Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*

Started by mmmcdowe
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i wish i attended a big 10 school just for the school spirit in general/game day (tailgates😍). Im also glad i didnt pay the loans for one lmao.

@Jeremy what event(s) did you run?

edit this is not the jeremy i wanted to tag 🤣 I hope the right one sees the post
Not sure if I liked or disliked the school spirit when I was in Ann Arbor...school spirit is a new concept to me...

How does school spirit feel?
 
@Jeremy what event(s) did you run?

edit this is not the jeremy i wanted to tag 🤣 I hope the right one sees the post
Oh god, definitely not a runner. But I will stop there on a public thread because I'm easy enough to dox as it is lol

edit: I love that you just necro-tagged a user last seen in the year of our lord two thousand and twelve
 
Oh god, definitely not a runner. But I will stop there on a public thread because I'm easy enough to dox as it is lol
I mean if memelord hasnt been hit offline yet, then I think youre safe in all regards 😆

Not sure if I liked or disliked the school spirit when I was in Ann Arbor...school spirit is a new concept to me...

How does school spirit feel?

Its just a positive environment, however it definitely caters to binge drinkers and partyers which I def was at one point lol. My best friend was at UMich UG and he loved it. You dont attend every game/tailgate but it was cool knowing there was something to do literally every single saturday with many many of your peers if you wanted to especially if the school is good at both football and basketball (fall/winter). It is sometimes sad however that kids will drink too hard and then not even go to the game lol, kinda defeats the purpose of getting ready to scream and shout for your team.

However I went to the Mich v Ohio state game home at UMich and it was crazy lol. 110k people in that stadium for a college football game- never experienced that in my life
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I mean if memelord hasnt been hit offline yet, then I think youre safe in all regards 😆



Its just a positive environment, however it definitely caters to binge drinkers and partyers which I def was at one point lol. My best friend was at UMich UG and he loved it. You dont attend every game/tailgate but it was cool knowing there was something to do literally every single saturday with many many of your peers if you wanted to especially if the school is good at both football and basketball (fall/winter). It is sometimes sad however that kids will drink too hard and then not even go to the game lol, kinda defeats the purpose of getting ready to scream and shout for your team.

However I went to the Mich v Ohio state game home at UMich and it was crazy lol. 110k people in that stadium for a college football game- never experienced that in my life
Tailgating and then skipping the game is a power5 football tradition, I will not have you sully the good name of getting up at 8 AM to pregame a 9 AM tailgate for a noon game that you sleep through so that you can rally and go out that night

I swear I'm not an alcoholic
 
Tailgating and then skipping the game is a power5 football tradition, I will not have you sully the good name of getting up at 8 AM to pregame a 9 AM tailgate for a noon game that you sleep through so that you can rally and go out that night

I swear I'm not an alcoholic
I only added the negative statement so as to not show my true colors. This is the real power move 😆 😆
 
My school mostly sucked at sports so ours bribed us to go to games by making tickets free and sometimes giving away free stuff.

We started to get good at hockey my senior year so I went to a bunch of games, and last year during my gap year, I even paid to go to games when they were away. Ended up being a pretty historic season!

I think they somewhat bribe us too? But we are always last place in our sports league in every sport.
 
I think they somewhat bribe us too? But we are always last place in our sports league in every sport.
I don’t think my school bribes students to attend any sporting games… They do bribe us to attend the on-campus lecture series. Like the biology and chemistry classes get out extra credit for showing up and turning in a paper about whatever the research topic was. Otherwise, no one would show up. However, I think I prefer the incentivization science as opposed to sports...
 
I do not give 8 cans of shark **** about sports. I like going to baseball games. That's it.
I primarily care about my own sport and the US women's national soccer team. But as long as I have someone to root for and am actually paying attention to the game, I <3 sport.

Edit: but I don't really "follow" any sports/teams (other than USWNT), I just enjoy watching or attending games/races
 
Also I passed my faculty-written finals. Hallelujah.
1570117050596.gif
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don’t think my school bribes students to attend any sporting games… They do bribe us to attend the on-campus lecture series. Like the biology and chemistry classes get out extra credit for showing up and turning in a paper about whatever the research topic was. Otherwise, no one would show up. However, I think I prefer the incentivization science as opposed to sports...
That’s the way to go! I wish we had more of that here, but it seems like we have enough try-hards to populate our lectures.
 
