Ohio State c/o 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I also asked them to repeat the questions for me and they seemed happy to do that! Overall it’s a great experience!

Members don't see this ad.

My interview is in a week and I just put two and two together that Ohio is CST 😅 Is the interview time set for CST and we have to calculate when to log in? Because I am EST.
TIA!

My interview is in a week and I just put two and two together that Ohio is CST 😅 Is the interview time set for CST and we have to calculate when to log in? Because I am EST.
TIA!
Ohio is EST

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS acceptance!!! Got the email at 3:37pm today. This is my first ever acceptance after 5 cycles of applying. I thought I would never live to see this day. I am going to be a vet. I wish the best of luck to everyone else waiting!
I am so, so, so happy for you!!! I hope you enjoy every bit of this exciting accomplishment! Congratulations 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to everyone getting acceptances!!!!!!!!!! I’m scheduled the last date for interviews so the anxiety is really pumpin’. To those who already interviewed or heard back, how long did your interview take and how many questions? I have a set of over 60 questions I’m practicing so I’m just curious.

Congrats to everyone getting acceptances!!!!!!!!!! I’m scheduled the last date for interviews so the anxiety is really pumpin’. To those who already interviewed or heard back, how long did your interview take and how many questions? I have a set of over 60 questions I’m practicing so I’m just curious.
Only 4 questions are asked and you are given 30 minutes to interview. The questions go by pretty quick so have some questions prepared to ask!

Only 4 questions are asked and you are given 30 minutes to interview. The questions go by pretty quick so have some questions prepared to ask!
Only four?!? Honestly, props to interviewers. Having to get to know so many students with so little time/questions must be difficult. Thank you!

I had my interview yesterday! I was interviewed by 2 alumni and only 4 questions! Only 4 questions makes me unsure of how I did

Im sure this has been asked but for those of us that interviewed recently, when can we expect a decision? Is there a deadline beyond the national one?

Im sure this has been asked but for those of us that interviewed recently, when can we expect a decision? Is there a deadline beyond the national one?
About Feb. 7-10. (Some applicants might hear back the week after their interviews). The deadline is same as the national one.

Reactions: 3 users
Just out of curiosity, does anyone have a sample 1st year student schedule just to see what it would look like? I tried searching for one online but haven't found one.

C
Just out of curiosity, does anyone have a sample 1st year student schedule just to see what it would look like? I tried searching for one online but haven't found one.
classes I had first year (last semester lol) are small animal anatomy, anatomy lab, clinical skills, intro to radiology, histology, cell bio, epidemiology, clinical pathology, intro to animal behavior and professional development. We started at 9 am earliest and ended at 3 pm with breaks in between for lunch so we didn’t have classes all day. Exams were on mondays and that was the only thing that day. Tuesdays were just clinical skills labs. About 3 classes Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

With that being said - they are completely changing the curriculum so it might not be the same as that lol. No updates as to how it will look. We had a few classes in person last semester (4?) but all were available online also. All labs were in person (clinical skills, anatomy lab). Ohio State said we can go back to full classroom amounts (🥴) so they are trying to push for more classes in person this semester.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
C

classes I had first year (last semester lol) are small animal anatomy, anatomy lab, clinical skills, intro to radiology, histology, cell bio, epidemiology, clinical pathology, intro to animal behavior and professional development. We started at 9 am earliest and ended at 3 pm with breaks in between for lunch so we didn’t have classes all day. Exams were on mondays and that was the only thing that day. Tuesdays were just clinical skills labs. About 3 classes Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

With that being said - they are completely changing the curriculum so it might not be the same as that lol. No updates as to how it will look. We had a few classes in person last semester (4?) but all were available online also. All labs were in person (clinical skills, anatomy lab). Ohio State said we can go back to full classroom amounts (🥴) so they are trying to push for more classes in person this semester.
ooh did they say why they changed or hinted at what they are changing it to?

c/o 2024 hasn’t heard much from admin, but I know they are wanting to get the c/o 2026 to start clinics sooner (start of spring semester of third year, instead of May at the start of 4th year). Sounds like the curriculum is getting redesigned to split between health/normal systems first year, and abnormal systems/diseases second year. They’ve also mentioned block scheduling but honestly they haven’t gotten too detailed on what the actual classes or schedule will look like.

c/o 2024 hasn’t heard much from admin, but I know they are wanting to get the c/o 2026 to start clinics sooner (start of spring semester of third year, instead of May at the start of 4th year). Sounds like the curriculum is getting redesigned to split between health/normal systems first year, and abnormal systems/diseases second year. They’ve also mentioned block scheduling but honestly they haven’t gotten too detailed on what the actual classes or schedule will look like.
c/o 2025 has just been told it is changing to more of a holistic approach - histo and cell bio will be combined with anatomy, more clinically relevant material and like BTwins said just increasing hands on/clinical experience through classes, Spectrum of care and clinical skills labs. They had us fill out a survey about how long days should be and what would be helpful with the transition from undergrad/grad school/ employment to vet school (flashcards, flashcards, flashcards!!!) but I’m not sure what will become of that or what will be implemented. I hope this is helpful :)

c/o 2025 has just been told it is changing to more of a holistic approach - histo and cell bio will be combined with anatomy, more clinically relevant material and like BTwins said just increasing hands on/clinical experience through classes, Spectrum of care and clinical skills labs. They had us fill out a survey about how long days should be and what would be helpful with the transition from undergrad/grad school/ employment to vet school (flashcards, flashcards, flashcards!!!) but I’m not sure what will become of that or what will be implemented. I hope this is helpful :)
Thank you!
Also, there are no admissions scholarships really, correct? Financial Aid would be based off of FASFA? I know some schools give an admission scholarship depending on GPA, and I`m pretty sure Ohio doesn’t, but I wanted to know if there was anything else I could possibly do to get some aid (besides outside scholarships, which for the most part is for the upper level students) or anything I`m missing. If I don’t get into my instate, I would love Ohio, but the cost is making me nervous (also, one of my vets said to be careful when accepting outside aid as they may deny me residency when I apply for it, however, I thought it was something that was automatic?)

Thank you!
Also, there are no admissions scholarships really, correct? Financial Aid would be based off of FASFA? I know some schools give an admission scholarship depending on GPA, and I`m pretty sure Ohio doesn’t, but I wanted to know if there was anything else I could possibly do to get some aid (besides outside scholarships, which for the most part is for the upper level students) or anything I`m missing. If I don’t get into my instate, I would love Ohio, but the cost is making me nervous (also, one of my vets said to be careful when accepting outside aid as they may deny me residency when I apply for it, however, I thought it was something that was automatic?)
There actually are admissions scholarships! You’ll get an email sometime after the acceptance with an offer if you got one. Not everyone does but there are a few.

There actually are admissions scholarships! You’ll get an email sometime after the acceptance with an offer if you got one. Not everyone does but there are a few.
ah okay, does it normally go out closer to final decision dates?

Yep - I got an email with a scholarship offer on March 6th the year I was accepted.
that was to your non ohio email correct? Sorry I`m asking so many questions, I just dont want to miss anything and finacial aid and money is quite scary lmao

that was to your non ohio email correct? Sorry I`m asking so many questions, I just dont want to miss anything and finacial aid and money is quite scary lmao
No problem! You’re correct, it was to my personal email.

Thank you!
Scholarships are rare for first years from what I was told? I’m IS and did not get one for fall but got one for spring ($1000) and honestly not sure how it works 😂 - my friends who are OOS had plenty of options for loans and a perk of tOSU is after 1st year they drop you down to in state tuition with a “$5” out of state fee automatically. Dean Moore is working really hard to keep our tuition frozen and raising scholarship money for us, him and his team are truly the best and you can tell everyone here cares about the students. Money is everything when you are 250k+ in debt. Winter break we fill out a scholarship form for the next year and there are plenty of opportunities to get a job whenever/if ever you feel comfortable with working and going to school. Our financial aid advisor is also so nice and straightforward/ transparent with everything money wise. I would highly suggest reaching out to her if to talk about financials :)

