Official Touro Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread

For anyone that has recently interviewed have they said approx how long it will take to get back to you with an answer? I am still waiting to hear back but I guess the fact that interviews are coming to an end means we will start hearing back
If you had your interview in January, then I believe it was 4-6 weeks to hear back after your interview according to my friends. The people who received their acceptances a few days after their interview are chosen if the ADCOMS believes the applicant will attend their school. Almost all the interviewees in my group were asked what other schools and acceptances they currently thinking about. Since Touro is a brand new dental school, they prioritize filling their seats first asap.

Members don't see this ad.

If you had your interview in January, then I believe it was 4-6 weeks to hear back after your interview according to my friends. The people who received their acceptances a few days after their interview are chosen if the ADCOMS believes the applicant will attend their school. Almost all the interviewees in my group were asked what other schools and acceptances they currently thinking about. Since Touro is a brand new dental school, they prioritize filling their seats first asap.

Late late January interviewee here. I agree with you for the most part, but my interviewer asked none of those questions. It could have been that our personality kinda matched (we were both low-key shy lol).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Late late January interviewee here. I agree with you for the most part, but my interviewer asked none of those questions. It could have been that our personality kinda matched (we were both low-key shy lol).
I interviewed pre december and I guess at the time they were looking for committed applicants. Since you interviewed late January, I assume they already sent all of the acceptances and waiting for deposits to be sent. Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Will this school send any more interview invites?
Did you try calling the admissions office at 914-594-3003? I'm sure they are still giving out interviews for February. I'm not 100% sure if they plan to do the same for March. Good luck

Did you try calling the admissions office at 914-594-3003? I'm sure they are still giving out interviews for February. I'm not 100% sure if they plan to do the same for March. Good luck

I did call them a few times, most recent one being a week ago. I've provided updates through email as well.
I hope for some good news.

I did call them a few times, most recent one being a week ago. I've provided updates through email as well.
I hope for some good news.
I'm assuming you are waiting for an interview invite based on your posts. I hope you get one soon, especially when Touro interview nearly 5-6 times the number of seats. Good luck

I think there was an earlier post that said the last interview date was feb. 15. If that's the case then they're probably done interviewing. :(
It's not February 15 yet. Give their admissions office a call at 914-594-3003 in the morning around 10-11am eastern time. They always pick up during that time. Ask them if they are still handing out interview invites. Stay positive and good luck

For anyone that has recently interviewed have they said approx how long it will take to get back to you with an answer? I am still waiting to hear back but I guess the fact that interviews are coming to an end means we will start hearing back

Hey I interviewed January 25th and they told me a week later! Specifically 8 days but it was a fairly quick turn around and I knew another girl who also got in that day as me and interviewed with me

Just declined my offer of acceptance! Hope it goes to someone eagerly waiting! Best of luck.

Reactions: 5 users
I think there was an earlier post that said the last interview date was feb. 15. If that's the case then they're probably done interviewing. :(

I just checked out Touro Dental webpage and they stated they conduct interview from November through March.
I will call them and ask too.
Anyone else waiting to receive interview invites from this school?

https://dental.touro.edu/admissions--aid/interviews/

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know when people on the waitlist will hear? I would assume April but hopefully sooner.

I have an interview on feb 15 I am staying in La Quinta anyone else is doing the same maybe we will walk together to the school ... !?

Rejected without interview this morning. The thing that I did not like was how the email implied that I should apply again next year with a better application because I already got into other schools including my dream school. Just my thoughts

Rejected without interview this morning. The thing that I did not like was how the email implied that I should apply again next year with a better application because I already got into other schools including my dream school. Just my thoughts
I have some salt with this school too. During my interview, which I traveled across the country for, the bulk of the conversation was just what other schools I interviewed at already. Oh well, I also got into my dream school, so no skin off our backs.

I have some salt with this school too. During my interview, which I traveled across the country for, the bulk of the conversation was just what other schools I interviewed at already. Oh well, I also got into my dream school, so no skin off our backs.

Congrats on your dream school!!

I have a feeling they're going to send out more acceptances right after the feb 15th interview! Crossing my fingers to hear good news!!

Don't let it bother you, each school cares about different things, if you look at ASDOH for example, you can have 30 DAT and 4.0 but without ridiculous amount of volunteer hours they won't consider you...
And most importantly, you got into your dream school!! :) can't ask better than that, and don't let anything bring you down!

Reactions: 1 users
Don't let it bother you, each school cares about different things, if you look at ASDOH for example, you can have 30 DAT and 4.0 but without ridiculous amount of volunteer hours they won't consider you...
And most importantly, you got into your dream school!! :) can't ask better than that, and don't let anything bring you down!
Thank you so much :)

Has anyone emailed admissions and gotten a reply back?

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile

Waitlisted as well, interviewed January 25th!

Interviewed Jan 18th, and waitlisted! :(

Waitlisted....UGH! :( Did anyone actually get accepted? Maybe they're putting everyone on the waitlist now? I can't imagine that their class is already full...

Hello everyone if you don't mind me asking the people who got waitlisted when did u guys interview?

Hey. Did anyone receive a transcript update email post-interview? I interviewed on 02/15.

To all the people who got waitlisted don't worry at all! Touro has a pretty large class and a lot of people who got accepted are still waiting to hear back from other schools

How are you guys updating your application (to get off the waitlist)? Sending in extra rec letters?

Does anyone know how many spots Touro has left?
Only the admissions board members know. Not everyone is added to the Facebook group. There are 77 at the moment out of ~112.

I was told they won't look at the waitlisted until April 1

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile

Also they don't know the current class size because its fluctuating