-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*
Started by mmmcdowe
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Dont trust any of that bs unless you get in it in writing from the govt to your mailing address
Just what I thought. Of course, I was never gonna share it with them. They were just claiming they would " suspend" my SSN and I just turned off the phone ( they did say "press pound for more options" and maybe then they would have asked for my SSN).The government is slow. They will use a letter.
I'm always suspicious when it comes to sharing any of my identifying info. I didn't even put my SSN on AMCAS because I was afraid it could cause issues.
Oh, and update. NYITCOM sent me the " complete" email. Thank God. I hope I'm still early for DO. Just Rowan and PCOM left to be complete at ( really struggling with that 1000 word Rowan essay about osteopathy).
D
deleted804295
Idk. It might just be the "guy" in your name.lol you and everyone else thinks that so don't worry 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I though it was the "lime" partIdk. It might just be the "guy" in your name.
In complaining: I'm a little sick so I took some benedryl for my massive sinus pain and pressure. Now I'm sleepy and mouth is SO DRY. Although I may be tired bc I'm feeling a little, and not the Benedryl, idk. At any rate I'm annoyed.
9
907914
Gurl. Chill. You good.In complaining: I'm a little sick so I took some benedryl for my massive sinus pain and pressure. Now I'm sleepy and mouth is SO DRY. Although I may be tired bc I'm feeling a little, and not the Benedryl, idk. At any rate I'm annoyed.
I'm just voicing a complaint. I am chill. A little too chill. That's the issue of the matter.Gurl. Chill. You good.
Dang it time to get curry againevery time curry gets brought up in here i get so hungry!
if anyone wants a good and different curry recipe: Digaag Qumbe (Yogurt-Coconut Chicken) Recipe
Bruv, let the girl complainGurl. Chill. You good.
That sucks. Were you able to at least get some good sleep in last night after you took it? Benadryl hangovers are not fun 🙁In complaining: I'm a little sick so I took some benedryl for my massive sinus pain and pressure. Now I'm sleepy and mouth is SO DRY. Although I may be tired bc I'm feeling a little, and not the Benedryl, idk. At any rate I'm annoyed.
I just found out I'm being promoted at work to the next level of research assistant, which comes with a pay bump. I don't make much to begin with, lol, so this is super exciting!!!
The last line of your sig is giving me anxiety...I just found out I'm being promoted at work to the next level of research assistant, which comes with a pay bump. I don't make much to begin with, lol, so this is super exciting!!!
But congrats! 😀 So happy for you! Save all that money up before med school so you can buffer the poor student life...XD
Tbh the looming prospect of six figures in loans is making me care less about saving money than before, and it's bad. If I get in this cycle and begin in the fall, I am most definitely going to take on a shirt ton of debt, so what difference is a splurge on a vacation or something really going to make? It's such a terrible attitude, but it's not like my minimal savings can pay for med school so........yes, I'll have a large frappuccino thanks.
Last edited:
Tbh the looming prospect of six figures in loans is making me care less about saving money than before, and it's bad. If I get in this cycle and begin in the fall, I am most definitely going to take on a shirt ton of debt, so what's difference is a splurge on a vacation or something really going to make? It's such a terrible attitude, but it's not like my minimal savings can pay for med school so........yes, I'll have a large frappuccino thanks.
Literally me. I will definitely be vacation-ing it up before med school. I haven't been on a legit vacation in a couple years - figure I might as well do it before I'm saddled in loans.
So. I get an email from UMASS med admissions. With guarded excitement- I open it.
To find out that I qualify for in-state tuition. Nice. Not like I've lived in MA my whole life or anything.
*sigh* News.
To find out that I qualify for in-state tuition. Nice. Not like I've lived in MA my whole life or anything.
*sigh* News.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
9
907914
Keep in mind - gotta make credit card payments during MED schoolTbh the looming prospect of six figures in loans is making me care less about saving money than before, and it's bad. If I get in this cycle and begin in the fall, I am most definitely going to take on a shirt ton of debt, so what difference is a splurge on a vacation or something really going to make? It's such a terrible attitude, but it's not like my minimal savings can pay for med school so........yes, I'll have a large frappuccino thanks.
9
907914
So. I get an email from UMASS med admissions. With guarded excitement- I open it.
To find out that I qualify for in-state tuition. Nice. Not like I've lived in MA my whole life or anything.
*sigh* News.
You live in Mass but you didn’t come to Harvard squad day?!
D
deleted804295
It's sad but I've been thinking this way too.Tbh the looming prospect of six figures in loans is making me care less about saving money than before, and it's bad. If I get in this cycle and begin in the fall, I am most definitely going to take on a shirt ton of debt, so what difference is a splurge on a vacation or something really going to make? It's such a terrible attitude, but it's not like my minimal savings can pay for med school so........yes, I'll have a large frappuccino thanks.
