OT: Lion Tacos?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Am I slightly confused here or isn't the lion population on the decline?😕

Yeah, last time I heard it was. Like I said, they're a threatened species. The way they back this up is the meat is from captive lions that would never go into the wild pool. But, who says that poachers can't kill a lion in the wild and import it here for money? It's all crazy.
 
I can appreciate adventurous food, but when I read the article it seems a bit much. There are plenty of other things to eat. I think it is a poorly thought out idea.
 
I don't know why some one would want to eat a top-of-the-food-chain predator, talk about concentration of trophic contaminates (biomagnification)
 
People want to be macho and say they've eaten a lion? 😡
(though yes, as a veggie, I don't have much understanding of a meat-eater's preferences/ideas)
 
Yeah, last time I heard it was. Like I said, they're a threatened species. The way they back this up is the meat is from captive lions that would never go into the wild pool. But, who says that poachers can't kill a lion in the wild and import it here for money? It's all crazy.

That was my thinking exactly... this seems like it would encourage poaching. And wasn't there a group and successfully reintroduced 2 lions back into the wild, I believe it was in South Africa? (uh oh, I can feel my blood begin to boil about my stance with zoos and their horrible reintroduction practices)