciences) 2023
- AAE member since 2018 (First year of dental school)
- AAE student the year award for my school 2022
- Executive member of student research group on campus
- Researcher of the year 2020/2021 for my school
- 1st place winner research oral presentation of the year 2021 at my school
- 3rd place winner student research competition 2020 at my school
- 7+ shadowing experiences
- LOR from multiple endodontists including school endo instructor
- Kinda sorta know Steven Katz the president of the AAE, have spoken to him a couple times and he knows me (not sure if this matters at all)
My PD would read every single application. I couldn't believe it, as I would gravitate to certain aspects of an application when reviewing. He would filter 200-300 applications to 40 and then have other faculty review them. We would then vote for the select 15 or so applicants. Sure, nepotism is a thing in all specialties, but the reality, as I'm sure most of you know, is that there are hundreds of competitive applicants, and the process is rough. Let's keep the spirits high, be excited, and save the "Debbie Downer" remarks until after August.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think you need at least 3 before submitting and the rest can be added laterCan I submit my application prior to a couple LOR sent in? Thanks!
D
deleted952688
Thanks for this !!My PD would read every single application. I couldn't believe it, as I would gravitate to certain aspects of an application when reviewing. He would filter 200-300 applications to 40 and then have other faculty review them. We would then vote for the select 15 or so applicants. Sure, nepotism is a thing in all specialties, but the reality, as I'm sure most of you know, is that there are hundreds of competitive applicants, and the process is rough. Let's keep the spirits high, be excited, and save the "Debbie Downer" remarks until after August.
toothlover100
Full Member
Where did you see this? I didn’t see this on the ADEA PASS page?Rutgers says it requires official undergraduate transcripts sent to PASS. How do I get the schools “unique transcript barcode ID”? I can only get it generated on the pass website for my dental school. Thank you
It says on both their website and the adeapass information page. Transcript evaluation page. “Where did you see this? I didn’t see this on the ADEA PASS page?
Transcript Evaluation and Instructions
Official transcript copies of all undergraduate and graduate programs attended are required via the ADEA PASS application.”toothlover100
Full Member
Ooo interesting. I thought they only required the unofficial transcripts uploaded onto ADEA PASS under the “additional documents”.It says on both their website and the adeapass information page. Transcript evaluation page. “
Transcript Evaluation and Instructions
Official transcript copies of all undergraduate and graduate programs attended are required via the ADEA PASS application.”
So does this mean they want the transcripts sent directly from the institution?
D
deleted1210826
There’s been several residents who mention that their PD reads all of the applications for fairness. So there’s some encouragement there. I don’t necessarily blame the PD for selecting based off of the faintest connection —even if the candidate came from the same school, location, knows a mutual person, or happened to share the same hobby idk. The program reads hundreds of apps, obviously you’re gonna choose someone you can relate to.Curious how schools will go over 300 applications in 2 weeks to pick 30 candidates! I asked couple faculties different schools but not endodontics program. They confirmed: they never go through all applications…they just go over the one that has connections.
It makes sense why very competitive applicant never got accepted yet!
My tip would be — if you wanted to go to a program, you should make a connection or contact SOMEHOW.
You can upload an official transcript under “unofficial transcript.” ADEA PASS does not take official transcripts from undergraduate schools. Email their program to confirm.It says on both their website and the adeapass information page. Transcript evaluation page. “
Transcript Evaluation and Instructions
Official transcript copies of all undergraduate and graduate programs attended are required via the ADEA PASS application.”
toothlover100
Full Member
Yeah that’s what I did, but I’m concerned now whether that’s enough because they’re not “official” copies like the program requires. I may just email to ask specifically what they require!There’s been several residents who mention that their PD reads all of the applications for fairness. So there’s some encouragement there. I don’t necessarily blame the PD for selecting based off of the faintest connection —even if the candidate came from the same school, location, knows a mutual person, or happened to share the same hobby idk. The program reads hundreds of apps, obviously you’re gonna choose someone you can relate to.
My tip would be — if you wanted to go to a program, you should make a connection or contact SOMEHOW.
You can upload an official transcript under “unofficial transcript.” ADEA PASS does not take official transcripts from undergraduate schools. Email their program to confirm.
