Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok see I didn't get it either but was too afraid to say anythingI’m fully racking my Jewish brain to try to figure out what this has to do with my religion

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Ok see I didn't get it either but was too afraid to say anythingI’m fully racking my Jewish brain to try to figure out what this has to do with my religion

I’m fully racking my Jewish brain to try to figure out what this has to do with my religion
That hurts dude.You are just the letter I.
I was at PHL today tooooooo@EmbryonalCarcinoma I’m being bougie like you and using in-flight wifi. I have my own row! Turns out nobody’s flying from philly to st louis.
Ah dang I ain't on season 10 yet![]()
The One With The Holiday Armadillo
"The One With The Holiday Armadillo" is the tenth episode of the seventh season of Friends, which aired on NBC on December 14, 2000. In it, Ross learns that he's going to watch Ben for Christmas and is determined to teach him about their Jewish heritage but it doesn't go well, Phoebe is afraid...friends.fandom.com
I was at PHL today tooooooo
So I was the OG in-flight wifi purchaser and I get called out as "FANCY" by @premedt18 but embryo does it and he is a trend setter? Y'all showin mad disrespek@EmbryonalCarcinoma I’m being bougie like you and using in-flight wifi. I have my own row! Turns out nobody’s flying from philly to st louis.
sounds like a good time to me. what kind of donut tho??I was there from 4-6 PM messily eating my donut.
I bought the MONTH PASS like two weeks ago pshhhh.So I was the OG in-flight wifi purchaser and I get called out as "FANCY" by @premedt18 but embryo does it and he is a trend setter? Y'all showin mad disrespek
Better be bacon maple barI was there from 4-6 PM messily eating my donut.
Edit: wait I lied I was there from 6-8 PM. I suck at time.
sounds like a good time to me. what kind of donut tho??
omg I did that too bc I've been flying American so much and flights are freaking boringI bought the MONTH PASS like two weeks ago pshhhh.
Ok!! Makes MUCH more sense. I was like, I know I forget things about holidays a lot but I thought I’d remember the one with the giant armadillo lol![]()
The One With The Holiday Armadillo
"The One With The Holiday Armadillo" is the tenth episode of the seventh season of Friends, which aired on NBC on December 14, 2000. In it, Ross learns that he's going to watch Ben for Christmas and is determined to teach him about their Jewish heritage but it doesn't go well, Phoebe is afraid...friends.fandom.com
I should have purchased the month pass but i was like "Meh, I don't need it there are lots of movies" then I got to my fourth interview of September and was like "I need wifi, but I don't want to get the month pass because I will forget to get rid of the autorenewal and it will charge me two months" so...yah, bought the individual day passes :/I bought the MONTH PASS like two weeks ago pshhhh.
omg I did that too bc I've been flying American so much and flights are freaking boring
Get you a nice pair of headphones and download music to your hearts content.omg I did that too bc I've been flying American so much and flights are freaking boring
I have a reminder in my google calendar to cancel my account 🙂I should have purchased the month pass but i was like "Meh, I don't need it there are lots of movies" then I got to my fourth interview of September and was like "I need wifi, but I don't want to get the month pass because I will forget to get rid of the autorenewal and it will charge me two months" so...yah, bought the individual day passes :/
Is this how you ended up accidentally paying for STEP study resources....I should have purchased the month pass but i was like "Meh, I don't need it there are lots of movies" then I got to my fourth interview of September and was like "I need wifi, but I don't want to get the month pass because I will forget to get rid of the autorenewal and it will charge me two months" so...yah, bought the individual day passes :/

