Official Touro Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Same! Are you driving there or getting a room close for the night? I'm excited to finally meet people I could be going to school with!
I'm flying in the night before and reserved a rental car. Although I'm not sure if I'm going to do the rental. It depends how much snow, if there is any on the ground. I'm not too comfortable driving a rental in the snow. If that's the case I may just Uber. I'm staying at the Hyatt House which is down the street from the school.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone applied in september and still haven't heard back yet?

Anyone else who interviewed 12/14 hear back? I know people are hearing back at various times but just wondering lol

I interviewed 11/30 and still heard nothing. I would have thought they would at least alert us if we got waitlisted/ rejected by now.

Reactions: 1 users
anyone get accepted today or are they on break?

anyone get accepted today or are they on break?
So if we don't hear anything by tomorrow we'll have to wait till after the New Year? This is ridiculous. I really hope we hear back like within 48 hours.

So if we don't hear anything by tomorrow we'll have to wait till after the New Year? This is ridiculous. I really hope we hear back like within 48 hours.

How is this ridiculous? Plenty of schools leave applicants hanging for months. It's the norm.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
How is this ridiculous? Plenty of schools leave applicants hanging for months. It's the norm.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
How is that not ridiculous? Considering we're paying thousands to get emails to "not contact schools about our status or updates" ... waiting endlessly for interviews.. the least they can do is tell us an approximate time frame of when to hear a response. It's only a question of our life for the next half a decade. No one is saying to give the exact date, time, and second.. but the least they can do is tell us a general/reasonable week to hear back cause I don't think its fun wondering about this, ESPECIALLY during the holidays.

Reactions: 1 user
How is that not ridiculous? Considering we're paying thousands to get emails to "not contact schools about our status or updates" ... waiting endlessly for interviews.. the least they can do is tell us an approximate time frame of when to hear a response. It's only a question of our life for the next half a decade. No one is saying to give the exact date, time, and second.. but the least they can do is tell us a general/reasonable week to hear back cause I don't think its fun wondering about this, ESPECIALLY during the holidays.
totally agree with you especially given the fact that their jobs are sustained by our money, blood, sweat, and tears

Soooo any news for anyone who interviewed 12/14?

Soooo any news for anyone who interviewed 12/14?
some students got accepted a day after their interview, but notthing after that. I think they are off for break now.

some students got accepted a day after their interview, but notthing after that. I think they are off for break now.
from sdn it sounded like only three people got in from those interviewed dec 14. That is what i find interesting

I can definitely understand your anxiety to hear back, some people hear very quick, as in the next day, some people hear relatively quick, such as by the end of the following week from their interview and some hear later on. Try to stick to the saying "no news=good news" makes it better. I haven't heard anything from Touro for three months until I was invited for the interview and heard after a week about my acceptance. I was SURPRISED to hear back so soon, and very happy I got in. On the other hand I interviewed at another school pre december and haven't heard back so far... I know, how you feel, but saying it's ridiculous that the scol didn't let you know within a week is in fact, ridiculous. Some schools don't even notify you a rejection, ever. Take it easy, focus on other stuff and if your file and interview are fine, you'll get in.
Don't want to make you feel bad or anything, just put things in proportions...
Good luck and happy holidays!

To those that got acceptances from the 12/14 interview, were you NY residents?

Withdrew my acceptance today. Hope one of you gets it!

Hey guys, do you think only 25 students already accepted? Isn't that too little at this point in time of the cycle?

Hey guys, do you think only 25 students already accepted? Isn't that too little at this point in time of the cycle?
How did you come up with that 25 number? Do you know how long are they interviewing for this cycle?

Check their Facebook page

I think they don't want to be busy accepting people that are going to back out as soon as they get in somewhere else so they are going to be slower at giving acceptances.

got rejected email just now, i thought the interview went well :(

how do you even answer why touro? it a brand new school that no one even know about. that a stupid questions about a new school that doesn't even offer much information about the school on it website.

Seriously...

I have my interview tomorrow. Not exactly sure how to answer that one either.

Seriously...

I have my interview tomorrow. Not exactly sure how to answer that one either.
If you have no answer to this question at all it makes sense they won't accept you... Like any other school that asks that question. If you apply to any school you should know why you did, other than to "make sure I get in somewhere". That's my opinion... If you research and see what their mission and values together with your thoughts about a new school, if it matches their intake than you probably get accepted. If you give the message of applying because it is a dental school, you migh not get in unless your numbers are high...

I got the email about 1.5 hours ago. sGPA/oGPA: 3.3/3.5 AA/PAT/TA: 20/20/20

Another question: Has anyone (female) interviewed here when it has been cold? What did you wear? I'm from NY and its supposed to snow this weekend so its totally throwing a curve ball in my outfit planning. How long are we walking outside? Heels (tiny heel) or no heels?

Another question: Has anyone (female) interviewed here when it has been cold? What did you wear? I'm from NY and its supposed to snow this weekend so its totally throwing a curve ball in my outfit planning. How long are we walking outside? Heels (tiny heel) or no heels?

Im not female BUT Ive been to the interview. You will be outside for very little. Most of it is to get into a shuttle to travel across campus. Personally I feel that flats should be perfectly fine as there is alot of walking involved, but mostly indoors.

I wore pants and heels with thick nude leggings underneath covering all my feet to my upper thigh and it was completely fine. However wear a warm zip on sweater with your jacket or just wear a really warm jacket (mines was long and thick so worked great). Be sure to stay warm on your upper body cause they take you outside to the other building. Rest should be fine