***Official UPENN c/o 2015 Thread!!***

-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Anyone been accepted post December 1st? Someone said Penn is sending out acceptances every week. Can anyone confirm this?

Yes. I got accepted yesterday Dec. 16 but the materials are dated Dec. 14. I interviewed on Dec. 3.

Members don't see this ad :)
What is the maximum amount you could receive from the Penn Dental Medicine Grant?

$5,000 was the max last year. Given based on extreme financial need, and I do believe parental info is required for consideration of this grant.

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

I have an interview at Penn next month and was just wondering how it went? I have all of the information from the admissions office and glanced over the feedback section. Were both interviews open file? Some people said one was closed file, and the other is open. Are both interviewers faculty or dentists? Did anyone get grilled?

Hi Everyone,
I am having an interview on Jan. 28th. would you please give me some information about the interview? I want to know if you have any tips. Where there any things that you did not like about the school or things that threw you off during the interview? Is there any special thing/things they like/do not like to hear? what questions did they ask?

You have one closed file, and one open file interview. Since each person gets a different set of interviewers, I can't really comment on the particulars of the interviews. As with all schools, make sure you do your research and ask questions specific to that school.

Hi Everyone,
I am having an interview on Jan. 28th. would you please give me some information about the interview? I want to know if you have any tips. Where there any things that you did not like about the school or things that threw you off during the interview? Is there any special thing/things they like/do not like to hear? what questions did they ask?

Just be yourself. Telling them "what they want to hear" will make you come off as being fake.

Hey everyone,

I have an interview at Penn next month and was just wondering how it went? I have all of the information from the admissions office and glanced over the feedback section. Were both interviews open file? Some people said one was closed file, and the other is open. Are both interviewers faculty or dentists? Did anyone get grilled?

Hi Everyone,

May I ask you guys when you received your interview invites?

I'm sending in my deposit after christmas :D GO PENN!

Any thoughts? Is it preferable to live near by, or is commuting okay?

Also, what do you guys think about being a Graduate Assistant in one of the residences/dorms?

Current students, please enlighten me. :)

I interviewed at UPenn on December 10, and we were told we would receive a response before the Holidays. Christmas has passed, and I have not yet heard anything from UPenn yet. Why is that? Anyone else?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at UPenn on December 10, and we were told we would receive a response before the Holidays. Christmas has passed, and I have not yet heard anything from UPenn yet. Why is that? Anyone else?
Thanks

Probably waitlist would be my guess. Or slow mail due to the holidays.

You should call Corky. She said she'll be in the office again on January 3.

Oh, I got an acceptance already; that's just my hypothesis for the posters situation. But yeah, I would second this.

Does Penn even have an "official" waitlist? I interviewed in November and haven't heard yet either. But after calling Corky, I am not on the waitlist either.

I'm not sure exactly. I think when I met with her after my interview, it sounds like they do have a line of people, but not sure if it's really an official waitlist.

Just got my acceptance letter!!! YEAH!!!!! :soexcited:

Congrats! When did you interview?

I interviewed on the 9th. Letter was dated the 17th and mailed the 21st. I didn't receive it until today though because my landlord picked up my mail and only gave it to me today.

I got accepted on Dec. 1st but no Dean's Scholarship. Now I feel left out...
Deciding between Penn and Case Western any thoughts?

Aren't their tuition almost the same?

I think Case is slightly cheaper but not by much. I'm actually wondering if it's worth it for me to go to my Case interview or if I should cancel. I've already deposited at Penn.

Just wondering, what kind of research opps are you guys interested in? Since Penn has lots of NIH funding it would be a shame to not take advantage of it...

Hey, just wondering when your guys first and second deposits were due for Penn. Any info would be appreciated as I'm still waiting to hear. Thanks.

First deposit ($500) is due ~30 days after the acceptance letter is mailed (it'll specify the actual deadline in the letter -- mine was more than 30 days probably due to the holidays). Second deposit ($500) is due April 1st.

Anyone know if Penn requires us to collect teeth? I haven't seen any mention of it in any of the acceptance materials. I'm not sure if I just missed it or if it's not required (at least not yet).

Who is definitely going? Did anyone decide not to put down the deposit?

Has anyone heard anything recently? Any acceptances? Withdrawing?

I didn't put a deposit down.

Has anyone who interviewed in January heard from Penn yet?

Do you get your own chair at UPenn?
How does the chair situation work exactly?

Has anyone who interviewed in January heard from Penn yet?

I had the interview on the 14th, and recieved the acceptance packet early last week. You can call Corky too.

For both 3rd and 4th years?
How many to a chair?

I don't know exactly but I think the chair numbers are limited, they mentioned that its assigned automatically. Since its in the clinic Im guessing its shared between 3rd and 4th years.

I had the interview on the 14th, and recieved the acceptance packet early last week. You can call Corky too.

Congrats, Thats good to know! Are you going to attend?

OMG...I just got the call from Corky...I'M IN!!! I've never been happier, I have been losing sleep about this since my interview!!!! :laugh: :oops:

OMG...I just got the call from Corky...I'M IN!!! I've never been happier, I have been losing sleep about this since my interview!!!! :laugh: :oops:

Congrats when did you interview?

Congrats...I interviewed on the 21st...haven't heard back yet...going crazy waiting.. :(

I also got accepted and put down my deposit. I was accepted in December right before the holidays and I interview I think around the 18th of December? Great school! I was disappointed I didn't get Deans though. I wonder if there are any of those floating around still.

For those of you for sure going to Penn, have you heard of good off campus areas to look for an apartment? I don't know about you guys but I feel at a loss when it comes to moving across the country to a city I've only been to once for a day.

Congrats...I interviewed on the 21st...haven't heard back yet...going crazy waiting.. :(
I got accepted!!!:soexcited: Interview: Jan 20th, so yours should be coming soon! GL!

Just got the letter of acceptance in the mail! Interviewed on 1/20. So excited!!