You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*****Official PASS 2026 Endodontic Residency Interviews/Information***
Started by rb19
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I scored 520 ADAT in 2018. I didn’t study a lot for it. Took my NBDE I and II in 2013. Graduated in 2017. NOW I don’t have time to study for it unless I take 3 months off. I am planning to switch work in july this year. It will be too late for this endo cycle application but it might help for the coming cycle if i decided to keep applying. How much ADAT is important with GPA 3.6. How much ADAT is going to play for the coming cycles?? I want to hear opinions from endo residents.I took the test in 2019 and scored 550 (don't recommend taking it 5 years out). No one ever said that was a bad score. 570 is a good score. I know folks who were accepted with scores in the 4s. It is completely situational with each program. I used to think it was a "box to check," but now I would strive for every edge you can get. I would probably apply and only retake if you receive feedback, especially about it. Hope that helps!
I applied 3 times with 5 interviews total before…
It will allow you to apply to ADAT exclusive programs. Less candidates and statistically better chance at acceptance.I scored 520 ADAT in 2018. I didn’t study a lot for it. Took my NBDE I and II in 2013. Graduated in 2017. NOW I don’t have time to study for it unless I take 3 months off. I am planning to switch work in july this year. It will be too late for this endo cycle application but it might help for the coming cycle if i decided to keep applying. How much ADAT is important with GPA 3.6. How much ADAT is going to play for the coming cycles?? I want to hear opinions from endo residents.
I applied 3 times with 5 interviews total before…
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
[email protected]A group of future endo residents and I are doing a virtual Q&A session on Google Meet for applying to endo residency if anyone wants to join. Please just DM me with your email, and I will send an invite.
dental_education
New Member
For anyone currently looking at Endodontic residency programs, applications have just opened for a new dental residency program starting this cycle in July 2026. This program has no tuition and include a $40,000 stipend. The application deadline is March 1st and will enroll up to 5 residents. I’m attaching the application portal and program flyer below for anyone who wants more information.
email: [email protected]
Website
Application Link
email: [email protected]
Website
Application Link
Attachments
Last edited:
toothlover100
Full Member
Is this a new Endo residency? Is it CODA accreditedFor anyone currently looking at Endodontic residency programs, applications have just opened for four new dental residency program starting this cycle in July 2026. This program has no tuition and include a $40,000 stipend. The application deadline is March 1st and will enroll up to 5 residents. I’m attaching the application portal and program flyer below for anyone who wants more information.
email: [email protected]
Website
Application Link
Is this going to be the Georgia School of Ortho but for Endo? Minus the tuition + stipend?For anyone currently looking at Endodontic residency programs, applications have just opened for four new dental residency program starting this cycle in July 2026. This program has no tuition and include a $40,000 stipend. The application deadline is March 1st and will enroll up to 5 residents. I’m attaching the application portal and program flyer below for anyone who wants more information.
email: [email protected]
Website
Application Link
So, every program they have is zero tuition and $40K... website looks cheap and the only way to contact them is via email. Also no faculty listed. Lots of red flags
periodentist2
New Member
So
It's not CODA approved.
Is this a new Endo residency? Is it CODA accredited
It's not CODA approved.
It says "potentially approved" in February 😂So
It's not CODA approved.
Are there any schools that are notoriously selective for military background only
Not exclusively selective but consider Georgia, UWashignton, Minnesota, and Maryland as of a few years ago. Looking at the PD and seeing if they were prior helps.Are there any schools that are notoriously selective for military background only
"Notorious"? lolAre there any schools that are notoriously selective for military background only
A military background automatically comes with leadership and 3-5 years minimum clinical experience, isn't that what programs look for?
And their reference letters are from their superiors who supervised their work for a long time, not from a weekend course or an endodontist they shadowed for a few days
thetoothhurts93
Full Member
I was recently told by a candidate who applied this past cycle (2025) that a lot more schools were requiring the ADAT than were on the list provided by the ADA. Can anyone confirm that was their experience?
I see I ruffled some feathers, may be notorious wasn't the right word, just meant "known for""Notorious"? lol
A military background automatically comes with leadership and 3-5 years minimum clinical experience, isn't that what programs look for?
