Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just like in medicine, keep up with what you can and accept it will move faster than you can keep upBut then so much can happen
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just like in medicine, keep up with what you can and accept it will move faster than you can keep upBut then so much can happen
Lol I still live with my parents not by choice.For you guys talking about seeing your parents- I guess it depends. Some of you guys are already living away from home all the time. But for some college students, they still wanna be totally connected with their family. And in med school, some of us want to be at home as much as possible, but I guess it varies. I do think those long breaks in college are actually for students to have the option to be home for a good portion of the year, as opposed to be almost always away. I guess for med school, those " training wheels" are off. I think family is a big part of who we are.
What discord?Anyone interested in the discord that has not joined, PM me!
The sdn discordWhat discord?
I'd like to join but I don't know who can add me?The sdn discord
Redacted famShhhhh family dinners are not public affairs!
+1 famRedacted fam
Want me to snap enterococcus? Wake him up?We need more people on the west coast. I can't sleep. Wake up everyone! lol
I do, I sleep often. Can’t right now because my wife has a sinus infection and is snoring like a lawn mowerDo you ever sleep lol? It feels like you're on here more than me, and that's saying something XD
I think he is going to investigate the famDon't wake @Enterococcus! He's got a big day tomorrow (er today...also, don't forget to post in the food thread! You know we are all living vicariously through you, fam!).
@google12 are you on the west coast, too?
Matthew is going to be SO confused when he wakes up and sees the lack of posts from tonight lol
Poor Mrs. Memes. Make her soup and tea tomorrow!!I do, I sleep often. Can’t right now because my wife has a sinus infection and is snoring like a lawn mower
Fun fact - there's a netflix series called...."the family." It's about a christian org with a lot of political power. I watched a few eps, then I started getting freaked out by HOW much power, so I stopped watching it.I think he is going to investigate the fam
I have a feeling that's what I'll end up doing today. Maybe take some benadryl tomorrow night to make sure I get some sleep.I'm closer to east coast. It's 4-5 am here and I'm pulling an all nighter so I can fix my sleep schedule once and for all lol
so proud of you and all of your iis!I'm closer to east coast. It's 4-5 am here and I'm pulling an all nighter so I can fix my sleep schedule once and for all lol
I'm sure you did great! We're always our worst critics! Aw thanks! Late January! I've got a while!Thanks! I kinda messed up my first interview (I think but maybe it went well idk) so I need to do well on these other ones in the coming weeks lol.
When's your interview? And with that many secondaries completed you're probably going to get a ton soon as well!
I had a MS4 interview me on Monday and he basically told me I was going to be the class mom and I should accept it now. Ugh. I hope I'm more like the cool aunt or something
How do y'all know I am not an ADCOM at Rocky Vista? hmmm
I know it isn't intentional. That is why I gotta double text, to remind you to give me the attention I crave.
We have a discord now. It's the better social threadI have no idea what’s happening in here anymore. I log on when I take a study break and respond to a few posts and then see there are like 3 pages I’m behind and just say fork it and leave.
It is the much more rapid and honest to god a little stressful social thread. I don’t have time to collect my thoughts and produce the ideal reaction gif on there.We have a discord now. It's the better social thread
Same!!!It is the much more rapid and honest to god a little stressful social thread. I don’t have time to collect my thoughts and produce the ideal reaction gif on there.
It feels more conversational imoIt is the much more rapid and honest to god a little stressful social thread. I don’t have time to collect my thoughts and produce the ideal reaction gif on there.
It is the much more rapid and honest to god a little stressful social thread. I don’t have time to collect my thoughts and produce the ideal reaction gif on there.
Can someone PM me the discord server? If anyone was gonna get me to make a discord, I guess it would be SDN, lol
I am all for staying in the social threadIt is the much more rapid and honest to god a little stressful social thread. I don’t have time to collect my thoughts and produce the ideal reaction gif on there.
Here it is safe and warmI am all for staying in the social thread
We can do a lil of both. It's great because with my attention span and proclivity for ignoring work for SDN, I will never work again.I am all for staying in the social thread
I wish Delta would stop sending me emails about purchasing a seat before the flight. There is a reason why Im taking 6am flights and purchasing a seat certainly isnt going to help the cause.![]()
We can do a lil of both. It's great because with my attention span and proclivity for ignoring work for SDN, I will never work again.
I already gave work my notice. Its a full time job keeping up w all u
Hope it pays!
You mean you aren’t getting paid for your sdn forum thread appearances?!?
Are you fam?I am totally getting paid, just not in money. Tons of non-monetized value here lol (or maybe its just an investment in our futures!!!)
“Sleep deprivation therapy” is a thing!Totally unrelated, but I just realized something:
Do you ever notice that below a certain level of sleep (5-6 hour mark) , you actually don't feel anxiety in the same way? It's almost like...you're too tired to be stressed ,either mentally or with physical symptoms like headaches, etc.
When I took my MCAT I was super tired and was nauseous ( that's a little tougher to make go away) but even though I couldn't have caffeine or painkillers I didn't have as bad of a headache as I'd anticipated.
Yeah I think it's why people in school are sometimes fine even with minimal sleep- there's a point where being tired keeps you calm, almost? If that makes sense...I'm finally realizing that's how that works...“Sleep deprivation therapy” is a thing!
@Matthew9Thirtyfive the fam misses you. On that note, wanna be fam?
Are you fam?
In slightly relevant news ( having to do with stress and such)- do you guys find conditioning/weight lifting to be as effective at stress relief as aerobics?I'm doing that ruminating thing again today.
Ugh.
Yeah, love to pick stuff up and put it back down. I find weights really satisfying and stress relieving.In slightly relevant news ( having to do with stress and such)- do you guys find conditioning/weight lifting to be as effective at stress relief as aerobics?
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.