Last edited:
Scholarships are rare for first years from what I was told? I’m IS and did not get one for fall but got one for spring ($1000) and honestly not sure how it works 😂 - my friends who are OOS had plenty of options for loans and a perk of tOSU is after 1st year they drop you down to in state tuition with a “$5” out of state fee automatically. Dean Moore is working really hard to keep our tuition frozen and raising scholarship money for us, him and his team are truly the best and you can tell everyone here cares about the students. Money is everything when you are 250k+ in debt. Winter break we fill out a scholarship form for the next year and there are plenty of opportunities to get a job whenever/if ever you feel comfortable with working and going to school. Our financial aid advisor is also so nice and straightforward/ transparent with everything money wise. I would highly suggest reaching out to her if to talk about financials :)
Okay thank you! I`ll wait to hear back from my IS but tOSU is honestly a dream and even the doctors I work with now want me to go there instead of my IS (primarily bc I have major issues with their undergrade admin and certain things they have done to my friends and I) but finacially we all know my IS is the smart choice :/. They were happier with me getting interviewed here than at my IS which was pretty funny.

Hello! Has anyone who interviewed this past Saturday, on the 29th, heard back yet? I noticed that some acceptances from the previous interview date were sent out the Thursday after their interview.

Hello! Has anyone who interviewed this past Saturday, on the 29th, heard back yet? I noticed that some acceptances from the previous interview date were sent out the Thursday after their interview.
I haven’t heard anything back. I have been waiting for the email today the whole day lol

I have received an international acceptance Wednesday around 7pm!

Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations on your acceptance!! 👏🏼 I hope to hear an answer from them soon! Fingers crossed.

Congratulations! I am also international and I haven’t heard anything back, I am more anxious now....what time was your interview on last Saturday, Jan. 29? Thanks!

Last edited:
I will say that OSU had a snow day today (Thursday) so the acceptances may come out tomorrow!

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations! I am also international and I haven’t heard anything back, I am more anxious now....what time was your interview on last Saturday, Jan. 29? Thanks!
Thank you! Mine was in the afternoon. I think it was 3:40pm. Hope you will hear back soon!

Do they also send out denials or do we just assume we didn't get it if we hear nothing by a certain date?

Do they also send out denials or do we just assume we didn't get it if we hear nothing by a certain date?
I’ve only seen acceptances for people who have heard early and yes I’m guessing if we don’t hear something today we will next week or week after like Sandra said!

Is anybody else who interviewed on Jan 22nd going crazy because they have not heard anything? :(

As an Ohio State undergrad all these normal Ohio state emails coming in are giving me false hope 😂😅😂🤞

Reactions: 2 users
I w
Is anybody else who interviewed on Jan 22nd going crazy because they have not heard anything? :(
I was one of the first people to interview my year and i didn’t hear back until everyone did! you also may get the email at a super weird time too (i got mine at 11pm feb 18th and didn’t see it until the next morning!!! Lol). Don’t stress you guys it will be okay!!!

I w

I was one of the first people to interview my year and i didn’t hear back until everyone did! you also may get the email at a super weird time too (i got mine at 11pm feb 18th and didn’t see it until the next morning!!! Lol). Don’t stress you guys it will be okay!!!
I am wondering if they review interviews and send acceptance in alphabetic order? Just curious about it😂

They way it was explained when I interviewed two years ago is like the top 1% will receive an acceptance the week after their interview (so like 1-2 people). The rest will hear back all together after the last interview day. Don’t lose hope just because you haven’t heard back in 5 days, I know it’s hard to wait, but it’ll be okay!

Reactions: 4 users
They way it was explained when I interviewed two years ago is like the top 1% will receive an acceptance the week after their interview (so like 1-2 people). The rest will hear back all together after the last interview day. Don’t lose hope just because you haven’t heard back in 5 days, I know it’s hard to wait, but it’ll be okay!
Thank you so much! I feel better now😂😂

I am wondering if they review interviews and send acceptance in alphabetic order? Just curious about it😂
I doubt that, haha. I'm pretty sure they rank applicants and release admissions decisions in waves based on ranking.

Is there anyone else interviewing tomorrow? I've been vibrating with both anxiety and excitement all day! Not only because it's my interview date but because it's the last one, so everyone should be hearing back soon after. Best of luck to everyone!

Edit: Also thank you to those already attending tOSU for telling us how the process was for you and helping to calm our nerves!

no they are released all at once! Big ol mass email. If you also hear a lot of people getting accepted and don’t have anything (because mass email sometimes is weird) you can check your portal! I thought they did not send me the right email because i was just in shock and disbelief and i checked my portal to make sure it was true LOL