Oregon State University c/o 2019 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I will be officially turning down my offer soon as well, good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Alternate as of Feb. 6th. I emailed Tess Collins for details and she said that "Alternate" and "Wait list" are synonymous. There are also separate wait lists for in-state and out of state applicants. About 68 IS applicants were interviewed, and 46 are accepted (I'm assuming). I don't know how many people were denied, but that would leave about 22 people on the "wait list" if no one was denied after the interview. Keep your fingers crossed alternates!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! C/O 2018 OSU student here, I just wanted to give you guys some encouragement and advice for reapplying for OSU next year. For all of you who were rejected this year: don't be too hard on yourself. We received an email from the dean this year stating that it was a record high number of applicants this cycle.

OSU tries really hard to balance the class with a diversity of students. My understanding is that they select applicants based off their qualifications, but also on the experience they'll bring to profession, to the school, and to the class. So for all of the amazing, highly skilled, traditionally experienced (general practice experience) students in my class, it's balanced with students that have less clinical experience, and more experience doing research, or exotic, aquatics etc. So in addition to the feedback you receive for improving your application, try to diversify it so that you can better complement the incoming class of the next cycle.

Best of luck to all of you!

Hello Everyone,

I was accepted as a OOS back in December and I was hoping to get input from people who are current students or have more information about the campus. I am planning on going to open day in March, but I was wondering how big the case load is at Oregon? Does anyone have any pro's or Con's they would like to share?

Thank you in advance :)

I was recently talking w/an intern at CSU who recently earned her DVM at OSU. She was talking about the case load/ experience at OSU & said that although there are less cases than the number that go through the VTH at CSU, the low number of DVM students at OSU results in more hands-on experience than she sees the DVM students getting at CSU. She loved Oregon because of the class size & in general she had a really good experience.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey tollers, what/when is open day?
Hey, open day is for accepted students to come and get a tour of the facility and there are a bunch of topics and activities during the day for us to go and watch and see. I'm not sure if it's just for OOS students since we never got to see the campus officially. I got this email from Tess out 5 days after I got my acceptance email in December.

Hey, open day is for accepted students to come and get a tour of the facility and there are a bunch of topics and activities during the day for us to go and watch and see. I'm not sure if it's just for OOS students since we never got to see the campus officially. I got this email from Tess out 5 days after I got my acceptance email in December.
Thanks! I guess it is just OOS students. It sounds really fun :(
edit: most people were dressed pretty casually for our school tours. I 'd say business-casual would be just fine for open day! But maybe current OOS students can weigh in?

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks! I guess it is just OOS students. It sounds really fun :(
edit: most people were dressed pretty casually for our school tours. I 'd say business-casual would be just fine for open day! But maybe current OOS students can weigh in?
no problem, the schedule of events looks promising so hopefully it will help me make my decision!
okay thank you! I appreciate your input :)

Hello Everyone,

I was accepted as a OOS back in December and I was hoping to get input from people who are current students or have more information about the campus. I am planning on going to open day in March, but I was wondering how big the case load is at Oregon? Does anyone have any pro's or Con's they would like to share?

Thank you in advance :)

hey, i'll be visiting OSU for march welcome day as well! i was planning on business casual for events on friday. looking forward to meeting everyone else that will be there! i heard from one 4th year there that because it's much smaller than other schools, they had the chance to do more and earlier on, and that professors knew every student by name. i'll be in from boston, so oregon is feeling like a tropical vacation coming up!

hey, i'll be visiting OSU for march welcome day as well! i was planning on business casual for events on friday. looking forward to meeting everyone else that will be there! i heard from one 4th year there that because it's much smaller than other schools, they had the chance to do more and earlier on, and that professors knew every student by name. i'll be in from boston, so oregon is feeling like a tropical vacation coming up!

Hello, I'm glad someone else is going on the same day as me! :highfive:
I was planning to dress business casual as well but you never know. I emailed Tess to find out and will let you know once she emails me back. It must be freezing in Boston right now :eek: