Ohio State c/o 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I really appreciated the intro videos that Ohio sent with the zoom link, they sound like they really try to be as relaxing as possible for the interview. Hoping I won’t be so nervous for this interview lol. Good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow!! Any last minute tips?

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to everyone! You got this!! I have mine in about 40 mins so the nerves are kicking in lol

Reactions: 1 users
It went quite well! Had mine at 9:50 until 10: 15ish. I agree, they were all very friendly and gave time so I could ask questions.

The interview went well, but it definitely felt like I flew thru the questions.:cryi:

The interview went well, but it definitely felt like I flew thru the questions.:cryi:
Nah I did too, I was done prob after like 13 min or less with their questions. I wouldn't worry about it, like they said before, just means you're concise! Then I asked a couple questions until close to end of my time.

Does anyone know when they are going start sending out decisions? I also had my interview today, but I know there are more interview dates on the 29th of this month and Feb 5th.

Does anyone know when they are going start sending out decisions? I also had my interview today, but I know there are more interview dates on the 29th of this month and Feb 4th.
I think top applicants will get a phone call in the next week, the rest find out mid feb according to last year!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when they are going start sending out decisions? I also had my interview today, but I know there are more interview dates on the 29th of this month and Feb 4th.
One of my interviewers said a few weeks and even the way she said it was hesitantly so I'm not sure unfortunately. I'm hoping before end of February. So lots of waiting.

I was told we’d hear sometime between Feb 7-10

Reactions: 2 users
Definitely don’t worry about being too short! My interview lasted like 12 minutes and I came out SUPER worried that I failed it. Got an acceptance and I’m now a second year student! You guys will do great, don’t second guess and stress yourself out more.

Sandra said in the waiting room that we will hear back around Feb 7 - 10th!

Also same…I finished all my questions in 15 mins so I just asked a lot of questions with the faculty member

oof I have no idea how I did on that interview. I answered the questions but had no clue if I had to go the entire time so I elaborated a lot and I`m not sure if that was a good move :/. Mine wasn't conversational at all they just said "good answers" at one point and that was it but didn`t try to talk to me which definitely threw me off :/. Could just be in my head but I def think I could have done better. Can't change anything though! I hope everybody else had an amazing interview and congrats on getting here!

Good luck with the interviews coming in the future!

Also, dumb question but do we have an Ohio email that we have to use? I remember singing up and stuff but I can`t log into any email for OSU and I`m not sure If I`m supposed to. The thread last year was talking about the portal so I was just curious.

Also, dumb question but do we have an Ohio email that we have to use? I remember singing up and stuff but I can`t log into any email for OSU and I`m not sure If I`m supposed to. The thread last year was talking about the portal so I was just curious.
They'll send acceptances/rejections to your normal email. I applied last year and never had anything corresponded through buckeye mail

Does anyone know after interviews if either you get accepted or waitlisted like some schools d or fully rejected?

Does anyone know after interviews if either you get accepted or waitlisted like some schools d or fully rejected?
From past years I’ve seen that you get accepted, put on a waitlist with a # for what position you are, or rejected.

From past years I’ve seen that you get accepted, put on a waitlist with a # for what position you are, or rejected.
Oh darn I don’t like the rejection aspect, I’d rather a soft rejection with a waitlist 😂

• Haha
OOS Acceptance! Got the email around 10 mins ago! I`m kinda shook! Has anybody else heard back?

Reactions: 5 users
OOS Acceptance! Got the email around 10 mins ago! I`m kinda shook! Has anybody else heard back?
That’s Awesome! My interview is Saturday.🙏 Would you be willing to share some of your stats? If not that’s okay. Congrats!

OOS acceptance!!! Got the email at 3:37pm today. This is my first ever acceptance after 5 cycles of applying. I thought I would never live to see this day. I am going to be a vet. I wish the best of luck to everyone else waiting!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
That’s Awesome! My interview is Saturday.🙏 Would you be willing to share some of your stats? If not that’s okay. Congrats!
Sure! I`m graduating this spring and my overal GPA is 3.89 and my sci is 3.81. I`m apart of the honors program but idk if this changes anything. 520 hrs of animal exerience (small, equine) via high school CVA program, 1800 hrs of exotic, equine, food, and small animal via a therapy farm is was the head volunteer at, 400 hrs of experience from a local zoo, 140 vet hrs in emergency I teched at, and 1300 vet hrs in a small and exotic mixed practice were I was tech, and 280 vet hours as an intern while I was getting my CVA. Around 40 hrs of research, and then random hours for other clubs.

