Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*

Started by mmmcdowe
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@HomeSkool @Matthew9Thirtyfive @freak7 @UNMedGa @TheBiologist @Gilakend @libertyyne @JoaoMoutinho bump!

b12a3ff04a3f01363888005056a9545d
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hmm. The Roman Empire was very, very much like us. They lost their moral core, their sense of values in terms of who they were. And after all of those things converged together, they just went right down the tubes very quickly.
 
Hmm. The Roman Empire was very, very much like us. They lost their moral core, their sense of values in terms of who they were. And after all of those things converged together, they just went right down the tubes very quickly.

People have been saying that about America for like a hundred years.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You guys
My MCAT books were supposed to arrive today I ordered them over two weeks ago and I was supposed to start prepping three days ago. They're supposed to be here by 8 pm they're in transit from a distribution center about two hours from where I live and I'm going nuts aaaahhhhhh.
USPS man needs to step up his game.
/rant
 
You guys
My MCAT books were supposed to arrive today I ordered them over two weeks ago and I was supposed to start prepping three days ago. They're supposed to be here by 8 pm they're in transit from a distribution center about two hours from where I live and I'm going nuts aaaahhhhhh.
USPS man needs to step up his game.
/rant
Chill. It's not 8 yet, they'll get there.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone
So I'm going through the Kaplan prep books-
I'm on physics and math right now. What did you guys think of the end of chapter questions ( those passage-free questions at the end of the chapter)? Are they easier or harder than the discrete ( not passage based) questions on the real MCAT? They seem a little easy to me, but I've also heard the physics on the MCAT is very fundamental, so maybe the physics questions on the real MCAT aren't too hard either?
 
Hi everyone
So I'm going through the Kaplan prep books-
I'm on physics and math right now. What did you guys think of the end of chapter questions ( those passage-free questions at the end of the chapter)? Are they easier or harder than the discrete ( not passage based) questions on the real MCAT? They seem a little easy to me, but I've also heard the physics on the MCAT is very fundamental, so maybe the physics questions on the real MCAT aren't too hard either?

The physics on the MCAT is by definition fundamental as the concepts are all from introductory courses. That doesn’t mean they can’t be difficult.
 
But are those end-of-chapter questions representative of the real MCAT questions?

I didn’t even open that book, but overall I don’t think Kaplan questions are very representative. I liked their biochem and bio books for content, but their questions seem way more detail oriented and requiring rote memorization.
 
Hi everyone
So I'm going through the Kaplan prep books-
I'm on physics and math right now. What did you guys think of the end of chapter questions ( those passage-free questions at the end of the chapter)? Are they easier or harder than the discrete ( not passage based) questions on the real MCAT? They seem a little easy to me, but I've also heard the physics on the MCAT is very fundamental, so maybe the physics questions on the real MCAT aren't too hard either?
AAMC materials are the only things that are representative of the test. Everything else is noise.
 
AAMC materials are the only things that are representative of the test. Everything else is noise.
Oh okay. I'm gonna run through all of Kaplan and then run through all of AAMC ( so I can go through content twice, and not forget what I did in the beginning.) I'm doing Kaplan Q's anyway just bc more practice is always better anyway, but at least now I know they're nothing like AAMC.
 
Oh okay. I'm gonna run through all of Kaplan and then run through all of AAMC ( so I can go through content twice, and not forget what I did in the beginning.) I'm doing Kaplan Q's anyway just bc more practice is always better anyway, but at least now I know they're nothing like AAMC.

I think of all the third party materials out there, UWorld is probably the closest to the AAMC on the most sections. They have a free 15 day trial you can do to check it out if you like it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi ya'll
What's the consensus on those UWorld Q's? I'm paying for Kaplan and AAMC stuff, but I really wanna take advantage of that 15 day free trial * rubs hands together*.

Also, that NS free FL, is it good? Or is it deliberately ****ty because it's free? I've heard that for 3rd party FL's Atlius/NS step are the best.

Also, are these free trials really free? They don't ask for credit card info, so I think yes, right? I always get a little paranoid if something seems too good to be true?
 
Hi ya'll
What's the consensus on those UWorld Q's? I'm paying for Kaplan and AAMC stuff, but I really wanna take advantage of that 15 day free trial * rubs hands together*.

Also, that NS free FL, is it good? Or is it deliberately ****ty because it's free? I've heard that for 3rd party FL's Atlius/NS step are the best.

Also, are these free trials really free? They don't ask for credit card info, so I think yes, right? I always get a little paranoid if something seems too good to be true?

Uworld is really free for the trial. No credit card info or anything. When it’s over, it just cuts you off.

Next Step is okay. Better than Kaplan as far as tests and questions go. Although I know of two questions of there’s that are blatantly wrong. But I’ve seen that with the other companies too (besides AAMC).
 
Hi ya'll
What's the consensus on those UWorld Q's? I'm paying for Kaplan and AAMC stuff, but I really wanna take advantage of that 15 day free trial * rubs hands together*.

Also, that NS free FL, is it good? Or is it deliberately ****ty because it's free? I've heard that for 3rd party FL's Atlius/NS step are the best.

Also, are these free trials really free? They don't ask for credit card info, so I think yes, right? I always get a little paranoid if something seems too good to be true?
If you want a u world trial I can give you a link that will get you three months free trial