Only sports team I routinely attend (mostly because the women’s season tickets are like...$60 and my dad always buys 6 of them lol....men’s games are like $500 for the same seats....)

I love going to the women's games, so fun. My dad gets season tickets too! Would love to go to the men's games, but yeah its a little out of reach...
 
Ahahah I did! I've been found out. And I would've gotten away with it, if it weren't for you meddling kids! :laugh:

That's actually such an impressive memory
I mean, we know that you're one of the "smarter sports." If we really wanted to, I'm sure we could figure it out from there hah.
 
I mean, the hoop has to be out of reach, that is the point of having y’all players lol (is joke)

This will date me, but once I walked into the weight room for a workout and walked smack into Axel Dench's waist...the hoop was not out of reach for him!

Edit: He also played a Wookie extra in one of the newer Star Wars movies lol
 
Tailgating and then skipping the game is a power5 football tradition, I will not have you sully the good name of getting up at 8 AM to pregame a 9 AM tailgate for a noon game that you sleep through so that you can rally and go out that night

I swear I'm not an alcoholic
Lol at my school everyone goes so hard at the tailgate that they pass out and can't make it to the game.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Y'ALL!!!!! I am at 8978. Ready your "OVER 9000" memes, yuh boi getting there some time around mid afternoon today.
 
You all take sports so seriously.

I bet no more than 20% of my class has been to more than one official sporting event here, and I'd reckon a good half hasn't been to a single one.

EDIT: I went to one football game after orientation week, and I don't plan on going to any more.
When you have a school with almost 30k+ students, and a city with not too much to do, sports is the one thing we can all get behind :laugh:

Don't let em know I've only been to two football games tho
 
Comparing (Venzuela....? Costa Rica....?) to neverland? Classy.

Also, favorite part of any disney movie was in the princess and the frog when the little fly dies and he becomes the second star to the right....
Venezuela is neither in Central America nor a viable place to live at the moment, Mr. Dr. Prof.
 
So on a random note I applied to a couple of jobs to get some experience and of course $$$. A lady from a job I applied to last night called me today. But then I got a second phone call and I thought it was a potential employer. But nope just a debt collector so I hung up and blocked the number.
 
Elevation is already there. I am at 740 meters. Second floor, back left of the open space with all of the whiteboard tables, bout 30 feet from both the left wall and 30ft away from the floor to cielieng windows. Bring me some Thomas Hammer (Caramel Machiato, extra caramel, kids temp).

Sorry we don't have Thomas Hammer in Seattle, and it would be colder than kids temp by time I got there.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So uber is in the process of getting uber air (helicopters) cuz ya know, why not. It's to transport people from Manhattan to JFK but still.
So, helicopter services actually used to routinely service Manhatten. That is why so many skyscrapers built in the 50s-70s have flat roofs or a helipad. The services ran around 3 dozen routes. They fell out of service after an accident in which one copter had a blade op off and chop passengers up. This brought to light how the aircraft were being over worked and went without maintenance. This new service by Uber is actually just bringing a decades old concept back to life but with better technology and more oversight.
 
Okay you guys I need your help with something very important. Do I get waffle fries, regular fries or onion rings? I've never had onion rings and want to try it but do want to waste my money if it sucks. Do you guys think it's despicable? I know tastebuds differ and all, but rate the above mentioned fries from 1-3 with 1 being the best.
 
Okay you guys I need your help with something very important. Do I get waffle fries, regular fries or onion rings? I've never had onion rings and want to try it but do want to waste my money if it sucks. Do you guys think it's despicable? I know tastebuds differ and all, but rate the above mentioned fries from 1-3 with 1 being the best.
Onion rings > Waffle fries >>> regular fries


Exceptions: Onion rings from hooters and TGIF are terrible, Frozen Food aisle sweet potato waffle fries beat them all, and regular fries from zips when paired with fry sauce OR wendys fries paired with a chocolate frosty as dipping sauce is best.