University of Alabama at Birmingham –
Loma Linda University –
University of California at Los Angeles –
University of California at San Francisco –
University of Southern California –
University of the Pacific –
University of Connecticut –
Nova Southeastern University –
University of Florida –
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ) – invite sent (5/20); interview (7/7)
University of Illinois at Chicago –
Southern Illinois University –
Indiana University –
University of Iowa – Waiting invites (?); Interview (July 10 & 11)
University of Louisville – Waiting invites (?); Interview (July 11)
University of Kentucky –
Louisiana State University – Waiting invites (?); Interview (July 11)
University of Maryland –
Boston University –
Harvard University –
Tufts University –
University of Detroit Mercy –
University of Michigan –
University of Minnesota – Waiting invites (?); Interview (July 8 & 9)
Saint Louis University –
University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC) – Waiting invites (?); Interview (July 9)
University of Nebraska –
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine –
Columbia University –
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center) –
NYU Langone Puerto Rico –
New York University –
Stony Brook University –
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York –
University of North Carolina –
Case Western Reserve University –
Ohio State University –
Oregon Health & Science University –
Albert Einstein Medical Center – Waiting invites (?); Interview (June 24)
Temple University –
University of Pennsylvania –
University of Pittsburgh –
Medical University of South Carolina –
University of Tennessee Health Science Center –
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry –
University of Texas at Houston –
University of Texas at San Antonio – Waiting invites (?); Interview (June 20)
Virginia Commonwealth University –
University of Washington – Waiting invites (?); Interview (July 8 & 10)
West Virginia University –
Marquette University –
VA New York –
Loma Linda University –
University of California at Los Angeles –
University of California at San Francisco –
University of Southern California –
University of the Pacific –
University of Connecticut –
Nova Southeastern University –
University of Florida –
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ) – invite sent (5/20); interview (7/7)
University of Illinois at Chicago –
Southern Illinois University –
Indiana University –
University of Iowa – Waiting invites (?); Interview (July 10 & 11)
University of Louisville – Waiting invites (?); Interview (July 11)
University of Kentucky –
Louisiana State University – Waiting invites (?); Interview (July 11)
University of Maryland –
Boston University –
Harvard University –
Tufts University –
University of Detroit Mercy –
University of Michigan –
University of Minnesota – Waiting invites (?); Interview (July 8 & 9)
Saint Louis University –
University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC) – Waiting invites (?); Interview (July 9)
University of Nebraska –
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine –
Columbia University –
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center) –
NYU Langone Puerto Rico –
New York University –
Stony Brook University –
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York –
University of North Carolina –
Case Western Reserve University –
Ohio State University –
Oregon Health & Science University –
Albert Einstein Medical Center – Waiting invites (?); Interview (June 24)
Temple University –
University of Pennsylvania –
University of Pittsburgh –
Medical University of South Carolina –
University of Tennessee Health Science Center –
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry –
University of Texas at Houston –
University of Texas at San Antonio – Waiting invites (?); Interview (June 20)
Virginia Commonwealth University –
University of Washington – Waiting invites (?); Interview (July 8 & 10)
West Virginia University –
Marquette University –
VA New York –
Is the "Experiences" section on PASS for those experiences not listed on your CV, or should you include everything there?