The better part of me things the difference between students who leave with 100k loans and others with 300k loans can come down to habits.
Why would I do that..I"m not applying to Harvard.You live in Mass but you didn’t come to Harvard squad day?!
D
deleted804295
I think he meant Boston squad day.Why would I do that..I"m not applying to Harvard.
9
907914
Yah, that’s a negatory lol ‘habits’ could explain $275k vs $300K, not 100 v 300.It's sad but I've been thinking this way too.
The better part of me things the difference between students who leave with 100k loans and others with 300k loans can come down to habits.
275 v 300 would be $520 a month over four years, so eating out more or living in a nicer apartment.
100 v 300 would be $4,160 a month over four years, so....you see what I am getting at.
Literally living more frugally during MED school can only save you a maximum of 20-40 thousand, which translates to about a $150 a month lower minimum payment on your loans. I say during med school, take out the maximum loans and splurge. You will enjoy your experience much more.
9
907914
Why would I do that..I"m not applying to Harvard.
Yes, Boston squad day.
Oh, couldn't had to take that test for scribe-ing, remember? It was that day already, in the evening.Yes, Boston squad day.
9
907914
Oh rightOh, couldn't had to take that test for scribe-ing, remember? It was that day already, in the evening.
I am a cat whisperer, but I cannot whisper that far. Distract em with a laser pointer or something else to play with.My roommate went out of town and her cats are retaliating by wrecking our apartment... is anyone here a cat whisperer or shall I just wake each day to find a new strategically placed cat dump?
Poop in their cat bed. Assert dominance.My roommate went out of town and her cats are retaliating by wrecking our apartment... is anyone here a cat whisperer or shall I just wake each day to find a new strategically placed cat dump?
9
907914
Anyone else peein the cat box when they were younger?Poop in their cat bed. Assert dominance.
Nope. Just you, Pat.Anyone else peein the cat box when they were younger?
/threadAnyone else peein the cat box when they were younger?
9
907914
/thread
Nope. Just you, Pat.
Both bathrooms were taken, i was 7, I had to pee.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dragon energy movePoop in their cat bed. Assert dominance.
Oh yeah, that's right. Guys can legit pee anywhere. I guess it's not as strange?Both bathrooms were taken, i was 7, I had to pee.
Nooooo, be honest you wanted to.Both bathrooms were taken, i was 7, I had to pee.
Oh yeah, that's right. Guys can legit pee anywhere. I guess it's not as strange?
I wish I could right now. Stuck in a taxiing plane.
What are we becoming doctors for if not the ability to cath ourselves on taxiing planes?I wish I could right now. Stuck in a taxiing plane.
Are you going or coming home?RIP my 8-10:30 PM flight just got delayed to 11-1 AM, may even cancel![]()
RIP my 8-10:30 PM flight just got delayed to 11-1 AM, may even cancel![]()
^^ Raptor. But the money is interviews.
9
907914
No joke, most useless skill I developed as a lab tech was self phlebotomy in which I would draw my own blood. We did this during clinicals so we had samples to run tests on. We were supposed to have a partner but by the 15th blood draw...I just YOLO’d my way through it with a butterfly needle all by myself.What are we becoming doctors for if not the ability to cath ourselves on taxiing planes?
Come to the ocean state if you get stranded
I'm still upset about the UMASS email ya'll...not to be dramatic but I just.ugh.
Haha I feel ya. I get a UB phd graduate program email 2x a week and thats my top school becuase of location lmaoI'm still upset about the UMASS email ya'll...not to be dramatic but I just.ugh.
I'm still upset about the UMASS email ya'll...not to be dramatic but I just.ugh.
I haven’t even gotten my residency email back haha. Thanks for the warning though, can’t wait for that heart attack.
Every time I get a Northwestern Masters in Law email I die a little inside. Also those Duke Singapore emails.
I too consider buying my way into Feinberg 😆Northwestern Masters in Law
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have been sleeping a lot ( I have a lot of free time rn, with just being part time). I felt fine afterwards, thank you for asking 🙂That sucks. Were you able to at least get some good sleep in last night after you took it? Benadryl hangovers are not fun 🙁
Glad you're feeling better!I have been sleeping a lot ( I have a lot of free time rn, with just being part time). I felt fine afterwards, thank you for asking 🙂
How early is too early to start a class of 2026 thread?
9
907914
Do it.How early is too early to start a class of 2026 thread?
M395 might close it 🙁. He's a meanie.Do it.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 88
- Views
- 12K
- Replies
- 30
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 620
- Views
- 108K
- Replies
- 98
- Views
- 26K