Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*

Started by mmmcdowe
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, I'm officially having issues signing up for scribe online training. Had to email the person who onboarded me again , telling her it woudln't work.
I know it's not my fault, but I feel dumb ._. I wanted to say " sorry for emailing you again" but I thought that might sound too apologetic. So. Yeah.really hoping this works.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
211C40D7-BF56-4946-9F5C-07A52E719CC1.jpeg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well state doesn’t have a medical school so that’s their problem
True true. I'm surprised at this point, considering we have a biomedical engineering major that would love the opportunity to work with med students, hella research, and a decent sized bio program. I'm sure WakeMed would be willing to partner....I guess the building infrastructure just isn't there though 🤔
 
True true. I'm surprised at this point, considering we have a biomedical engineering major that would love the opportunity to work with med students, hella research, and a decent sized bio program. I'm sure WakeMed would be willing to partner....I guess the building infrastructure just isn't there though 🤔
Is wake forest also in NC?

Sorry, I really don’t know where non-T20s are...and that is not a geography issue, that is a research issue lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Here’s an easy way to remember it: all of the ACC schools in North Carolina hate each other, except UNC and Duke hate each other more and they all hate Wake a little less due to geography and Wake’s recent irrelevance in Basketball and laughably bad football team. (they’re kinda good this year though)
“More” meaning we only sleep in tents, burn benches, and include profanities in the fight song for one of them.
 
Retweet. I just got back at like midnight, and I'm flying out again at 5 PM, arriving at like 11 PM local time for a 7 AM interview. I kind of wish I scheduled more time to settle down 🙁

Did you just say retweet on SDN? I’m tempted to permaban you.
 
Retweet. I just got back at like midnight, and I'm flying out again at 5 PM, arriving at like 11 PM local time for a 7 AM interview. I kind of wish I scheduled more time to settle down 🙁
Your flight lands at SFO at 11? Meaning you probably won’t get to where you’re staying until after midnight... woof! You’ll be fine though. You’re young, unlike me. 😉
 
Retweet. I just got back at like midnight, and I'm flying out again at 5 PM, arriving at like 11 PM local time for a 7 AM interview. I kind of wish I scheduled more time to settle down 🙁
Why aren't you going right from one to the other? I understand though if you bought flights for one before knowing about the other. I got lucky with mine where I was procrastinating buying flights for my first when I got the invite for my second, so I could combine the two into one trip.
 
Why aren't you going right from one to the other? I understand though if you bought flights for one before knowing about the other. I got lucky with mine where I was procrastinating buying flights for my first when I got the invite for my second, so I could combine the two into one trip.
Dumb kid here only buys basic economy.

Also, I have a seminar class today that I don't want to miss — muh education! and the class I'm the head TA for has an exam but none of my TA's knows how to print the exam so here I am stapling my life away
 
Retweet. I just got back at like midnight, and I'm flying out again at 5 PM, arriving at like 11 PM local time for a 7 AM interview. I kind of wish I scheduled more time to settle down 🙁
Did that last week, coast to coast each time...is no bueno.


I am def glad my job makes me come back for at least a day in between. It costs more flight time, but forces me to schedule time for rest.
You’re young, unlike me.
I mean, technically speaking you are like....1.5 standard deviations above the median matriculation age. More old than young.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Grad/professional students only have to do it for a weekend. Even that was too much for me to handle tbh. I quit after the first night.
The teammates I had who tented (maybe like 2 ever) just slept in the locker room which is below k-ville and ran out when the bullhorn sounded because no athlete is risking their sweet sweet rest.
 
Let's be clear. Duke kids will sleep in a tent for a month during classes for UNC Duke tickets.
You all take sports so seriously.

I bet no more than 20% of my class has been to more than one official sporting event here, and I'd reckon a good half hasn't been to a single one.

EDIT: I went to one football game after orientation week, and I don't plan on going to any more.
 
You all take sports so seriously.

I bet no more than 20% of my class has been to more than one official sporting event here, and I'd reckon a good half hasn't been to a single one.

EDIT: I went to one football game after orientation week, and I don't plan on going to any more.

i wish i attended a big 10 school just for the school spirit in general/game day (tailgates😍). Im also glad i didnt pay the loans for one lmao.

@Jeremy what event(s) did you run?

edit this is not the jeremy i wanted to tag 🤣 I hope the right one sees the post