Official, Pre-Allo NOT ACCEPTED YET 2017 applicant thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thats only my SDN friends. :laugh: All my undergrad friends are either in the Caribbean or have switched career tracks :oops:
Why not apply a second time? What about DO?

Members don't see this ad.

Ok well all of my personal friends who have applied this cycle are all accepted and have been since October and I'm just so happy for them... :bullcrap: no jk they're wonderful people and worked so hard and deserve it but I hate them so idk

Reactions: 4 users
Sigh this purgatory sucks, a feeling that is quite hard to describe and put into words. Pretty hard to keep your head up too. Praying for good news later this month!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I think I figured out the feeling haha.. it's a combination of being super mad/frustrated at first and then letting a whole waterfall of sadness overtake you... lol waiting just makes you feel so hopeless. People say that you just have to keep the faith and believe but haha it's just so hard when you're used to being told No.

Really wish they'd make this process more manageable.. dental school admissions is so prompt with their decisions.

Been putting off sending a second round of last-ditch-effort interest letters because of A) this feeling and B) I put so much effort into sending the first round... and nothing came of it. All the interview invites I got were before I sent anything. Maybe I'll find the energy to write something up again tomorrow

Appreciate this thread's existence for some much needed venting, homies

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think I figured out the feeling haha.. it's a combination of being super mad/frustrated at first and then letting a whole waterfall of sadness overtake you... lol waiting just makes you feel so hopeless. People say that you just have to keep the faith and believe but haha it's just so hard when you're used to being told No.

Really wish they'd make this process more manageable.. dental school admissions is so prompt with their decisions.

Been putting off sending a second round of last-ditch-effort interest letters because of A) this feeling and B) I put so much effort into sending the first round... and nothing came of it. All the interview invites I got were before I sent anything. Maybe I'll find the energy to write something up again tomorrow

Appreciate this thread's existence for some much needed venting, homies

Are you me? Just started submitting update letters and feeling bleh. Wish us luck for Sinai :p

Reactions: 1 users
No acceptances, but I'm just happy that I actually have a few interview invites. I was freaking out at the beginning of the cycle.

AzKqecp.gif A real time video of me getting waitlisted at my one II.

Reactions: 14 users
Are you me? Just started submitting update letters and feeling bleh. Wish us luck for Sinai :p
Did you apply to no safeties? Your LizzyM is solid but sometimes people who are strong applicant only apply to top tier schools? Im a little scared now

Did you apply to no safeties? Your LizzyM is solid but sometimes people who are strong applicant only apply to top tier schools? Im a little scared now

Check out my MDApps (under profile). I thought I applied fairly widely, and it seems "match" schools have sent me II more than "reach" or "safeties".

Members don't see this ad :)
I can only imagine how stressful that is, but I promise you that the odds of getting no acceptances from 10 interviews are monumentally small. Getting an interview is far more than half the battle. I would bet any amount of money that it will work out for you.

I am pleased to inform you that you no longer have to eat any hats on my behalf....got my first acceptance today!!! From a school I absolutely was not expecting at all. Best of luck to everyone throughout the next two months :love:

Reactions: 29 users
I am pleased to inform you that you no longer have to eat any hats on my behalf....got my first acceptance today!!! From a school I absolutely was not expecting at all. Best of luck to everyone throughout the next two months :love:
OMG CONGRATS!!!!

Reactions: 2 users

I just looked up your past posts and I am absolutely stunned that you have not received an acceptance until now. Congratulations - but you should have had lots of acceptances by now. Are you traditional?

Last edited:
Op with those stats you'll at least get off the waitlist

I've been sleeping a lot lately waiting for time to pass by and hopefully hear some good news soon.

Life on auto-pilot sucks.

Still sending positive vibes to everyone!

Bro you didn't apply DO with those stats? Wut
I did, just TCOM. No luck with them. I'll probably apply MD & DO next cycle if I don' get in

EDIT: Or I could just abandon ship and go to law school like I originally planned :p

Check out my MDApps (under profile). I thought I applied fairly widely, and it seems "match" schools have sent me II more than "reach" or "safeties".
I really don't understand how you don't have a bunch of acceptances already! This acceptance process seems so random sometimes (I know it's not)

I actually sort of wanted to eat some hats. Congratulations!

I just looked up your past posts and I am absolutely stunned that you have not received an acceptance until now. Congratulations - but you should have had lots of acceptances by now. Are you traditional?

Hahaha well thank you for your faith in my strength as an applicant :p Yep I'm a senior in college right now, and I'm not a great interviewer which probably could be a big part of it, but I also didn't think that my interviews were that much better at the school I got into compared to most of the schools I didn't? Who knows...

The whole process is a crapshoot. I thought all my interviews went decent and I got 2 waitlists. My one interview i thought was my best ended up in a deferred decision.

I've been sleeping a lot lately waiting for time to pass by and hopefully hear some good news soon.

Life on auto-pilot sucks.

Still sending positive vibes to everyone!
<3 try to find a reason to go outside every day, even if only for a little bit! I know that feeling, we gotta fight it every day. Best vibes to you, we all got this!!

When I pray to hear back from a school, open my email, and the subject line is "Waitlist"...

When I pray to hear back from a school, open my email, and the subject line is "Waitlist"...
You're LizzyM is so high though! I'm nervous. Did you only apply to top tier schools? Do you have a downwards trend?

Pros of not being accepted to medical school: don't have to deal with TB test
Cons of not being accepted to medical school: not fulfilling life's dream

Take the good with the bad.

Reactions: 11 users
Just keep hope alive guys. I started panicking in early November because of the going theme on SDN about needing to take a gap year if you don't hear back by thanksgiving... I got my first II on Thanksgiving and got my most recent one yesterday (weirdly all schools have notified me on a Thursday lol). As you see in a lot of forums people are turning down their II/acceptances because they have gotten into a more favorable place. Yours is coming :D

Reactions: 3 users
Just keep hope alive guys. I started panicking in early November because of the going theme on SDN about needing to take a gap year if you don't hear back by thanksgiving... I got my first II on Thanksgiving and got my most recent one yesterday (weirdly all schools have notified me on a Thursday lol). As you see in a lot of forums people are turning down their II/acceptances because they have gotten into a more favorable place. Yours is coming :D

+1

I got four IIs in the last three weeks.

My hope level has never been so high. On the flip side my wallet has never been so empty.

Reactions: 12 users
Anyone out there not able to focus on anything with this constantly looming over our heads? Nothing seems as important so I can't even bring myself to commit energy to doing other things I'm interested in.. it all just seems so pointless.

Hahaha I can't stand this feeling, the days just keep getting worse. Man I really need Sinai or BU to save me from this purgatory

Reactions: 8 users
Anyone out there not able to focus on anything with this constantly looming over our heads? Nothing seems as important so I can't even bring myself to commit energy to doing other things I'm interested in.. it all just seems so pointless.

Hahaha I can't stand this feeling, the days just keep getting worse. Man I really need Sinai or BU to save me from this purgatory

The gym helps.

Reactions: 6 users
Joining this thread, I've been lucky enough to have 5 II so far with one waitlist, one silence and 3 haven't happened yet. Trying to stay busy to keep my mind off the application cycle but some days that's easier said than done!

Reactions: 6 users
Lol, you asked me the same question before. No downward trend, just hovered around ~3.9
Oh sorry, I didn't realize it was the same person I was asking. I'm nervous now D: I mean it's one thing if somebody wasn't a terribly strong applicant to begin with, it's another if they're super strong but still don't get an love D: D: D: D:

I don't think schools necessarily interview for a wait-list spot at the end of the cycle. I think the students that interview late in the cycle are just more likely to be wait-listed because they were the weaker students to begin with.

I don't think schools necessarily interview for a wait-list spot at the end of the cycle. I think the students that interview late in the cycle are just more likely to be wait-listed because they were the weaker students to begin with.
........what does interviewing late in the cycle have to do with strength of an applicant? Sometimes its just the luck of whose application was read first. Maybe they do it alphabetically? How can you know?

Reactions: 1 user
........what does interviewing late in the cycle have to do with strength of an applicant? Sometimes its just the luck of whose application was read first. Maybe they do it alphabetically? How can you know?

Every medical school does things differently. But there is somewhat of a trend that stronger applicants are first to interview, and weaker applicants last to interview. The strength of this trend varies from school to school.

Joining this thread! It's nice to have company. 6 MD IIs with one rejection, two waitlists, and three silences. The waitlists give me hope, but I'm not sure how optimistic to be.

Reactions: 1 user
I feel like I'm going to be that unlucky duck that got 3 II and 3 waitlist and ultimately got into nowhere >___<

Last edited:
I feel like I'm going to be that unlucky duck that got 3 II and 3 waitlist and ultimately got into nowhere >___<
Don't give up hope! I have a friend who applied last cycle who only had one II which ended up being a waitlist. She ultimately got in :)

I am supposed to be focusing on retaking the MCAT for next cycle since this cycle is looking pretty sad

Sent from my iPhone

Four II
1 R
2 WL
1 silence that will prob turn into a WL...it's my state school, where I interviewed in freaking September

I'm really surprised. I'm not a STELLAR applicant, but I an a URM non-trad with a 3.96 cGPA and 4.0 BCPM GPA. I thought someone would want me.