You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Ohio State c/o 2026
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Eringriffin0208
Full Member
I am number 13th on the OOS waitlist. Does anyone know how much it usually moves? :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sportyhorsey
New Member
the OOS waitlist typically moves quite a lot more significantly than the IS waitlist. So in my opinion (which doesn’t really mean anything lol), #13 isn’t too far off! Stay hopeful! Maybe go through last years thread and see if anyone said?I am number 13th on the OOS waitlist. Does anyone know how much it usually moves? :/
The email is usually right for acceptance ? Like no way it was a mistake?
Congrats to all those that received acceptances!!! Waitlisted #68 OOS. Is this a good number?
Yes! Congrats!! I've so been hoping you'd get an acceptance somewhere this cycle!The email is usually right for acceptance ? Like no way it was a mistake?
I believe last years OOS waitlist moved pretty quickly! And being #13 has you in a good spot! Good luck and congratulations to everyone else!the OOS waitlist typically moves quite a lot more significantly than the IS waitlist. So in my opinion (which doesn’t really mean anything lol), #13 isn’t too far off! Stay hopeful! Maybe go through last years thread and see if anyone said?
Also if you didn’t get in this cycle, all you can do is make yourself a better candidate for next cycle! I got accepted my second cycle after improving my resume and I am so thankful for the time I had to work on myself before getting in! Just keep improving yourself so that it’s impossible for schools to reject you next year!
Thanks☺️☺️☺️ First acceptance and it’s my dream school 😁😁😁😁😁Yes! Congrats!! I've so been hoping you'd get an acceptance somewhere this cycle!
I’m excited for you!Thanks☺️☺️☺️ First acceptance and it’s my dream school 😁😁😁😁😁
I can’t seem to access buckeye link? I made an account but it never seemed to work for me but it’s def not now?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
QuirkySocks
Full Member
OOS acceptance! Congrats to everyone and goodluck as well!!
QuirkySocks
Full Member
To those who haven’t received an acceptance yet, please do not give up. I know it hurts and it can be disheartening, but y’all are applying for a reason. Remember that reason and as the others have said in the thread, there’s time to improve your application 🙌 Goodluck to everyone!
This was my fourth time applying, and I cannot believe I finally got in! For those rejected, I know how bad this hurts, but if this is really your dream don't give up and making it this far you already have proven that you deserve to be here. For those accepted can't wait to meet you all!!!
olivekitty
Full Member
Anyone deciding between here and another school?
congratulations to those accepted!! if you have any questions or want some honest opinions about OSU CVM from a current student please message me!! happy to share my experience. to those rejected, don’t give up hope! I was rejected my first cycle too but accepted to 4 schools my second.
I won’t hear back from my IS school until like the second week of March. If I get into my IS then I’ll be deciding between OSU and ISAnyone deciding between here and another school?
Congratulations! 🎉 I am also on my second application cycle with an OOS acceptance here.
I'm absolutely sobbing, My first acceptance (OOS)! two cycles and so many rejections later😭😭 omg
Me. I have choices between here, RVC, and SGU. Still waiting to hear from WesternU which is my IS school.Anyone deciding between here and another school?
Congrats to everyone accepted! And to those that received rejections today, just know you WILL become a doctor. Everyone here is amazing and will go on to do amazing things!!! I just want to thank everyone for the mutual support we’ve given each other through this process.
Hi friends!!!! First year here and I just want to say congrats to everyone! If you have any questions don’t hesitate to reach out!
ALSO - i applied to Ohio state twice so please do not give up hope if you are rejected. The application process is grueling and meticulous, especially with the application change this year. If anyone needs any advice feel free to DM me! My gap year was so influential to me and I do not regret my journey to vet school and I know you would all make amazing vets!
ALSO - i applied to Ohio state twice so please do not give up hope if you are rejected. The application process is grueling and meticulous, especially with the application change this year. If anyone needs any advice feel free to DM me! My gap year was so influential to me and I do not regret my journey to vet school and I know you would all make amazing vets!
Im #68 and Im already planning what to do the coming year since I dont know if Ill get accepted🙃OOS waitlist #42, anybody know if i stand a chance? 😭
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Yeah that is what I am doing as well. Hoping for my IS but Ohio State is a clear second choice for me.OOS acceptance! Last year, I was waitlisted as a first time cycle applicant OOS #79 and wasn’t pulled off the list and was moved up to #48 until august. It all depends if people get accepted to their IS school, which is what I’m still waiting for.
That's a great spot! I know many of us, me included, will decline our OOS seats if we get into our IS schools. I am still waiting on my IS (Virginia Maryland) but hopefully will hear from them soon!OOS waitlist #2... Sandra said they won't be updating the waitlist until the decision deadline, hoping for good news come April 15th! 🤞
I just tried submitting the deposit and something werid happened and I called them so hoping I get it sorted🙃
Still waiting on other school decisions but Ohio is my top school so I’m not waiting!!
Still waiting on other school decisions but Ohio is my top school so I’m not waiting!!
I had something super weird happen with my deposit because it wasn’t processed for for a couple months and I ended up getting a call close to the deadline wondering if I had made a decision yet. Thankfully a quick phone call fixed it and everything worked out in the end!I just tried submitting the deposit and something werid happened and I called them so hoping I get it sorted🙃
Still waiting on other school decisions but Ohio is my top school so I’m not waiting!!
olivekitty
Full Member
This might be a silly question, but are schools required to call people off of both the IS and OOS waitlists as corresponding seats become available? I saw from the OSU forum 2 years ago that they over-accepted OOS and ended up pulling more from the IS list to compensate. I assume that was just a one time incident...
Oh that’s weird, glad they called you to see.I had something super weird happen with my deposit because it wasn’t processed for for a couple months and I ended up getting a call close to the deadline wondering if I had made a decision yet. Thankfully a quick phone call fixed it and everything worked out in the end!
I got an email overnight saying thanks for accpeting your admission, so I think it’s all good now! Hopefully! Haha
Yeah usually they’ll only call off the people on the respective waitlists, so I was only called up after 10 people on the IS list declined when over 10 people on the OOS list had declinedThis might be a silly question, but are schools required to call people off of both the IS and OOS waitlists as corresponding seats become available? I saw from the OSU forum 2 years ago that they over-accepted OOS and ended up pulling more from the IS list to compensate. I assume that was just a one time incident...
Yeah they’ll pull an OOS student when an OOS seat is available, and same for IS. They have a set percentage of the class that must be IS (somewhere around 35% I think) - so that year when a lot of OOS students accepted their seats, the class was not only full, but below the required IS/OOS ratio. So they had to pull some extra IS students off the waitlist to fix it. That’s why my class was over-seated and had 176 at the start of 1st year.This might be a silly question, but are schools required to call people off of both the IS and OOS waitlists as corresponding seats become available? I saw from the OSU forum 2 years ago that they over-accepted OOS and ended up pulling more from the IS list to compensate. I assume that was just a one time incident...
I was wondering does Ohio ever send out like a paper copy of your acceptanace? I’ve heard of a school sending out emails but then also mail a few days later. Just would be cool to get a hard copy and get it in the mail lol.
I didn’t receive a paper copy, but that could have changed in the past two years. I only received an email, and a call from the Dean sometime in the month after my acceptance.I was wondering does Ohio ever send out like a paper copy of your acceptanace? I’ve heard of a school sending out emails but then also mail a few days later. Just would be cool to get a hard copy and get it in the mail lol.
I heard from the Dean last night. It definitely took me by surprise as it was late into the evening, but it was great hearing from him and was a great gesture.I didn’t receive a paper copy, but that could have changed in the past two years. I only received an email, and a call from the Dean sometime in the month after my acceptance.
Did anyone else accept their offer/pay the 25$ fee? And if you did, did you get a confirmation email at all afterwards?
I got one at 1am the next day! I even called them i cuz I didn’t get one. It takes some time! It says thanks for accepting your admission or along those lines.Did anyone else accept their offer/pay the 25$ fee? And if you did, did you get a confirmation email at all afterwards?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oooo wonder when I’ll hear from him.I heard from the Dean last night. It definitely took me by surprise as it was late into the evening, but it was great hearing from him and was a great gesture.
Doraemon123
Full Member
Did your page turn grey after you submitted the payment and the button for "Accept/Decline" is gone?I just tried submitting the deposit and something werid happened and I called them so hoping I get it sorted🙃
Still waiting on other school decisions but Ohio is my top school so I’m not waiting!!
Yup! I was also alarmed, it said refused to connect as well. That’s why I called. But the next morning saw the email that said i had accepted. And now the link for accept/decline is not on my applicant status page.Did your page turn grey after you submitted the payment and the button for "Accept/Decline" is gone?
Doraemon123
Full Member
Thanks! The "accept/decline" was immediately gone after I refreshed the grey page.Yup! I was also alarmed, it said refused to connect as well. That’s why I called. But the next morning saw the email that said i had accepted. And now the link for accept/decline is not on my applicant status page.
Wasn’t sure if I was the only one that it seemed odd too.Thanks! The "accept/decline" was immediately gone after I refreshed the grey page.
And I was wondering who else was accepting their seat already!