And their reference letters are from their superiors who supervised their work for a long time, not from a weekend course or an endodontist they shadowed for a few days
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1213619
That list from ADA is not accurate. I don't know what cycle year that was from. The most accurate way to figure out which programs require ADAT is to look directly on the ADEA program finder, and some programs won't update their requirements until Feb/March. UDM and Pittsburgh started requiring ADAT last year, but they weren't on that list.I was recently told by a candidate who applied this past cycle (2025) that a lot more schools were requiring the ADAT than were on the list provided by the ADA. Can anyone confirm that was their experience?
For programs that explicitly state their selection factors in order of importance i.e Nebraska, UCSF, UCLA does that strongly indicate if lacking in high GPA/AEGD or GPR exp/Research those programs are very low yield? I'm trying to save some money on applications 😀
Nebraska
Selection is based on GPA, NBDE scores, Professional Evaluation Form (PEF), personal essay, class rank, and interviews. Strong consideration is given to applicants committed to hospital-based dentistry and aligned with program goals.
Nebraska
Selection Factors
Applications for the program are evaluated on the basis of the following factors (listed in order):- GPA
- Completed/currently in Advanced General Dentistry Programs/General Practice Residency Programs
- Research activities and publication
- Recommendations and interest in endodontics
- Academic/teaching interest
- Private practice experience
Selection is based on GPA, NBDE scores, Professional Evaluation Form (PEF), personal essay, class rank, and interviews. Strong consideration is given to applicants committed to hospital-based dentistry and aligned with program goals.
Ranked 11th out of 90I feel like it would be helpful to hear from those who received offers this year and what their stats were such as class rank, grad year, ADAT, AEGD/GPR, programs applied to and interviews received.
Graduated in 2020
No ADAT
GPR
6 interviews
Applied to 15
I HOPE THAT ENDODONTIC WILL NOT BECOME LIKE ORTHODONTIC. DO YOU THINK THE AAE WILL ALLOW MORE PROGRAMS TO OPEN LIKE ORTHO?For anyone currently looking at Endodontic residency programs, applications have just opened for a new dental residency program starting this cycle in July 2026. This program has no tuition and include a $40,000 stipend. The application deadline is March 1st and will enroll up to 5 residents. I’m attaching the application portal and program flyer below for anyone who wants more information.
email: [email protected]
Website
Application Link
Endodontic Programs & Requirements - American Association of Endodontists
Fastest way to find advanced specialty programs in endodontics. Search by state. Includes all accredited graduate programs in endodontics in U.S. and Canada
thetoothhurts93
Full Member
I believe they are in the midst of getting CODA accredited. So maybe that’s why they’re not recognizedAccording to the AAE, that program is not legit or even real?Endodontic Programs & Requirements - American Association of Endodontists
Fastest way to find advanced specialty programs in endodontics. Search by state. Includes all accredited graduate programs in endodontics in U.S. and Canadawww.aae.org
Perioholics
New Member
I was told sometime next weekHas anyone heard back from CWRU/know when to expect word?
Toothenthusiast.
New Member
Hi! I’m a dental student planning to apply to an endodontics residency and would appreciate advice on choosing between two research opportunities. My goal is to select the option that would best strengthen my residency application.
Option 1:An immunology project focused on immune regulation of developmental programs and how gestational perturbations such as maternal stress impact fetal teeth development. This would be in a large lab led by a well-known PhD assistant professor. There is a possibility of publication, but it is not guaranteed.
Option 2:A dental-focused project on biomaterials, specifically evaluating restorative materials, their mechanical properties, and potential future applications. This would be in a smaller lab with a less well-known mentor and is unlikely to result in publication.
Which option do you think would be more advantageous, and why?Thank you for your help!
Option 1:An immunology project focused on immune regulation of developmental programs and how gestational perturbations such as maternal stress impact fetal teeth development. This would be in a large lab led by a well-known PhD assistant professor. There is a possibility of publication, but it is not guaranteed.
Option 2:A dental-focused project on biomaterials, specifically evaluating restorative materials, their mechanical properties, and potential future applications. This would be in a smaller lab with a less well-known mentor and is unlikely to result in publication.
Which option do you think would be more advantageous, and why?Thank you for your help!
I am planning to apply this upcoming cycle for endo programs (2027). I am an IDP graduate (DDS advanced standing) with 4.0 gpa and #1 rank and 4.5 work experience, Do I need to take the ADAT? I have a very busy work schedule and I want to save money and time, do you think it would add anything if I have good academic record? And if I'm not specifically targeting schools that require it. Like what would be my chances if I don't take it. Thank you for any responseA new application cycle is approaching- time to dust off those CVs, triple-check those personal statements, and brace ourselves for the ride. Best of luck to everyone... may your Wi-Fi be strong, your emails be swift, and your letters be glowing.
