Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*

Started by mmmcdowe
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Popping in to say that I’m alive!

I’ve been working my clinical research job for about 2 months now and I absolutely love it. It’s getting me excited to start prepping to take the MCAT in early 2019 and to start thinking about applying next year.

Taking two gaps years has been the best decision for my sanity. I’ve actually been able to enjoy this summer! What a concept.
 
@HomeSkool @Crayola227 @TheBiologist @Gilakend @Endoxifen bump!

e7191ed0557d01363cb7005056a9545d
 
Popping in to say that I’m alive!

I’ve been working my clinical research job for about 2 months now and I absolutely love it. It’s getting me excited to start prepping to take the MCAT in early 2019 and to start thinking about applying next year.

Taking two gaps years has been the best decision for my sanity. I’ve actually been able to enjoy this summer! What a concept.
Hey! Glad to hear from you. I took an SDN LOA after my kid was born too so I know what it’s like coming back after a break. I had to read through probably 100’s of pages before I got caught up. Welcome back! Glad to hear all is well.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Popping in to say that I’m alive!

I’ve been working my clinical research job for about 2 months now and I absolutely love it. It’s getting me excited to start prepping to take the MCAT in early 2019 and to start thinking about applying next year.

Taking two gaps years has been the best decision for my sanity. I’ve actually been able to enjoy this summer! What a concept.

Glad it’s working out! Patience is always a good thing.

Edit: autocorrect
 
Last edited:
Hey! Glad to hear from you. I took an SDN LOA after my kid was born too so I know what it’s like coming back after a break. I had to read through probably 100’s of pages before I got caught up. Welcome back! Glad to hear all is well.

That’s impressive! I’m on the lazier side myself, so I’ll leave what I’ve missed to those who were here 🙄

I feel like it was just yesterday when you posted about your little one being born! Time flies. Are you excited about starting school?
 
That’s impressive! I’m on the lazier side myself, so I’ll leave what I’ve missed to those who were here 🙄

I feel like it was just yesterday when you posted about your little one being born! Time flies. Are you excited about starting school?
If by excited you mean terrified then yes I am excited.

We’re in the middle of a big move right now so all I know is stress
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anybody ever feel like, no matter what you do and how much you do, you don’t feel like it’s ever enough?
I, for one, have a hard time digging into the experiences I do have and describe them elaborately. I tend to trivialize the things I have done and instead am constantly on the look for experiences I don’t have.
I know nobody can have a med school or residency app that guarantees acceptance, but on some days I feel so insecure about expressing it all.
 
Does anybody ever feel like, no matter what you do and how much you do, you don’t feel like it’s ever enough?
I, for one, have a hard time digging into the experiences I do have and describe them elaborately. I tend to trivialize the things I have done and instead am constantly on the look for experiences I don’t have.
I know nobody can have a med school or residency app that guarantees acceptance, but on some days I feel so insecure about expressing it all.

Nah, you’re not the only one.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Who else is starting to go ccrazy waiting for interview invites?
I got a phone call from an area code for one of my schools. Turned out to be some dingus trying to scam me.
The turnaround time during summer can be slow as Adcoms can be on vocation; not to mention it's still early in the cycle! People haven't finished their apps yet; you are ahead of them.

I know probably no assurance from an internet stranger can alleviate the agony of waiting, and neither does my confidence in you mean anything, but I'll still say it. I'm rooting for you!
 
The turnaround time during summer can be slow as Adcoms can be on vocation; not to mention it's still early in the cycle! People haven't finished their apps yet; you are ahead of them.

I know probably no assurance from an internet stranger can alleviate the agony of waiting, and neither does my confidence in you mean anything, but I'll still say it. I'm rooting for you!
Thanks. My early R from UCSD has me paranoid now.
 
Thanks. My early R from UCSD has me paranoid now.
I'm not an expert, but schools reject most applicants pre-interview right? The early R could mean they just got around to reading your app earlier, not necessary that you're a weak applicant.
I apologize if you posted about this somewhere, but have you considered adding more schools?
 
I'm not an expert, but schools reject most applicants pre-interview right? The early R could mean they just got around to reading your app earlier, not necessary that you're a weak applicant.
I apologize if you posted about this somewhere, but have you considered adding more schools?

Yeah, I've thought about it. But I'm in a linked SMP with a pretty solid success rate (only like 2 or 3 students in the past 3 cohorts have failed to get accepted), and my stats are well above the cutoffs.
 
The turnaround time during summer can be slow as Adcoms can be on vocation; not to mention it's still early in the cycle! People haven't finished their apps yet; you are ahead of them.

I know probably no assurance from an internet stranger can alleviate the agony of waiting, and neither does my confidence in you mean anything, but I'll still say it. I'm rooting for you!
Thanks! Are you applying this cycle as well?
Thanks. My early R from UCSD has me paranoid now.
Keep your head up guy!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad