Ohio State c/o 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you guys receive an email?

Members don't see this ad.

OOS acceptance my first acceptance ever! Thank you God! I got an email 15min ago!

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am number 13th on the OOS waitlist. Does anyone know how much it usually moves? :/
the OOS waitlist typically moves quite a lot more significantly than the IS waitlist. So in my opinion (which doesn’t really mean anything lol), #13 isn’t too far off! Stay hopeful! Maybe go through last years thread and see if anyone said?

The email is usually right for acceptance ? Like no way it was a mistake?

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to all those that received acceptances!!! Waitlisted #68 OOS. Is this a good number?

the OOS waitlist typically moves quite a lot more significantly than the IS waitlist. So in my opinion (which doesn’t really mean anything lol), #13 isn’t too far off! Stay hopeful! Maybe go through last years thread and see if anyone said?
I believe last years OOS waitlist moved pretty quickly! And being #13 has you in a good spot! Good luck and congratulations to everyone else!

Also if you didn’t get in this cycle, all you can do is make yourself a better candidate for next cycle! I got accepted my second cycle after improving my resume and I am so thankful for the time I had to work on myself before getting in! Just keep improving yourself so that it’s impossible for schools to reject you next year!

Members don't see this ad :)
IS rejection 🙁 This is my 3rd year applying, this is the worst part. Congratulations to all the accepted applicants ❤ If you weren't sucessful keep your head up, you can do anything you put your mind to❤

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
I can’t seem to access buckeye link? I made an account but it never seemed to work for me but it’s def not now?

OOS acceptance! Congrats to everyone and goodluck as well!!

Reactions: 3 users
To those who haven’t received an acceptance yet, please do not give up. I know it hurts and it can be disheartening, but y’all are applying for a reason. Remember that reason and as the others have said in the thread, there’s time to improve your application 🙌 Goodluck to everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
OOS rejection. Congrats to everyone who received an acceptance 🥰

This was my fourth time applying, and I cannot believe I finally got in! For those rejected, I know how bad this hurts, but if this is really your dream don't give up and making it this far you already have proven that you deserve to be here. For those accepted can't wait to meet you all!!!

Reactions: 12 users
congratulations to those accepted!! if you have any questions or want some honest opinions about OSU CVM from a current student please message me!! happy to share my experience. to those rejected, don’t give up hope! I was rejected my first cycle too but accepted to 4 schools my second.

Congratulations! 🎉 I am also on my second application cycle with an OOS acceptance here.
I'm absolutely sobbing, My first acceptance (OOS)! two cycles and so many rejections later😭😭 omg

Congrats to everyone accepted! And to those that received rejections today, just know you WILL become a doctor. Everyone here is amazing and will go on to do amazing things!!! I just want to thank everyone for the mutual support we’ve given each other through this process.

Hi friends!!!! First year here and I just want to say congrats to everyone! If you have any questions don’t hesitate to reach out!

ALSO - i applied to Ohio state twice so please do not give up hope if you are rejected. The application process is grueling and meticulous, especially with the application change this year. If anyone needs any advice feel free to DM me! My gap year was so influential to me and I do not regret my journey to vet school and I know you would all make amazing vets!

Reactions: 1 users
OOS acceptance! Last year, I was waitlisted as a first time cycle applicant OOS #79 and wasn’t pulled off the list and was moved up to #48 until august. It all depends if people get accepted to their IS school, which is what I’m still waiting for.

Reactions: 2 users
OOS acceptance! Last year, I was waitlisted as a first time cycle applicant OOS #79 and wasn’t pulled off the list and was moved up to #48 until august. It all depends if people get accepted to their IS school, which is what I’m still waiting for.
Congrats! Yeah that is what I am doing as well. Hoping for my IS but Ohio State is a clear second choice for me.

OOS waitlist #2... Sandra said they won't be updating the waitlist until the decision deadline, hoping for good news come April 15th! 🤞

Reactions: 3 users
OOS waitlist #2... Sandra said they won't be updating the waitlist until the decision deadline, hoping for good news come April 15th! 🤞
That's a great spot! I know many of us, me included, will decline our OOS seats if we get into our IS schools. I am still waiting on my IS (Virginia Maryland) but hopefully will hear from them soon!