You don't have to do anything, but I think it would be foolish. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't advanced standing only rank with other advanced standing at your school? I would do as much as you can. ADAT allows you to apply to programs that require it but doesn't mean that it couldn't boost your chances at a program where it is considered optional.I am planning to apply this upcoming cycle for endo programs (2027). I am an IDP graduate (DDS advanced standing) with 4.0 gpa and #1 rank and 4.5 work experience, Do I need to take the ADAT? I have a very busy work schedule and I want to save money and time, do you think it would add anything if I have good academic record? And if I'm not specifically targeting schools that require it. Like what would be my chances if I don't take it. Thank you for any response
curious what your fellow prince thinks? @princeafrica
what is good gpr programs in NY??????
Do what you like and have a good time doing it.Hi! I’m a dental student planning to apply to an endodontics residency and would appreciate advice on choosing between two research opportunities. My goal is to select the option that would best strengthen my residency application.
Option 1:An immunology project focused on immune regulation of developmental programs and how gestational perturbations such as maternal stress impact fetal teeth development. This would be in a large lab led by a well-known PhD assistant professor. There is a possibility of publication, but it is not guaranteed.
Option 2:A dental-focused project on biomaterials, specifically evaluating restorative materials, their mechanical properties, and potential future applications. This would be in a smaller lab with a less well-known mentor and is unlikely to result in publication.
Which option do you think would be more advantageous, and why?Thank you for your help!
As a endo director once said to me "research is research".
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AgreeYou don't have to do anything, but I think it would be foolish. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't advanced standing only rank with other advanced standing at your school? I would do as much as you can. ADAT allows you to apply to programs that require it but doesn't mean that it couldn't boost your chances at a program where it is considered optional.
curious what your fellow prince thinks? @princeafrica
Has the program been granted initial accreditation?For anyone currently looking at Endodontic residency programs, applications have just opened for a new dental residency program starting this cycle in July 2026. This program has no tuition and include a $40,000 stipend. The application deadline is March 1st and will enroll up to 5 residents. I’m attaching the application portal and program flyer below for anyone who wants more information.
email: [email protected]
Website
Application Link
endowhisperer
New Member
Best of luck for this cycle everyone. some of the tips that helped me on my journey:
- Get your application to be unique and eye catching. stay away from repetitive and predictable formats.
- Notify your references and send them reminders.
- Read program requirements carefully and prepare before the cycle opens and try to reduce your enquiry emails to the programs during applications period as they are very busy and you will lose time waiting for their response.
- Attend the AAE. although to a lot this might be very debatable but it was a gain for me on so many different levels.
- Apply early. Try within the first week of PASS opening.
- Apply broad. Even one school application at the last minute might change your whole life and that is what happened to me.
- Get your application to be unique and eye catching. stay away from repetitive and predictable formats.
- Notify your references and send them reminders.
- Read program requirements carefully and prepare before the cycle opens and try to reduce your enquiry emails to the programs during applications period as they are very busy and you will lose time waiting for their response.
- Attend the AAE. although to a lot this might be very debatable but it was a gain for me on so many different levels.
- Apply early. Try within the first week of PASS opening.
- Apply broad. Even one school application at the last minute might change your whole life and that is what happened to me.
Thank you for your insightBest of luck for this cycle everyone. some of the tips that helped me on my journey:
- Get your application to be unique and eye catching. stay away from repetitive and predictable formats.
- Notify your references and send them reminders.
- Read program requirements carefully and prepare before the cycle opens and try to reduce your enquiry emails to the programs during applications period as they are very busy and you will lose time waiting for their response.
- Attend the AAE. although to a lot this might be very debatable but it was a gain for me on so many different levels.
- Apply early. Try within the first week of PASS opening.
- Apply broad. Even one school application at the last minute might change your whole life and that is what happened to me.
College Avenue is Great!!!Do any residents have recommendations on private loans? Some of the companies I tried to pre-qualify with denied me because of my anticipated debt-to-income ratio while in residency.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 845
- Views
- 267K
- Replies
- 77
- Views
- 17K
- Replies
- 187
- Views
- 67K
- Replies
- 87
- Views
- 30K