I thought I did really poorly on the interview so dont worry if it doesnt go as good as you want it to go! And dont compare yourself to my stats, we all have different things going for us! If you got an interview (and even if you didnt!) you all have something that makes you special and more than enough to be a vet! Comparing yourself to others can be tempting but everybody is different, never say your less than if you dont match up with somebody or dont get in! Y`all are special, never forgot that!

also side note;
it`s dated for tomorrow so maybe more updates then? I`m guessing it got sent early by mistake?

Sure! I`m graduating this spring and my overal GPA is 3.89 and my sci is 3.81. I`m apart of the honors program but idk if this changes anything. 520 hrs of animal exerience (small, equine) via high school CVA program, 1800 hrs of exotic, equine, food, and small animal via a therapy farm is was the head volunteer at, 400 hrs of experience from a local zoo, 140 vet hrs in emergency I teched at, and 1300 vet hrs in a small and exotic mixed practice were I was tech, and 280 vet hours as an intern while I was getting my CVA. Around 40 hrs of research, and then random hours for other clubs.

I thought I did really poorly on the interview so dont worry if it doesnt go as good as you want it to go! And dont compare yourself to my stats, we all have different things going for us! If you got an interview (and even if you didnt!) you all have something that makes you special and more than enough to be a vet! Comparing yourself to others can be tempting but everybody is different, never say your less than if you dont match up with somebody or dont get in! Y`all are special, never forgot that!
you are the top 1% of the top 1% hahah very deserving and unsurprising with those stats. I audibly said ‘wow’ to myself reading that short excerpt😂 Congrats again!!

Those are impressive stats! I 100% agree with you! OSU is my IS so really hoping it goes to plan! Congrats again! 🎉

still a little confused as to why it was an email and sent a day early and only one other person(it seems) heard back so far. I hope everybody else gets some more information tomorrow and this was just sent early accidently. I`ll let y`all know if there`s a call involved this year or if it`s only email notifications!

Last edited:
I just saw another classmate on instagram post about getting IS acceptance. She also graduates this spring from Ohio State! So at first I thought they were only sending out OOS decisions but who knows haha

still a little confused as to why it was an email and sent a day early and only one other person(it seems) heard back so far. I hope everybody else gets some more information tomorrow and this was just sent early accidently. I`ll let y`all know if there`s a call involved this year or if it`s only email notifications!
I’ve heard they do rolling admissions and that most will hear between the 7th and 10th but not sure.

Just finished my interview! I was too nervous about it and I did not do as great as I expected 😭

• Care
Just finished mine too! I flew through the questions, I liked my answers, but I was definitely less nervous after when I was able to ask a lot of my own. It was very conversational. Good luck everyone!

Just finished my interview! I was too nervous about it and I did not do as great as I expected 😭
I feel like we all do better than what we think of ourselves! It’s hard to judge our selves after the fact! I also feel like the committee definitely understands nerves!

I feel like we all do better than what we think of ourselves! It’s hard to judge our selves after the fact! I also feel like the committee definitely understands nerves!
My interviewer even told me to take a deep breath before she started asking me questions😂😂 they’re very friendly, but I don’t know why I was still sooo nervous😂😂

I also interviewed today and although I think I answered everything well, my nerves DEFINITELY showed. I stumbled a lot. but I answered all the questions in 20 minutes and then had the perfect amount of time to ask my own questions. if you haven’t interviewed yet, please don’t worry, everyone is so kind and more than happy to repeat questions, give you time to think, etc.

I also interviewed today and although I think I answered everything well, my nerves DEFINITELY showed. I stumbled a lot. but I answered all the questions in 20 minutes and then had the perfect amount of time to ask my own questions. if you haven’t interviewed yet, please don’t worry, everyone is so kind and more than happy to repeat questions, give you time to think, etc.
I agree, I asked clarification on a question and they were fine with that!