Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*
Started by mmmcdowe
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@HomeSkool @Matthew9Thirtyfive @freak7 @UNMedGa @libertyyne @JoaoMoutinho bump!
fMRI testing showed that subjects who don't agree to participate are much more likely to escape from the machine mid-scan.
fMRI testing showed that subjects who don't agree to participate are much more likely to escape from the machine mid-scan.
Hey guys
So I currently have an abstract that is on the brink of being published. They said they should have it published within a few weeks. However, when I go to put it under publications, it says that I need to have the publication date. Should I put May or will this not count?
So I currently have an abstract that is on the brink of being published. They said they should have it published within a few weeks. However, when I go to put it under publications, it says that I need to have the publication date. Should I put May or will this not count?
Hey guys
So I currently have an abstract that is on the brink of being published. They said they should have it published within a few weeks. However, when I go to put it under publications, it says that I need to have the publication date. Should I put May or will this not count?
Publications refer to peer reviewed journal articles. Abstracts should be listed in Posters/Presentations.
Hey guys
So I currently have an abstract that is on the brink of being published. They said they should have it published within a few weeks. However, when I go to put it under publications, it says that I need to have the publication date. Should I put May or will this not count?
Check the work/activities thread. This question has been answered there multiple times.
Does anyone else feel like getting an II is just random sometimes? I mean there are only so many things that can distinguish an applicant from another.
Does anyone else feel like getting an II is just random sometimes? I mean there are only so many things that can distinguish an applicant from another.
Adcoms have said on here numerous times that it isn't really random, it just seems like it.
Obviously never been in the bathroom with military folks. Ain't no silence there.
@JoaoMoutinho @libertyyne @TheBiologist @Gilakend @freak7 @Matthew9Thirtyfive math and war followup!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
chasingpills
New Member
Nice Cartoon. Funny yet hit the points... 🙂
Has anybody done Khan Academy CARS practice? The passages are total hit and miss. Either I get all of the questions or like 2/5 right.
Has anybody done Khan Academy CARS practice? The passages are total hit and miss. Either I get all of the questions or like 2/5 right.
KA CARS passages aren't good. I recommend practicing from TPR Hyperlearning, AAMC Question Packs, NextStep 108, ExamKrackers 101 etc.
I've heard Kaplan is fine too ( I have a Kaplan set of books, I've heard their content reveiw is excellant but practice tests are deflated, so not accurate at all) .KA CARS passages aren't good. I recommend practicing from TPR Hyperlearning, AAMC Question Packs, NextStep 108, ExamKrackers 101 etc.
I will definetely buy AAMC stuff. Does anybody here buy more than 1 set of MCAT books?
Is KA easier or harder than the real thing? Or just a bad representation?
NextStep CARS is garbage. Do the AAMC SBs. Kaplan is okay. The scores are deflated but good practice. NS ranges from pretty representative to absolute trash.
Note: I am comparing ns and Kaplan to the aamc practice material.
Note: I am comparing ns and Kaplan to the aamc practice material.
AAMC has this bundle that you can get that has all the practice passages/full length tests/ etc put together for a lower price than buying them all separately. Is it worth it? I'm thinking yes?NextStep CARS is garbage. Do the AAMC SBs. Kaplan is okay. The scores are deflated but good practice. NS ranges from pretty representative to absolute trash.
Note: I am comparing ns and Kaplan to the aamc practice material.
IMO yes. I did princeton review, which included the AAMC bundle in the price. The only other resource I used was occasional Khan academy for extra questions on science concepts.AAMC has this bundle that you can get that has all the practice passages/full length tests/ etc put together for a lower price than buying them all separately. Is it worth it? I'm thinking yes?
AAMC has this bundle that you can get that has all the practice passages/full length tests/ etc put together for a lower price than buying them all separately. Is it worth it? I'm thinking yes?
Yes. The AAMC stuff is the most representative of the actual MCAT for obvious reasons. That’s why all the test prep companies include access to it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of you who follow such things, a couple days ago I accepted an appointment to my school's admissions committee.
Me, when my roommate and I couldn't kill the 6-inch mega millipede in our apartment and it escaped into the baseboard.
I worked with Dr. Landry a few years ago! Great person, really awesome to see her featured in a Q&A on this site!
I worked with Dr. Landry a few years ago! Great person, really awesome to see her featured in a Q&A on this site!
She seems cool. I read part of the Q&A. I kind of cringed a little when she started telling the story about the diabetic student, but I was hoping it wasn’t going to be like a hero story. It sort of was, but in an unexpected and awesome way. She seems like good people.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dammit Lawpy why'd you pull me back into this hell-hole 

chasingpills
New Member
Saying less is always a good policy - as they said! 🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 86
- Views
- 12K
- Replies
- 30
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 620
- Views
- 108K
- Replies
- 98
- Views
- 26K