Official Touro Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread

They could be possibly waiting till Feb 1st to respond. According to ADEA if you are offered an acceptance between Dec 1 and Jan 31 you have 30 days to respond but if you are offered on Feb 1st of after you have 15 days to respond. So they might be waiting the extra week so we have less time to respond and they can fill their class faster. But idk I'm trying to come up with reasons as to why I haven't heard back yet so I am probably wrong haha

Members don't see this ad.

Coming from an urban background, I welcomed the change of pace and I was particularly interested in their emphasis on behavioral sciences and management integrated into their curriculum. Basically that regardless of where I went, I would learn how to practice. But knowing how to manage a successful practice was not in a typical curriculum from what I've looked into and that was something that stood out to me and would be of considerable use. Having a minor in business also made me appreciate that aspect quite a bit.

I'm sure other schools might have that management aspect to some degree but I'm not too familiar with any others.

Where did you find the information about the emphasis on behavioral sciences and management integrated into their curriculum? I've been combing their website but I haven't seen that? Am I just checking at the wrong section of the site lol?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you email the admissions commitee asking for status update after your interview?!
No I didn't. I only emailed them a couple days before I got my acceptance :) so I waited pretty much 4ish weeks before emailing.

No I didn't. I only emailed them a couple days before I got my acceptance :) so I waited pretty much 4ish weeks before emailing.

Thanks a bunch!! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Where did you find the information about the emphasis on behavioral sciences and management integrated into their curriculum? I've been combing their website but I haven't seen that? Am I just checking at the wrong section of the site lol?

Here you go, its on the bottom portion of the page. I had spoken to my interviewer briefly to elaborate on the matter as well since the page is lacking but its not too different from what you'd expect from a management class.
https://dental.touro.edu/dds-program/basic-sciences/

Anyone interviewing this wednesday afternoon and wanna share an Uber to LGA?

Interviewed 1/18 and got the acceptance email 1/20.

Reactions: 2 users
Stats? and r u going to go here?
22AA; 22TS; 21 PAT; 3.8 gpa; 3.9 sgpa
And I have Nyu interview Thursday so I will see which I like better.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Does Touro have a white coat ceremony? If so, when? lol just wondering.

Reactions: 1 users
Just finished interviewing. Had a great time!

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile

Interviewed 1/11
Accepted 1/12

Loved the school!
Awaiting response from Columbia (1/13) and yet to interview at UCSF (2/3)

Reactions: 3 users
To everyone who has interviewed with no response regarding decisions yet:
I understand it is soooo painful and worrisome to wait. I had to wait ONE MONTH for my acceptance. This is how it appears to work: The people with high stats good interviews get in within a couple days. The committee then gathers to make decisions for the rest of the interviewees. I got my acceptance after a month! So please hang in there I know it's hard but it's gonna be worth the wait after a few weeks for crazy overthinking and checking emails haha. Good luck everyone !!

Reactions: 5 users
I understand it is soooo painful and worrisome to wait. I had to wait ONE MONTH for my acceptance. This is how it appears to work: The people with high stats good interviews get in within a couple days. The committee then gathers to make decisions for the rest of the interviewees. I got my acceptance after a month! So please hang in there I know it's hard but it's gonna be worth the wait after a few weeks for crazy overthinking and checking emails haha. Good luck everyone !!
Thank you RS2224 :) Your advice is greatly appreciated ;)

For people who have already heard back- have any of you gotten waitlisted or rejected? Is getting waitlisted more common than a straight up rejection, or have both rejections and waitlisted been common decisions given by Touro so far in the cycle? I just wanna get an idea of what to expect, since I know some schools such as NYU usually waitlist interviewees instead of giving out straight up rejections

Thank you for this! Do you suggest perhaps sending an update email to the committee in hopes of increasing your chances of an acceptance?

Send updates, James is really nice about adding it to your app file

What do you mean by "send updates?" Is this on top of the academic update?

What do you mean by "send updates?" Is this on top of the academic update?

So basically if there is anything new that you've accomplished since your application that isn't academic (like classes/grades), you can email them an update. For example, if you won any awards or new leadership position, completed more volunteer/shadowing hours/anything of that nature. They'll add that information to your file.

For those of you accepted, what time of the day did you receive the email? Just so I don't drive myself crazy refreshing my email every 5 seconds....:nailbiting:

For those of you accepted, what time of the day did you receive the email? Just so I don't drive myself crazy refreshing my email every 5 seconds....:nailbiting:
About 10:30 AM.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I received mine at about 12 eastern time

Has anyone who interviewed on 1/25 heard back yet? Is it possible that they are waiting for Feb 1st to give out next round of acceptances?

Has anyone who interviewed on 1/25 heard back yet? Is it possible that they are waiting for Feb 1st to give out next round of acceptances?

Interviewed 1/25, didn't hear anything. I was thinking the same. If they wait a few business days, they are at the advantage.

Did anyone who recently interviewed catch how long they said it would take to hear back from them? I don't recall them explicitly saying anything about that and I didn't ask about it either

Does anyone here think that touro grads will have problems attaining GPR's?

I guess we're looking at a possible acceptance wave between Feb 1-4, when the deposit time frame change?

Anyone know how long touro takes to give decisions for January interviewees?