Official Touro Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Has anyone in here accepted their acceptance to Touro??

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anybody else that interviewed today can share their experience?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody else that interviewed today can share their experience?

My interview was yesterday, I dont know how i feel about it. It was a really strange interview, He didnt ask anything other that what was already on my application, about my parents education, the doctors I shadowed, no ethics questions, no tell me about your self.
The only thing he asked me was, if there was anything I wanted him to tell the admissions committee on my behalf, so be ready for that.
The school is really nice, obviously brand new, current students were very open to answer any questions.

My interview was yesterday, I dont know how i feel about it. It was a really strange interview, He didnt ask anything other that what was already on my application, about my parents education, the doctors I shadowed, no ethics questions, no tell me about your self.
The only thing he asked me was, if there was anything I wanted him to tell the admissions committee on my behalf, so be ready for that.
The school is really nice, obviously brand new, current students were very open to answer any questions.
I had the same experience yesterday. I wonder if we had the same interviewer. To be honest the interview experience really turned me off from the school. I can't believe that I flew to NY for it.

Last edited:
I had the same experience yesterday. I wonder if we had the same interviewer. To be honest the interview experience really turned me off from the school. I can't believe that I flew to NY for it.

Dr. Rosenblum?

Oh wow! I am sorry you guys had that experience! It's opposite from what I read earlier in the thread about how relaxed the interview is. I hope you guys hear good news and get accepted. Do you thing there is something I should know before going? tips or hints?

Oh wow! I am sorry you guys had that experience! It's opposite from what I read earlier in the thread about how relaxed the interview is. I hope you guys hear good news and get accepted. Do you thing there is something I should know before going? tips or hints?

It was a very relaxing interview and wasn't stressful one bit. I was more disappointed that I spent the money to fly from the west coast to talk about things irrelevant to myself or my application. Be sure you can answer why Touro though. My interviewer asked me that and even threw in the fact that it was a new school without a reputation.

has anyone contacted admissions office via phone or email with an actual response? I call and there is no answer ever

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I just got accepted after interviewing yesterday. I'm turning it down though. I was accepted to UNLV yesterday and will be attending there. Good luck to those still waiting to hear back.

ACCEPTED !!!! interviewed 12/14

Reactions: 3 users
It says on the acceptance letter that "We look forward to you joining us as a member of the inaugural class of 2021."

I'm assuming that is some kind of typo or what?

I know there is already some info on this, but i'm wondering if anyone can share how the interview is? Like what categories of questions they focus on, such as personal questions about yourself, ethics questions, situational questions, questions about your application? And is it laid back in nature or more structured?

I know there is already some info on this, but i'm wondering if anyone can share how the interview is? Like what categories of questions they focus on, such as personal questions about yourself, ethics questions, situational questions, questions about your application? And is it laid back in nature or more structured?
My interview was super laid back. My interviewer and I talked about ourselves and it was such a genuine conversation. They show so much interest in your hobbies and experiences OUTSIDE of dentistry. They literally only want to get to know you. I wasn't asked a thing about GPA, dat, or any dental related/cliche question (no why dentistry, why Touro).

I asked him about his life etc and he explained to me a bunch of cool concepts in dentistry that related to my hobbies. Just know why you wanna go to this school and really as cliche as it sounds, be yourself cause they really take interest in you as a person.

Reactions: 1 users

I had the "if there was anything you'd like to tell the admissions committee" question as well. From what I got, that kind of setting is to see how well you can think on your feet and essentially lead the direction of your own interview. It can sometimes give the interviewer a more well rounded view of you instead of straight forward question answer question answer. That was just my opinion though :p

Hey guys, are there any Canadians here who have heard back from Touro?

Not related to interviews.
If you had option between touro and NYU, which one will you choose?

I'd choose Touro personally. Smaller class size, less expensive, newer facilities and personally, I prefer the suburbs over the city. NYU may have a "better rep," but the above mentioned factors would outweigh reputation/longevity for me. Anywhere you attend, you're going to have the skills needed to become a great dentist. And we all know that the "real learning" occurs in the field (and not so much in the classroom). I think Touro is destined to be a fine institution.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, will there be a place to keep our carry-on?
I don't think they have a dedicated room for luggage. On my interview day people left it in the presentation room the whole time. There was always somebody there though.

anyone that interviewed with Dr. Fink did you just send a thank you email to the admissions email address?

Is it too late to apply at Touro considering that they have a FEb 1 deadline?

Can someone tell me a bit more about their accreditation status? All I know is that they have "initial accreditation". Should anyone who matriculates here be worried? Thanks :)

Can someone tell me a bit more about their accreditation status? All I know is that they have "initial accreditation". Should anyone who matriculates here be worried? Thanks :)

No, you should not be worried. As Likkriue said before, "They proved to the accreditation team that they have a sufficient patient pool. Thats good enough for me." It's one of the requirements to prove that the area is underserved and needs a dental school.

To also quote Likkriue in another thread: "UNE is also not fully accredited and people are still applying by the boatloads and don't bring this accreditation crap as much."

I've also posted in some other Touro related thread:

Also in terms of the "name", I've found that there are plenty of dental schools that current professionals have never heard of. And that's completely fine! They're still great schools. So many people still apply to them. However, generally speaking when you mention "NY Med" amongst the medical community you get the "oh wow".

I got an interview scheduled for Feb. 15. If anyone wants to share a room lemme know!

Anyone that interviewed yesterday hear anything yet? :) It was a great day and experience!

Just got the email!! I interviewed two days ago! So happy to finally get my first acceptance. Good luck to everyone else!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how many are accepted after their interview at Touro?

I know few other d schools have about 3:10 accepted : interviewed ratio, which makes this screening procedure still nerve wrecking.

Anyone else who interviewed last Wednesday (1/18) not hear back yet? Kinda starting to bug :/

Okay cool. Thanks. Best of luck to you.

It took me a month to get my acceptance so hang tight lol

Did you email the admissions commitee asking for status update after your interview?!