same! I set reminders to cancel all sorts of things but this especially will be cancelled lolI have a reminder in my google calendar to cancel my account 🙂
I lost my headphones in philly last week the morning of an interview and I am very salty because I had to run off without looking for it.Get you a nice pair of headphones and download music to your hearts content.
That's my strategy anyways
omg wut?! what did u do @Mr. Dr. Prof. PatrickIs this how you ended up accidentally paying for STEP study resources....![]()
I guess everyone is FANCY. next year I’m gonna be watching the same movies on every flight cuz I’m broke asfSo I was the OG in-flight wifi purchaser and I get called out as "FANCY" by @premedt18 but embryo does it and he is a trend setter? Y'all showin mad disrespek
may or may not have eaten another pack of them today. they're pretty good actually@limeyguydr I’m sure you’ve had a ton of those weird Biscoff things. They’re really growing on me.
may or may not have eaten another pack of them today. they're pretty good actually
I made a thread on this a few years ago. Residency does give you just enough time to sleep. ( most residents can net 6-7 hours a night staying away from surgery). Assuming you don't have children and you have a stipend for food/takeout, and can manage your chores with your partner, you'll be fine.I can’t function on no sleep. I seriously don’t know how I’ll get through residency.
I made a thread on this a few years ago. Residency does give you just enough time to sleep. ( most residents can net 6-7 hours a night staying away from surgery). Assuming you don't have children and you have a stipend for food/takeout, and can manage your chores with your partner, you'll be fine.
Yes, this is exactly what happened. But hey, now I know a lot more then I need at this level lol And, as a medical lab tech with 6 years clinical experience, I feel as though I actually have more context to put it in to than most M1s let alone premeds so it actually makes a hell of a lot of sense in terms of the pathologies. I do not regret this happy little accident.Is this how you ended up accidentally paying for STEP study resources....![]()
Not a paid endoresment,but this program literally was my MCAT resource and I forgot to unsubscribe....So I paid for another year of the MCAT but I obvi didn't need it. After calling them they would not let me get a refund but they let me switch it to the USMLE step 1 so YOLO.omg wut?! what did u do @Mr. Dr. Prof. Patrick
Trust me, if you are successful enough to have enough interviews to where in flight wifi is even a concern, then this will be the least of your expenses.I guess everyone is FANCY. next year I’m gonna be watching the same movies on every flight cuz I’m broke asf
Best reason to go with Delta - they have both Cheez its AND almonds.@limeyguydr I’m sure you’ve had a ton of those weird Biscoff things. They’re really growing on me.
Same here, bruh....Every flight has a connection (no direct flights) and costs $150-$200 more....5 flights cost $2900.....My sad state has a tiny airport so I have two every time I fly out haha.
Same. I keep on mulling over whether to just uber or take a train to Logan, but I don’t want to try to get home from Boston at 1 am when I come back 🙁Same here, bruh....Every flight has a connection (no direct flights) and costs $150-$200 more....5 flights cost $2900.....
Honestly though, the round trip cost of the uber plus the extra time commitment balances out the flight price of flying out of *new haven?*Same. I keep on mulling over whether to just uber or take a train to Logan, but I don’t want to try to get home from Boston at 1 am when I come back 🙁
Yes, this is exactly what happened. But hey, now I know a lot more then I need at this level lol And, as a medical lab tech with 6 years clinical experience, I feel as though I actually have more context to put it in to than most M1s let alone premeds so it actually makes a hell of a lot of sense in terms of the pathologies. I do not regret this happy little accident.
Not a paid endoresment,but this program literally was my MCAT resource and I forgot to unsubscribe....So I paid for another year of the MCAT but I obvi didn't need it. After calling them they would not let me get a refund but they let me switch it to the USMLE step 1 so YOLO.
![]()
Ditki Medical & Biological Sciences
Draw It to Know It (DITKI) is an interactive learning platform offering whiteboard tutorials, quizzes, and atlases to help students and professionals master anatomy, biology, and medical sciences for coursework and board exam prep.drawittoknowit.com
Trust me, if you are successful enough to have enough interviews to where in flight wifi is even a concern, then this will be the least of your expenses.
Best reason to go with Delta - they have both Cheez its AND almonds.
Same here, bruh....Every flight has a connection (no direct flights) and costs $150-$200 more....5 flights cost $2900.....
WutHave you all seen the Being a Doctor is Unfair Thread in Medical Students DO. SMH
Honestly though, the round trip cost of the uber plus the extra time commitment balances out the flight price of flying out of *new haven?*
Are you flying out the night before your interview? Big power move!Close. My fine institution of lower learning is in the little square state a bit to the east.
I think the time thing is the big problem for me. I don’t want to add an extra half an hour at every junction (waiting for the train, waiting for the shuttle, arriving at the airport). Right now, I go to my 2:30 to 4 PM literature class, then take a 15 minute uber to airport with plenty of time for a 5:30 flight 😀
Are you flying out the night before your interview? Big power move!
All of my flights are 5 hours and 3 timezones ahead of me....So I HAVE to leave at 6 AM the day prior to my interview to make it....
Also speaking of my wonderful school, I met with my PI today (who is faculty at the med school), and he told me not to consider going there.Close. My fine institution of lower learning is in the little square state a bit to the east.
lol you and everyone else thinks that so don't worry 😉
I have now seen it and now I am a participant.![]()
Being a Doctor is unfair
Let me clarify. You get in the profession to help people, and in order to do so you sacrifice at least 7 years of your life into medicine. After that, you're dealing with the public image of "money hungry doctors looking to get every dollar they can get", people who will blame the healthcare...forums.studentdoctor.net
tftilooking forward to the summer meetup
So you are flying directly from your town, landing, going to interviews? Goddamn, that is a power move, my guy. Even with coast-to-coast? Flex it.Oh that must be the literal worst. My first coast-to-coast flight is on Thursday, but it’s great because the time difference means I arrive 3 hours earlier and the early morning interview becomes a late morning one B-)
I just checked and just since I have been an active participant in this thread (March) we have gone through 1/5 of all of the pages in this thread even though the thread has been around 6 years. By the end of the cycle, nearly half of the existence of this thread will have been the 2020 cycle lolAlso, lawd you people are out of control on here. I don't have the time to keep up with this.
Same some of these threads I'm like WHAT. You think a job where you're in the top 1-10% of all earners is unfair? I feel like some pre-meds and med students think the average salary for all people in the US is 500k+. It's not it's $46,800.I have now seen it and now I am a participant.
I love me my drama
So you are flying directly from your town, landing, going to interviews? Goddamn, that is a power move, my guy. Even with coast-to-coast? Flex it.
This idea kinda got lost - did we ever decide somewhere?looking forward to the summer meetup
I seem to remember you saying something about hiking in Kansas.This idea kinda got lost - did we ever decide somewhere?
I have been able to leave the day of towards Spokane after an interview twice. One of those got delayed by 15 minutes and requred an unplanned stay in Seattle overnight.....Spokane accepts no return flights after midnight so it is a major PITANo, I stay overnight because I NEED MY 8 HOURS :<. But I haven’t stayed more than 24 hours for a single interview yet.
I don't think Kansas has any hiking?I seem to remember you saying something about hiking in Kansas.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.