-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*
Started by mmmcdowe
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
...am I the only one anywhere who really dislikes Will Farrell and his movies? Anyone? Guys?
*chirp*
Depends, Step Brothers killed me. Stupid, yes. Funny, yes. Faith in humaniy, not even remotely. Did I care? Nope. 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
But Ricky......I wanna be in the Show!!! :cry:
😆😀
Edit:
Sorry sliverturtle. Didn't see your comment until after I had posted. Now it's too late to go back and remove the superfluous emoticons.
Dang it! There I go again.
4
487806
Congrats. Now where are the drawing gifs?
4
487806
Depends, Step Brothers killed me. Stupid, yes. Funny, yes. Faith in humaniy, not even remotely. Did I care? Nope. 😀
The Wacey has returned...

D
deleted303591
Today I got:
The Princeton Review Hyperlearning Verbal Reasoning Workbook (2011 Version)
for $15....
at
Half Price Books
I feel lucky.
The Princeton Review Hyperlearning Verbal Reasoning Workbook (2011 Version)
for $15....
at
Half Price Books
I feel lucky.
4
487806
Last edited:
The Wacey has returned...![]()
😀 I've been avoiding all of you productive people since I haven't done much all week.
4
487806
😀 I've been avoiding all of you productive people since I haven't done much all week.
Why Wacey? Are you mad that West Coast is terrible in baseball?
Why Wacey? Are you mad that West Coast is terrible in baseball?
Because I'm on break and don't give a hoot 🙄
4
487806
Because I'm on break and don't give a hoot 🙄
That's good to hear Wacey. Also, you rank highly on my list, since you like space. 👍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
East Coast best coast![]()
👍👍👍👍👍
Though I've gotta admit, OR and WA seem nice. I'll take New England any day, though, Cali is the most overrated, terrible place to live I've ever encountered.
👍👍👍👍👍
Though I've gotta admit, OR and WA seem nice. I'll take New England any day, though, Cali is the most overrated, terrible place to live I've ever encountered.
Hmm.. I've only visited San Diego (Spanish for a whale's vagina) and Washington state but I loved them both.
Hmm.. I've only visited San Diego (Spanish for a whale's vagina) and Washington state but I loved them both.
Bwahahahaha! I seriously lol'd at that! For a second I was like, "There's no way Diego can mean vagina or whale"
and then I realized you had made a funny. 😆Bwahahahaha! I seriously lol'd at that! For a second I was like, "There's no way Diego can mean vagina or whale"and then I realized you had made a funny. 😆
I thought it appropriate to make a stupid Will Farrell joke.
I come back after a few days and all I see are
![]()

🤣
😆Hmm.. I've only visited San Diego (Spanish for a whale's vagina) and Washington state but I loved them both.
Bwahahahaha! I seriously lol'd at that! For a second I was like, "There's no way Diego can mean vagina or whale"and then I realized you had made a funny. 😆

👍 I just gradually laughed more and more as I caught up. Strong work everyone!I thought it appropriate to make a stupid Will Farrell joke.
4
487806
Hmm.. I've only visited San Diego (Spanish for a whale's vagina) and Washington state but I loved them both.
👍
That's good to hear Wacey. Also, you rank highly on my list, since you like space. 👍
Hells yea 🙂 Maybe I can put that on my applications in the future. "Ranked highly on Agent B's list." 😀
👍 I just gradually laughed more and more as I caught up. Strong work everyone!
Yeah I think this thread got a little better with that exchange there. Better than just emoticons. Lol
👍👍👍👍👍
Though I've gotta admit, OR and WA seem nice. I'll take New England any day, though, Cali is the most overrated, terrible place to live I've ever encountered.
Well we don't like you either so there ::sticks tongue out:: 😛
Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
Favorite movie quotes?
4
487806
Favorite movie quotes?
"Barca will lose"
Favorite movie quotes?
"like a blind man at an orgy...I was going to have to feel things out."
-Naked Gun ...(2.5? I think)
Favorite movie quotes?
Id like a liter o cola
Sent from my SCH-I405 using SDN Mobile
"like a blind man at an orgy...I was going to have to feel things out."
-Naked Gun ...(2.5? I think)
🤣
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad

what if you could somehow get back all the money you spent on applying to schools that rejected you to help you pay for things to get ready for med school in the fall...
..aaahh that would be so sweet.
Favorite movie quotes?
"I guess you don't know me as well as you supposed."
.
Last edited:
There is a new CAM forum. I predict an endless storm of trolls from pre-allo.
CAM? Link please.

