***Official Roseman University Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Does anyone know when orientation & classes start?
I think orientation is on Aug. 7th and classes start Aug. 14th.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Are they still "giving" you guys an iPad?
Think so! As Indy0993 said it's quoted in our tuition.
I was also wondering about another question, maybe the current students could answer me please. I know it's way too early to think/worry about this but I believe we will take our board part 1 during the summer after 1st year and then part 2 after we are done with the 4th year?! Are the board exams we take in Utah also valid in CA?

Think so! As Indy0993 said it's quoted in our tuition.
I was also wondering about another question, maybe the current students could answer me please. I know it's way too early to think/worry about this but I believe we will take our board part 1 during the summer after 1st year and then part 2 after we are done with the 4th year?! Are the board exams we take in Utah also valid in CA?

You are right about nbde part 1. You take it after first year. Nbde part 2 between 3rd and 4th year. roseman sponsors wreb which is accepted in ca. In other words, you are covered.

Aren't the board accepted in all states now? I thought that was just passed? My dad is on the Indiana State Board of Dentistry and this is what I understood from what he told me.

Aren't the board accepted in all states now? I thought that was just passed? My dad is on the Indiana State Board of Dentistry and this is what I understood from what he told me.

So there's two boards you need to take. NBDE I believe is only one part now. That's the national board which all dental students need to take. It's a multiple choice board you take at prometric.

Then there's Licensing boards which is nerb/wreb/etc. these are written and clinical. You use this to apply for a license in the state it's accepted in.

Hopefully it's a little more clear now?

Reactions: 2 users
Also, I'm also not sure about this, but I think you need to pass nbde to graduate dental school

Hi! Does anyone know if we can keep the ipad and laptop after we graduate or we have to give them back lol

Wait... What if we already have our own laptop, do we have to still get it? Is it an Apple laptop?!! Haha

It is a dell laptop. If you have your own laptop, now you have two. Sorry.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol I guess so!
You can sell it though. It's your computer. Do whatever you want with it. I personally didn't because the 4 year warranty is amazing. You can pretty much smash your laptop with a sledge hammer and they will replace it

People who already interviewed and got accepted, how long was it before you got your call? I interviewed on February 10th, and im just curious how long it normally takes.

People who already interviewed and got accepted, how long was it before you got your call? I interviewed on February 10th, and im just curious how long it normally takes.
It took them 6 days for me, I've spoken to some people also that interviewed on Feb 10 who have already been accepted. For some it took them a little over a week or two, but also you could find out later on down the road to as people accept/reject their offers.

Hey Mohammad, I remember interviewing with you. I got my acceptance the Wednesday after our interview. I turned in the Post-Interview Homework on Monday after the interview. Hope you get in!

Accepted!! I interview on Friday the 10th and got the call on the very next Monday 2/13! I can't wait to meet everybody!

Congrats! I met you briefly during lunch. When are you moving to Utah?

I'm probably moving there latest late June. What about you? And what's you name?? Just so I can remember who you are from the lunch....and congrats to you on getting accepted!!

I had my interview Feb. 10- turned in my stuff Tuesday... heard back Wednesday. Hope that helps!

I also interviewed with you on 2/10/17. I submitted the essay that weekend (Sunday 2/12) and I heard back on Monday 2/13.

Is the homework assignment something that gets added to your app to basically help them make a decision on your application after interviewing?

wait are you talking about the essay at the end of the interview?

You were allowed to turn it in after the interview?
We were given the information and we had to write an essay on our experience with Roseman/the interview day. The essay also included how we felt we were a good fit for Roseman. We were given two weeks to turn it in, however I doubt anyone turned it in later than a couple days after. It was not an essay written on interview day, I've been to interviews that I had to do that as well. It was an "outside of interview day" assignment.

We were given the information and we had to write an essay on our experience with Roseman/the interview day. The essay also included how we felt we were a good fit for Roseman. We were given two weeks to turn it in, however I doubt anyone turned it in later than a couple days after. It was not an essay written on interview day, I've been to interviews that I had to do that as well. It was an "outside of interview day" assignment.
Whaaaaa... roseman, you've changed bro

Hey guys! Does anyone know how much housing/rent is near campus?

Depends a lot on what your'e looking for. I looked recently and I want to say that a 3 bedroom apartment within walking distance was $1600 after utilities and the 2 bedroom was $1350.
South Jordan (Where the school is) is a nicer suburb of Salt Lake. The prices are pretty high for a Salt Lake suburb but its also nice. If you're looking for cheaper, the more south or southwest you go it'll drop a few hundred dollars. Sandy is kind of ghetto (ghetto in Utah standards) but cheap. Draper is ok, Riverton is usually a little cheaper. But all of these places are farther away from the city if that's important to you. Mostly conservative families.

I want to say that a third of my class commutes from downtown Salt Lake or Sugarhouse. 25 minutes commute in the morning maybe? maybe less.

check out KSL. People use it in Utah a lot more than craigslist. go to KSL.com and click on "homes" on the top right and then "for rent" on the left. That'll get an idea at least.

Reactions: 1 users
also rooms for rent start at $400 and I would say $700 is on the very high side.

Any more people in here from 2/10 or 2/20 interview date that has gotten feedback lately (accepted, rejected, waitlisted...)? Just curious since I haven't seen much of a movement lately. Thanks!

anybody know how many seats are in the upcoming class?

i didnt know if it was 82 or 84, some people on friday mentioned 84..just curious

If you're looking for a place. Try the classifieds on Ksl.com

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I don't remember them giving us a set time they said they would start notifying people, but some people found out as early as Monday and some in weeks

Does any of the current/former students know what size Dell laptop we are getting? 13", 14", 15"?!!

might take a little longer since they are comparing it with previous weeks as this was the last interview date

i got my invite on the 16th and asked for a later date than the 24th, they said no because it was the last date available. still waiting for movement and others to come forward saying they have been accepted from the february 24th interview date. my guess would be sometime between wednesday to friday...fingers crossed.