Reactions: 1 users
I just tried submitting the deposit and something werid happened and I called them so hoping I get it sorted🙃
Still waiting on other school decisions but Ohio is my top school so I’m not waiting!!

I just tried submitting the deposit and something werid happened and I called them so hoping I get it sorted🙃
Still waiting on other school decisions but Ohio is my top school so I’m not waiting!!
I had something super weird happen with my deposit because it wasn’t processed for for a couple months and I ended up getting a call close to the deadline wondering if I had made a decision yet. Thankfully a quick phone call fixed it and everything worked out in the end!

Hi all! Class of 2025 here, Just wanted to say I was IS waitlist #10 and got in the day before orientation. The process sucks but no matter how long it takes you to get in you deserve to be there and will all be great docs one day!

This might be a silly question, but are schools required to call people off of both the IS and OOS waitlists as corresponding seats become available? I saw from the OSU forum 2 years ago that they over-accepted OOS and ended up pulling more from the IS list to compensate. I assume that was just a one time incident...

I had something super weird happen with my deposit because it wasn’t processed for for a couple months and I ended up getting a call close to the deadline wondering if I had made a decision yet. Thankfully a quick phone call fixed it and everything worked out in the end!
Oh that’s weird, glad they called you to see.
I got an email overnight saying thanks for accpeting your admission, so I think it’s all good now! Hopefully! Haha

This might be a silly question, but are schools required to call people off of both the IS and OOS waitlists as corresponding seats become available? I saw from the OSU forum 2 years ago that they over-accepted OOS and ended up pulling more from the IS list to compensate. I assume that was just a one time incident...
Yeah usually they’ll only call off the people on the respective waitlists, so I was only called up after 10 people on the IS list declined when over 10 people on the OOS list had declined

Yeah they’ll pull an OOS student when an OOS seat is available, and same for IS. They have a set percentage of the class that must be IS (somewhere around 35% I think) - so that year when a lot of OOS students accepted their seats, the class was not only full, but below the required IS/OOS ratio. So they had to pull some extra IS students off the waitlist to fix it. That’s why my class was over-seated and had 176 at the start of 1st year.

I was wondering does Ohio ever send out like a paper copy of your acceptanace? I’ve heard of a school sending out emails but then also mail a few days later. Just would be cool to get a hard copy and get it in the mail lol.

I was wondering does Ohio ever send out like a paper copy of your acceptanace? I’ve heard of a school sending out emails but then also mail a few days later. Just would be cool to get a hard copy and get it in the mail lol.
I didn’t receive a paper copy, but that could have changed in the past two years. I only received an email, and a call from the Dean sometime in the month after my acceptance.

I didn’t receive a paper copy, but that could have changed in the past two years. I only received an email, and a call from the Dean sometime in the month after my acceptance.
I heard from the Dean last night. It definitely took me by surprise as it was late into the evening, but it was great hearing from him and was a great gesture.

Did anyone else accept their offer/pay the 25$ fee? And if you did, did you get a confirmation email at all afterwards?

Did anyone else accept their offer/pay the 25$ fee? And if you did, did you get a confirmation email at all afterwards?
I got one at 1am the next day! I even called them i cuz I didn’t get one. It takes some time! It says thanks for accepting your admission or along those lines.

I heard from the Dean last night. It definitely took me by surprise as it was late into the evening, but it was great hearing from him and was a great gesture.
Oooo wonder when I’ll hear from him.

Did your page turn grey after you submitted the payment and the button for "Accept/Decline" is gone?

Did your page turn grey after you submitted the payment and the button for "Accept/Decline" is gone?
Yup! I was also alarmed, it said refused to connect as well. That’s why I called. But the next morning saw the email that said i had accepted. And now the link for accept/decline is not on my applicant status page.

Yup! I was also alarmed, it said refused to connect as well. That’s why I called. But the next morning saw the email that said i had accepted. And now the link for accept/decline is not on my applicant status page.
Thanks! The "accept/decline" was immediately gone after I refreshed the grey page.