.
Last edited:
.
Last edited:
.
Last edited:
I would also believe it if the whole forum were an April Fools joke.
I just saw it and I sincerely hope it is. Faith Healing?!

I would also believe it if the whole forum were an April Fools joke.
"Ain't 'gon murder anybody on our weddin' day..."Favorite movie quotes?
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slwpt4gtCNg[/YOUTUBE]
Yes, it's my favorite movie of all time, one of the most romantic and satirical movies I've ever seen. I've loved it since I first saw it back in 95.
I just saw it and I sincerely hope it is. Faith Healing?!![]()
La Presse, how many avatars have you had? I get so confused!
4
487806
La Presse, how many avatars have you had? I get so confused!
I agree. 
There is a new CAM forum. I predict an endless storm of trolls from pre-allo.
Really? I want to see 🙂
Anyone know what's a good first car to get for college?
Trying to get it off craigslist and my budget is low, 1500.
thanks 🙂
Trying to get it off craigslist and my budget is low, 1500.
thanks 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know what's a good first car to get for college?
Trying to get it off craigslist and my budget is low, 1500.
thanks 🙂
I would go Honda anything. They last forever, maintenance is pretty cheap, and they get good gas mileage.
Officially throwing in the towel and applying to ND schools.
Top.
Can you save up another 1500 or so? You're likely to run in to a lot of problems with a budget that low, even if you buy something notoriously reliable. Your options will go up quite a bit if you can spend closer to 3k.
Anyone know what's a good first car to get for college?
Trying to get it off craigslist and my budget is low, 1500.
thanks 🙂
Can you save up another 1500 or so? You're likely to run in to a lot of problems with a budget that low, even if you buy something notoriously reliable. Your options will go up quite a bit if you can spend closer to 3k.
Anyone know what's a good first car to get for college?
Trying to get it off craigslist and my budget is low, 1500.
thanks 🙂
I would go Honda anything. They last forever, maintenance is pretty cheap, and they get good gas mileage.
Agree with the above, but I would also put in old Toyotas (#1 choice for me), Subarus (good, but often overpriced, even used, plus if they're 4WD know the suspension work will be pricier), and Volvos. It's OK if they have a lot of miles...a Camry should get at least 200k.
Things to look for in your (required) test-drive:
#1 concern is the transmission. This is what will have taken a beating over the years. Look for signs that it was abused (looks like a hot-shot teen drove it like it was the sports car in his head). On your test drive, look for signs of slipping, SLAMMING into gear, etc. Gutless is fine, jerky is worrisome.
Suspension problems can also crop up here...clicking when you turn, looseness in the steering, overly squishy on bumps, etc...if anything catches your eye, don't necessarily write off the car, just know that it will probably cost you ~$800 very shortly after purchase.
Strangely colored smoke in the exhaust is almost always a bad sign.
Check underneath the car for signs of abuse - dents in the tranny/oil pan may not cause issues themselves, but they're a red flag that this car was run aground pretty hard at least once, which could mean minor accident, too-vigorous off-road driving for a normal car, or a number of other things that make you pay close attention to the suspension.
If you find an electrical issue, it's probably the cheapest fix you've ever encountered...but you will spend hundreds upon hundreds of dollars trying to figure out WHICH $0.50 piece to replace. And the mechanic will give up and tell you to replace the computer, because many of them just rely on the stupid diagnostic computer these days. Run away from electrical problems.
Look under the hood, if only to see how much oil has been spilled at the top of the engine. Old cars burn oil, that's fine...but if it requires a quart every time you fill the tank, a) that gets pricey and b) it'll be spilled all over the place.
I would go Honda anything. They last forever, maintenance is pretty cheap, and they get good gas mileage.
Between Toyota Corrola and Honda Civic, both of which I've owned, the Corrola is the way to go: cheaper, better gas mileage, better reliability, better service, better experience overall. I'll be selling my 2009 civic for an older, cheaper model Toyota.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 88
- Views
- 12K
- Replies
- 30
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 620
- Views
- 108K
- Replies
- 98
- Views
- 26K