**Official Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted811127

Greetings and Salutations all!

The new application cycle has started, so I have started this thread for those who will be applying to VCU. I applied last year, so if you are new to the whole application process and have any questions, feel free to ask.

Best of luck, everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey y'all,

Just wondering when do first interviews for OOS applicants usually go out?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hey y'all,

Just wondering when do first interviews for OOS applicants usually go out?

Last year, out-of-state people interviewed at the same time as in-state people. The first round of invites went out in late July. The first interview session was August 19th.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck everyone!!

Greetings and Salutations all!

The new application cycle has started, so I have started this thread for those who will be applying to VCU. I applied last year, so if you are new to the whole application process and have any questions, feel free to ask.

Best of luck, everyone!

Thank u for offering to help. Should we pay the application fee before getting an email?

Best of luck everyone! Be confident, we all have worked incredibly hard to get to this point!

has anyone heard anything regarding interviews? Ive been checking my email and aadsas status like a madman the past couple of days

Last edited:
VCU was pretty early last year. I'm sure next week we will hear something

Good luck everyone.

Reactions: 4 users
has anyone heard anything regarding interviews? Ive been checking my email and aadsas status like a madman the past couple of days
Interview invites should go out either at the end of the mon, or at the beginning of August. They tend to give two to three weeks notice with the interviews. So it will be a couple weeks before invites go out.

Has anyone got an email from vcu stating their application was under review without submitting letters of Rec? I am confused why I got a complete email without them receiving my letters yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got invited to interview! Email received at 9:56 pm western time zone. Looking forward to this one for sure!

Residence: MA, OOS
DAT: 23 AA 21 TS 24 PAT
GPA: 3.827, bio major
Interview Date: 8/18

App complete email received 6/22.

Last edited:
Just received an interview e-mail!

Residence: International
DAT: 24AA/25TS/23PAT
GPA: 3.83
Interview date: August 18
Application submitted: June 14

Does anyone know if VCU allows for date changes? I am unfortunately not going to be in the country until September.

Last edited:
@wezleesun` @woobb Congrats guys! Are the supplemental questions just the ones on AADSAS this year or did you guys receive more questions through email?

@wezleesun` @woobb Congrats guys! Are the supplemental questions just the ones on AADSAS this year or did you guys receive more questions through email?
Thank you! There are no extra questions (Phew!) but they need a 2x2 passport photo and proof of a hep b vaccination. So I'm going to have to hunt down that paperwork tomorrow

Reactions: 2 users
Interview as well for 8/18 but I have to reschedule.

DAT 22 AA 23 TS 19 PAT
GPA 4.0
OOS

Does anyone know if VCU allows for date changes? I am unfortunately not going to be in the country until September.

I called just now and it didn't seem to be a problem. She said they would get back in touch with me soon.

Email/call VCU and request to interview at their next interview date which should be sometime mid to late September

Just got my invitation to interview! So excited since this is my #1 choice

Residence: VA
DAT: 22AA 21TS 22PAT
GPA: 3.43 overall, 3.39 science
Application submitted: June 10

Reactions: 3 users
Do you guys happen to know if they send out interview deny emails by chance? Thanks!

Residence: OOS (FL)
DAT: 21AA 20TS 20PAT
GPA: 3.68 overall, 3.59 science
Application submitted: June 15

Anybody know how long the interviews last? And if we are to leave after our faculty interview (asking b/c of flight times) Thanks!

Got my interview invite last night! Aug. 18
OOS
22 AA 23 TS 21 PAT
GPA 3.43

Reactions: 3 users
So I know the attire for the interview on Friday the 18th is business professional but does anybody know the attire for Thursday's event? In the email it says it's tours and getting to chat with some current students and a DentSim activity.

Reactions: 2 users
Residence: OOS (FL)
DAT: 21AA 20TS 20PAT
GPA: 3.68 overall, 3.59 science
Application submitted: June 15

Anybody know how long the interviews last? And if we are to leave after our faculty interview (asking b/c of flight times) Thanks!

My friend interviewed last year and she said it was about an hour, but I would call to double check!

So I know the attire for the interview on Friday the 18th is business professional but does anybody know the attire for Thursday's event? In the email it says it's tours and getting to chat with some current students and a DentSim activity.
Good question! I'm in the same boat... any current students that would have an idea?

Good question! I'm in the same boat... any current students that would have an idea?

I asked my friend that's a current D1 at VCU and she said last year it was all on the same day so they all just stayed in their business professional attire. I'll probably call some time tomorrow and I can post it here!

Just got my email last night!

Residence: UT
DAT: 21 AA 22 TS 23 PAT 23 RC
sGPA 3.62, oGPA 3.49
Interview Date: 8/18

If I didn't get an email today is it best to assume that I wont get an interview invite? I submitted 6/18 if that helps, makes me sad bc I was extremely interested in VCU :''/

If I didn't get an email today is it best to assume that I wont get an interview invite? I submitted 6/18 if that helps, makes me sad bc I was extremely interested in VCU :''/

Depends what're your stats

Don't worry. I haven't gotten one yet either. Mine was complete about 10 days after yours. Your stats are solid. My GPA is rather strong but my DAT is weak. That describes my situation. However, you strand a great chance for interviews!

I wouldn't be too worried. It's still pretty early in the cycle

I got the invite today, but need to reschedule because of a previous interview commitment. Hopefully they show me some mercy, I really want to go to check out VCU's program for myself. Let me know if you others trying to reschedule hear anything new. AADSAS completed 6/18, OOS.

I got the invite today, but need to reschedule because of a previous interview commitment. Hopefully they show me some mercy, I really want to go to check out VCU's program for myself. Let me know if you others trying to reschedule hear anything new. AADSAS completed 6/18, OOS.
#squirrel

For those needing to reschedule their interview I just rescheduled mine for September 14 and 15

Keep in mind that just because you don't get an interview at the very beginning does not mean you won't in the future. As I learned last cycle, this whole process is very fluid and things can happen out of nowhere. You just have to remain patient and cross you fingers

Reactions: 7 users
Does anybody know if there is an immunization history form that I need to have my doctor fill out for the hep b vaccinations? Or will a print out from my doctor with her signature suffice?

Did anybody get a confirmation email after submitting the supplemental?

Does anybody know if there is an immunization history form that I need to have my doctor fill out for the hep b vaccinations? Or will a print out from my doctor with her signature suffice?

I just submitted a form showing all my immunization, which had hep B on it

I just submitted a form showing all my immunization, which had hep B on it

What is this hep B thing about? We need to submit our immunization records as part of the supplemental??

Status
Not open for further replies.