University of Alabama at Birmingham –
Loma Linda University –
University of California at Los Angeles –
University of California at San Francisco –
University of Southern California –
University of the Pacific –
University of Connecticut –
Nova Southeastern University –
University of Florida –
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ) – invite sent (5/20); interview (7/7)
University of Illinois at Chicago –
Southern Illinois University –
Indiana University –
University of Iowa – Waiting invites (?); Interview (July 10 & 11)
University of Louisville – Waiting invites (?); Interview (July 11)
University of Kentucky –
Louisiana State University – Waiting invites (?); Interview (July 11)
University of Maryland –
Boston University –
Harvard University –
Tufts University –
University of Detroit Mercy –
University of Michigan –
University of Minnesota – Waiting invites (?); Interview (July 8 & 9)
Saint Louis University –
University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC) – Waiting invites (?); Interview (July 9)
University of Nebraska –
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine –
Columbia University –
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center) –
NYU Langone Puerto Rico –
New York University –
Stony Brook University –
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York –
University of North Carolina –
Case Western Reserve University –
Ohio State University –
Oregon Health & Science University –
Albert Einstein Medical Center – Waiting invites (?); Interview (June 24)
Temple University –
University of Pennsylvania –
University of Pittsburgh –
Medical University of South Carolina –
University of Tennessee Health Science Center –
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry –
University of Texas at Houston –
University of Texas at San Antonio – Waiting invites (?); Interview (June 20)
Virginia Commonwealth University –
University of Washington – Waiting invites (?); Interview (July 8 & 10)
West Virginia University –
Marquette University –
VA New York –
that was quick lol
That’s crazy. It was barely a week after apps opened. Based on this, it seems like they already had an idea of who they wanted. Why even waste people’s time and moneyUniversity of Alabama at Birmingham –
Loma Linda University –
University of California at Los Angeles –
University of California at San Francisco –
University of Southern California –
University of the Pacific –
University of Connecticut –
Nova Southeastern University –
University of Florida –
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ) – invite sent (5/20); interview (7/7)
University of Illinois at Chicago –
Southern Illinois University –
Indiana University –
University of Iowa – Waiting invites (?); Interview (July 10 & 11)
University of Louisville – Waiting invites (?); Interview (July 11)
University of Kentucky –
Louisiana State University – Waiting invites (?); Interview (July 11)
University of Maryland –
Boston University –
Harvard University –
Tufts University –
University of Detroit Mercy –
University of Michigan –
University of Minnesota – Waiting invites (?); Interview (July 8 & 9)
Saint Louis University –
University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC) – Waiting invites (?); Interview (July 9)
University of Nebraska –
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine –
Columbia University –
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center) –
NYU Langone Puerto Rico –
New York University –
Stony Brook University –
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York –
University of North Carolina –
Case Western Reserve University –
Ohio State University –
Oregon Health & Science University –
Albert Einstein Medical Center – Waiting invites (?); Interview (June 24)
Temple University –
University of Pennsylvania –
University of Pittsburgh –
Medical University of South Carolina –
University of Tennessee Health Science Center –
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry –
University of Texas at Houston –
University of Texas at San Antonio – Waiting invites (?); Interview (June 20)
Virginia Commonwealth University –
University of Washington – Waiting invites (?); Interview (July 8 & 10)
West Virginia University –
Marquette University –
VA New York –
Last edited:
Houston sent out an invite on May 17 last year so I’m not sure why we’re surprised about this. I highly doubt they’re one and done. Things seem to happen more quickly every cycle.That’s crazy. It was barely a week after apps opened. Based on this, it seems like they already had an idea of who they wanted. Why even waste people’s time and money
I’m more surprised to see two programs that have already announced interview dates in june.
Anyone heard from Houston yet since they were so early last year?Houston sent out an invite on May 17 last year so I’m not sure why we’re surprised about this. I highly doubt they’re one and done. Things seem to happen more quickly every cycle.
I’m more surprised to see two programs that have already announced interview dates in june.
Also wondering this since that seems like the entire purpose of the CV inclusion. Is everyone just duplicating in the experiences/achievements section?Is the "Experiences" section on PASS for those experiences not listed on your CV, or should you include everything there?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Weird question, but let's say I request 5 people to write me LORs, and 4 of them have submitted. In the situation of all other stuff (e.g. Institution letter, transcripts, and so on) were ready, does my application consider as "complete" as I have 4 letter of LOR already or will count as incomplete cause I requested 5 people writing me LORs and one more LOR is pending to be submitted?
Most likely it would be considered as complete as it had all the basic requirements. Doesn't it show in the check status section as complete yet?Weird question, but let's say I request 5 people to write me LORs, and 4 of them have submitted. In the situation of all other stuff (e.g. Institution letter, transcripts, and so on) were ready, does my application consider as "complete" as I have 4 letter of LOR already or will count as incomplete cause I requested 5 people writing me LORs and one more LOR is pending to be submitted?
So it showed in green like "Requested > Accepted 4 of 5 > Completed 4 of 5" in which I am so confused.Most likely it would be considered as complete as it had all the basic requirements. Doesn't it show in the check status section as complete yet?
SDN users tend to keep things anonymous for a reason. Please respect that.Thanks Patrick !
what does it say on the status next to each schools you applied to? if it says complete then I think you are good.So it showed in green like "Requested > Accepted 4 of 5 > Completed 4 of 5" in which I am so confused.
Sent from my SM-S906U using SDN Forums mobile app
Similar threads
- Replies
- 842
- Views
- 266K
- Replies
- 77
- Views
- 17K
- Replies
- 161
- Views
- 55K
- Replies
- 87
- Views
- 29K