Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*

Started by mmmcdowe
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@HomeSkool @Matthew9Thirtyfive @freak7 @TheBiologist @goatmed @libertyyne @JoaoMoutinho bump!

7be103801354013623f1005056a9545d

That last image caught me off guard, I spat out some water lmao
 
Has anyone been unable to listen to music on their iPhone lately? Youtube music has been complete **** for me lately. I updated iOS, youtube, rebooted my phone, all the usual fixes. All it does is pause ever 10 seconds, skip to end or beginning of a song, pause the song, change to something random from my history, go to the next song on the playlist, pause again, play for 20 whole seconds, then skip back and forth again. I literally can't even listen to a single song. It's so annoying.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone been unable to listen to music on their iPhone lately? Youtube music has been complete **** for me lately. I updated iOS, youtube, rebooted my phone, all the usual fixes. All it does is pause ever 10 seconds, skip to end or beginning of a song, pause the song, change to something random from my history, go to the next song on the playlist, pause again, play for 20 whole seconds, then skip back and forth again. I literally can't even listen to a single song. It's so annoying.
Try reinstalling Youtube?
 
I did. I updated and reinstalled.
I feel like this is some kind of ploy to sell youtube red to me? It tends to happen when I'm at home on wi fi , and not when I'm on campus on LTE.
Hmmm, try factory reset? I know it's kind of a last resort, though.
 
Has anyone been unable to listen to music on their iPhone lately? Youtube music has been complete **** for me lately. I updated iOS, youtube, rebooted my phone, all the usual fixes. All it does is pause ever 10 seconds, skip to end or beginning of a song, pause the song, change to something random from my history, go to the next song on the playlist, pause again, play for 20 whole seconds, then skip back and forth again. I literally can't even listen to a single song. It's so annoying.

Not having any problems. Listening to songs on YouTube on my wife’s iPhone right now.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who are interested, I just published the latest entry to my blog.

Gas Words: Adaptability

Hi, Dr. HomeSkool,

I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed this blog post of yours, and I think it's a great resource for the pre-med community that should be appreciated, so thank you so much for writing and sharing it. My favorite part was that you kept your cool, adapted to solve the problems on the fly, and after that experience you were still in a good enough mood to joke around even (surgerize :laugh:).

One thing though: I was a little confused about the title. I guessed from the title the post was going to be about how adaptability is a buzzword that's lost all meaning. After reading it, though, I would say it's a story about the bona fide (and quite badass) adaptability of an attending, i.e. this is what adaptability looks like.

Thank you again.
 
Hi, Dr. HomeSkool,

I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed this blog post of yours, and I think it's a great resource for the pre-med community that should be appreciated, so thank you so much for writing and sharing it. My favorite part was that you kept your cool, adapted to solve the problems on the fly, and after that experience you were still in a good enough mood to joke around even (surgerize [emoji23]).

One thing though: I was a little confused about the title. I guessed from the title the post was going to be about how adaptability is a buzzword that's lost all meaning. After reading it, though, I would say it's a story about the bona fide (and quite badass) adaptability of an attending, i.e. this is what adaptability looks like.

Thank you again.
Thank you for your very kind words! Most of my cases don't require that level of on-the-fly adaptability, fortunately, but swing shift often necessitates it because of the type of cases (urgent and emergent procedures) and level of backup available (not much). Night shift is even more demanding in that respect.

At the time, that case felt like a total flail: nothing came easily, everything seemed to go wrong, and nothing went "by the book". In situations like that, I make a point of having an after-action review, either alone or with my team, to assess what I/we did well and where I/we need to improve. It was only when Kevin and I did our AAR that we realized how smoothly things had gone considering the challenges that arose. We still identified areas for improvement, but we were very pleased overall with our performance as a team. And make no mistake: even though I was the team leader making the decisions and giving instructions, my success was in large part facilitated by my absolute (and well-placed) confidence in Kevin's abilities.

Again, thank you for your kind words, and I'm glad you enjoyed the post!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad