OT: Little embarassing facts about ourselves...

Started by vetme
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

vetme

KSU CVM c/o 2015
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will start (of course you don't have to contribute, but it could be fun) and I don't mind if you make fun of me!

Before joining this forum a couple of months ago I had never heard of matriculation and did not know what it meant. I had to go to dictionary .com to find out😳
 
I can't pronounce a variety of words and studiously practiced avoiding them during the interview. I also sub words accidentally and then won't be able to say the correct word even though I know it.

The problem is - there are a lot of those types of words.

For example: exclamation vs exclaimation vs explanation vs ......

As for subbing words, for example, I may say "mushroom" when when I mean "marshmello", but I won't be able to say marshmello to save my life.......even though I can picture one in my head.

So yeah... there were a LOT of words i had to steer clear of in the interview!

It's been a problem my entire life and something I've learned to deal with over the years (I do a lot of public speaking). I'm pretty good in public now, but at home, my boyfriend has to constantly correct me.
 
I wrote a headline back in my newspaper days that ended up on one of those Tonight Show "funny headlines" segments. By complete coincidence - since I basically never watch the Tonight Show - I happened to actually see it when it was broadcast.

It was something like "Council plans to plan strategic plan" .... I don't apologize for it, because darn it, it was completely accurate (and, admittedly, a bit reflective of my eye-rolling at the overly drawn-out process they were going through). 😉

Ah well. I wasn't cut out for the news biz.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can't pronounce a variety of words and studiously practiced avoiding them during the interview.

Aww this is so me too! I may know the word on paper but when it come to pronouncing some words sometimes it just doesn't come out.

Besides scientific names the most common word I can't say is grocery I end up saying something like "Gross-ree" 😳
 
hmm these don't seem too embarrassing to me lol In terms of words and the way I talk, my boyfriend says that I sound like a mix between a valley girl and a pot head LOL He told his dad that, and his dad agrees!!! :laugh: so that basically describes how i talk. I always forget words, I always substitute the wrong words, and sometimes if I'm telling a story I just get so excited as I'm telling it that its like POOF what was I talking about? and i'll just pause for a while as i try to figure out what my original point was lol

So this is one thing that i actually think is embarrassing, i bite the skin around my fingers 🙁 I started this habit when I was 5 and had the scariest kindergarden teacher ever. Since then, i always do it when I'm stressed. With my type A personality it basically means i always do it lol. My fingers can get pretty creepy looking during exams in school. Now that i'm in vet schoool, omgg its like every day is insanely stressful. Ive had to start wearing band aids 24/7 because at the rate I'm biting in vet school i probably wont have any fingers left lol. Also, after 20 years of doing this i definitely have lost sensation in my finger tips. I realize after doing more clinical stuff now that it will impact my skills as a vet in many ways 🙁 so yea, band aids for the rest of the 4 yrs of school so I can be a competent clinical vet if needed lol
 
So this is one thing that i actually think is embarrassing, i bite the skin around my fingers 🙁 I started this habit when I was 5 and had the scariest kindergarden teacher ever. Since then, i always do it when I'm stressed. With my type A personality it basically means i always do it lol. My fingers can get pretty creepy looking during exams in school. Now that i'm in vet schoool, omgg its like every day is insanely stressful. Ive had to start wearing band aids 24/7 because at the rate I'm biting in vet school i probably wont have any fingers left lol. Also, after 20 years of doing this i definitely have lost sensation in my finger tips. I realize after doing more clinical stuff now that it will impact my skills as a vet in many ways 🙁 so yea, band aids for the rest of the 4 yrs of school so I can be a competent clinical vet if needed lol

OMG! I do this too! I bite the cuticles around my nails and tear them off. I wonder if I made a concentrated effort I could stop this habit? I really should - it doesn't make my fingers look better, I look like an idiot while I do it. I don't think I've actually ever TRIED to seriously quit - but you are right - it's just going to get so much worse in vet school. mmm.....
 
I also sub words accidentally and then won't be able to say the correct word even though I know it.

As for subbing words, for example, I may say "mushroom" when when I mean "marshmello", but I won't be able to say marshmello to save my life.......even though I can picture one in my head.

OMGGGG I do that too but I've never been able to explain my problem like that! You have finally put it into words! Haha I do that constantly and no one understands
 
One of the first times I met the equine vet who treated my horses in college (and who I eventually worked for), I passed out.

I woke up on the floor of the wash stall with my head in his lap. 😱 No, he's not young and attractive or anything! 🙄 I have never, ever lived that one down. Believe me. He still teases me.

I also blush like crazy when I get embarressed. This, in and of itself, is embarrassing!
 
I am an absolutely horrible liar. This can be a good thing, but it also provides plenty of blackmail and joke fodder for my friends, who enjoy asking random(ie. inappropriate) questions, just to see what happens.
 
OMGGGG I do that too but I've never been able to explain my problem like that! You have finally put it into words! Haha I do that constantly and no one understands

I do this. I used to be so embarrassed and break down in tears because of the embarrassment, but my coping mechanism now is to pause, describe that word to the person I'm talking to (ignoring weird looks like I'm a dumb person), and then continue talking. I get the strangest reactions, but hey - at least I get the word I was searching for.

I'm another one that can't pronounce worth a darn. Gross is one that trips me up. Binoculars...ironically, I can speak Japanese pretty well. Thank you, easy phonetic language...
 
I have mild OCD. I have to check at least 5 times to make sure the door is locked before I go to bed. When I am at home alone, I have to make sure my dogs are breathing (numerous times) before I fall asleep. I used to be afraid that I would wake up blind, which caused me to have sleeping issues. I have to check numerous times to make sure my alarm clock is working before I fall asleep. I am also a huge worrywart, which drives my SO crazy. I must admit that my anxiety is starting to tone down a bit.
Whenever I drive by the place that I buried my hamster, Wendy, I tell her that I love her and miss her, no matter who is in the car with me. This confuses a lot of people..(typing this made me tear up a bit..😳)
I also spend WAY too much money on my hamster, Peanut. I go to the pet store at least once every week to buy him something..
 
I have to make sure my dogs are breathing (numerous times) before I fall asleep.

The other night I had a dream that my dog had died, so I sat bolt upright in bed in the middle of the night and shook my dog awake like ELLA ARE YOU ALIVE?! She finally woke up briefly enough to look at me and then went back to sleep, but I stayed up a couple of more minutes listening to her breathe just in case in my dream stupor :laugh:
 
I have mild OCD. I have to check at least 5 times to make sure the door is locked before I go to bed. When I am at home alone, I have to make sure my dogs are breathing (numerous times) before I fall asleep. I used to be afraid that I would wake up blind, which caused me to have sleeping issues. I have to check numerous times to make sure my alarm clock is working before I fall asleep.

OMG I do the same things! Like I obsessively check the door, and will force myself out of bed even when I'm drifting off to sleep. This paranoia was only made worse when I awoke one night to the sound of someone trying to break in! Scared the crap out of me! He was jiggling the doorknob, and that's the sound I woke up to, and I was like "PLEASE tell me I locked the door!" (I did). Ever since then, my locked door checking has only grown more obsessive, haha.

And ditto on the alarm clock thing. Sometimes I set multiple alarms "just in case" the power goes off and the one plugged into the wall doesn't go off, the phone one will. And this has happened before, too, btw, which again only fuels my OCD.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can't whistle, blow bubbles (with gum), or twirl pens with my fingers.

I also turn red very easily (from cold/heat, nervousness/embarrassment, drinking, etc). My facial skin is very thin apparently.
 
OMG I do the same things! Like I obsessively check the door, and will force myself out of bed even when I'm drifting off to sleep. This paranoia was only made worse when I awoke one night to the sound of someone trying to break in! Scared the crap out of me! He was jiggling the doorknob, and that's the sound I woke up to, and I was like "PLEASE tell me I locked the door!" (I did). Ever since then, my locked door checking has only grown more obsessive, haha.

And ditto on the alarm clock thing. Sometimes I set multiple alarms "just in case" the power goes off and the one plugged into the wall doesn't go off, the phone one will. And this has happened before, too, btw, which again only fuels my OCD.
Are we the same person? Everything you mentioned has happened to me..And I will also force myself out of bed to make sure the door is locked..even though I know it is.🙄
 
I think I have overactive snot glands, or something. A lot of times, especially when I am self-conscious about what I just said or trying to be polite, I will make a little laughing sound by blowing a little air out my nose. I can't help it. Nor can I help the fact that, more often than not, a tiny little spray of snot will spray out of my nose. Most of the time it goes unnoticed, but I know that sometimes people notice because there are times when my friends will point it out to me and laugh.
 
Okay here is an embarassing story. You know when someone says something to you and its in your brain so you just kinda regurgitate it?

Well after a couple days working at a new clinic the head boss doc comes up and introduces himself. He was just like "hello I am Dr. SuchandSuch" and I just kindly replied "I am Dr. Me" 😳 I quickly tried to fix it by not making my self look any more like a dummy but how do you recover from accidently introducing yourself as a Dr? 😱
 
I think my hair smells bad constantly... for some reason my hair just oils up... so I scoot chairs away gradually from people after I sit in them in class... even though friends assure me I am just paranoid
 
My first vet job, about 7 years ago, was the result of the director of my vet. tech program calling in a favor.

I had zero experience, and I needed to get some fast, so she pulled some strings and got me a job with a doctor friend of hers.

Little did I know, the guy thought he was hiring a CVT to replace the head tech he lost a few weeks prior. He just assumed, and I was too nervous and dumb to make the connection.

Sooo. I end up with a 15 dollar an hour pay rate. Again, I'm too dumb and unaware of what the actual starting rate is to understand. I make it through the first 20 minutes of my first shift before something actually happens that I would have to deal with, assuming that I had the training he hired me for.

The cover I didn't know I had was immediately blown, but I didn't know it.

The guy was so nice, he kept me on for almost 3 weeks before admitting that he was grossly overpaying me, and didn't have a job for me in the first place. And I thought I had found the best job ever, making 15/hr. to sweep floors and restrain dogs.

Probably the most humiliating conversation I've ever had, also the only time I've ever been technically 'fired.'
 
Okay here is an embarassing story. You know when someone says something to you and its in your brain so you just kinda regurgitate it?

Well after a couple days working at a new clinic the head boss doc comes up and introduces himself. He was just like "hello I am Dr. SuchandSuch" and I just kindly replied "I am Dr. Me" 😳 I quickly tried to fix it by not making my self look any more like a dummy but how do you recover from accidently introducing yourself as a Dr? 😱

:laugh: I love this :laugh:
 
I have this awful habit of picking up accents when people are talking to me. I have no idea why it happens, but it's so embarrassing! I swear sometimes people think I am mocking them, but I honestly don't intend to do it. The specialty/emergency clinic I work at just hired a staff oncologist from the UK. I worked with him for the first time Friday and caught myself doing it several times. He probably thinks I'm some kind of freak, or even worse, a jerk! And I thought I only had to deal with this with a rare international client. 🙄 Sigh. I thought I was all alone in this until I happened to be reading an advice column where a British person living in the U.S. wrote in about someone like me and the advice columnist responded that it's probably not personal and somewhat uncontrollable. It felt so nice to know that there are others like me. And for those of you with accents that may encounter this, I promise, it's not intentional!
 
I have this awful habit of picking up accents when people are talking to me. I have no idea why it happens, but it's so embarrassing! I swear sometimes people think I am mocking them, but I honestly don't intend to do it. The specialty/emergency clinic I work at just hired a staff oncologist from the UK. I worked with him for the first time Friday and caught myself doing it several times. He probably thinks I'm some kind of freak, or even worse, a jerk! And I thought I only had to deal with this with a rare international client. 🙄 Sigh. I thought I was all alone in this until I happened to be reading an advice column where a British person living in the U.S. wrote in about someone like me and the advice columnist responded that it's probably not personal and somewhat uncontrollable. It felt so nice to know that there are others like me. And for those of you with accents that may encounter this, I promise, it's not intentional!

You are definitely not alone! I used to have almost no accent at all (even living in the southeast. Thank god for a mother who does speech pathology!) But after working with someone who had a deep south accent, it only took two weeks for my husband to start making fun of my new twang.
 
I have this awful habit of picking up accents when people are talking to me. I have no idea why it happens, but it's so embarrassing! I swear sometimes people think I am mocking them, but I honestly don't intend to do it. The specialty/emergency clinic I work at just hired a staff oncologist from the UK. I worked with him for the first time Friday and caught myself doing it several times. He probably thinks I'm some kind of freak, or even worse, a jerk! And I thought I only had to deal with this with a rare international client. 🙄 Sigh. I thought I was all alone in this until I happened to be reading an advice column where a British person living in the U.S. wrote in about someone like me and the advice columnist responded that it's probably not personal and somewhat uncontrollable. It felt so nice to know that there are others like me. And for those of you with accents that may encounter this, I promise, it's not intentional!

I lived in Canada for a bit and picked up the ever annoying "aye?" that people say after every sentence. I have finally just about rid myself of the habit 😉

and Dsmoody - that would have been totally humiliating. Completely not your fault - but wow!
 
I have this awful habit of picking up accents when people are talking to me. I have no idea why it happens, but it's so embarrassing! I swear sometimes people think I am mocking them, but I honestly don't intend to do it. The specialty/emergency clinic I work at just hired a staff oncologist from the UK. I worked with him for the first time Friday and caught myself doing it several times. He probably thinks I'm some kind of freak, or even worse, a jerk! And I thought I only had to deal with this with a rare international client. 🙄 Sigh. I thought I was all alone in this until I happened to be reading an advice column where a British person living in the U.S. wrote in about someone like me and the advice columnist responded that it's probably not personal and somewhat uncontrollable. It felt so nice to know that there are others like me. And for those of you with accents that may encounter this, I promise, it's not intentional!

I tend to do this too but I don't worry about it too much. I actually read an article a few weeks ago that said this is very common for everyone whether they notice it or not. They postulated that we do it to make ourselves more similar to the people we are talking to, as a way of making them more comfortable and establishing a pseudo-friendship.

now as for me, i bite my nails really short. Like bleeding, painfully short. I just bit them off the other day after going all year with really nice nails 🙁
it embarrasses me to have nails this short but I can't help it.

I also have two webbed toes. that used to embarrass me more than it does now. 😳
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
now as for me, i bite my nails really short. Like bleeding, painfully short. I just bit them off the other day after going all year with really nice nails 🙁
it embarrasses me to have nails this short but I can't help it.


rather than bite, i tend to pick at it with my other other nails. my toenails are the worst. if i don't have shoes and socks on, i tend to peel huge chunks of toenails off my toes. it's so bad, i'll pick off my entire pinky toenail. like none left whatsoever. it hurts

I think dsmoody wins this thread.
 
I'm 21 and have never had a boyfriend. And this is something that causes me great distress because I tend to think that I'm going to end up an old spinster with no husband. 🙁
 
I cannot however snap my fingers to save my life. And no amount of people showing me "Oh it's easy, just do this!" will solve that.

I understand HOW it's done perfectly well - I just can't get my bones to click together like that. So, I know how you feel.

I can't dance to save my life, or make my body do any sort of choreographed motion that's not just walking or marching in step. Grace? Please. Also, I can't throw a Frisbee straight. Ever.

I think picking up an accent from around you is natural. Sit me down with someone who talks like a Southerner and I'll have it back in five minutes, haha. I generally sound pretty normal and drawl-free.

As for weird, I dunno. I chew on dry spaghetti noodles sometimes when I'm bored? That's a bit odd. (I like to munch.)
 
I'm 21 and have never had a boyfriend. And this is something that causes me great distress because I tend to think that I'm going to end up an old spinster with no husband. 🙁

This just means your are too perfect and every boy might believe they don't deserve you. You are in no rush, love doesn't come fast or slow, it is right there when you find it though. 🙂


My embarrassing fact is I tend to connect numbers to genders and personalities. example: one is a jock/male, two is innocent/female, three is interesting/female, four is nerdy cute/male...etc.
 
I can't dance to save my life, or make my body do any sort of choreographed motion that's not just walking or marching in step. Grace? Please. Also, I can't throw a Frisbee straight. Ever.

Me either... on both accounts!

I think picking up an accent from around you is natural. Sit me down with someone who talks like a Southerner and I'll have it back in five minutes, haha. I generally sound pretty normal and drawl-free.

I don't have a noticeable accent and have never picked up the local accent anywhere I've lived (I've been in the northeast for 12 years and I'm still accent-free), but for some reason, if you put me around Canadians, it's all over. I traveled with a few Canadian students a number of years ago, and within a single afternoon... yeah.

As for weird, I dunno. I chew on dry spaghetti noodles sometimes when I'm bored? That's a bit odd. (I like to munch.)

I used to do this when I was younger. I spotted chocolate-raspberry pasta when I was in Seattle, and I'm thinking it could potentially cause me to revert to old habits. NOM.
 
Okay here is an embarassing story. You know when someone says something to you and its in your brain so you just kinda regurgitate it?

Well after a couple days working at a new clinic the head boss doc comes up and introduces himself. He was just like "hello I am Dr. SuchandSuch" and I just kindly replied "I am Dr. Me" 😳 I quickly tried to fix it by not making my self look any more like a dummy but how do you recover from accidently introducing yourself as a Dr? 😱

Hahaha, I have started to do this on several occasions.
 
I think dsmoody wins the internet.

Fixt.


images
 
Anyone else in here named after a song? It's pretty odd to hear your name randomly on the radio.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtPyk8_onO8[/YOUTUBE]

(I was bored on Youtube... I started out looking for homework stuff, I swear!)
 
I'm 21 and have never had a boyfriend. And this is something that causes me great distress because I tend to think that I'm going to end up an old spinster with no husband. 🙁


Boyfriends are overrated...I've been in 2 long term relationships ( 5 and 4 years) the second I'm still in.....but I've pretty much planned to be a crazy cat lady some day, don't really think marriage is for me 🙂 But whatever it is that you want I'm sure you'll get it😀
 
I'm 21 and have never had a boyfriend. And this is something that causes me great distress because I tend to think that I'm going to end up an old spinster with no husband. 🙁
Me, neither. Except it causes my mother a great deal more distress than it causes me. XD She's wanted grandkids since I started puberty.

I have issues with words, too. I often totally forget what word I'm trying to say. I have a pretty decent vocabulary from doing a lot of just-for-fun reading (fantasy books use the best words), but you'd never guess from the way I talk. In the middle of a sentence, I'll stop and be like, "That word. What's the word? It's like [this], but not...." Sometimes the other person will get it and give me the word... other times, I'll just forget what I'm saying and move on.

When I'm alone--and sometimes when I'm not--I talk to either myself or inanimate objects. Once when I was at work, I put down the garage bag while I ewnt to get a new bag, and pointed at it and said, "Stay!" One of the other techs walked by right as I was doing that, and kind of looked at me like I was crazy, then we both started laughing. I talk to my car all the time, too. On the way up a steep hill, I'll mutter, "Come on, Ariel, you can do it!" (Yes, my car is also named--my friends' doing, but I'm the only one who continues it.) In my car, I will burst out laughing at random things I think of, sing along to the radio really loudly (and laugh at myself doing this), talk to myself, and any number of things I would never think of doing outside my car. My car will never tell on me.

Sometimes, when I'm trying to work out a problem, I have fake conversations in my head with someone I know--a friend, usually, but sometimes my family. I'll say something, I'll imagine what they'd say, and how I'd respond, and so on. I usually get distracted before I solve whatever issue I'm having, but I guess it helps. Or else I wouldn't still do it. Or something.
 
Anyone else in here named after a song? It's pretty odd to hear your name randomly on the radio.

That is an awesome song and an awesome name. Don't let anyone ever tell you different.

The other night I had a dream that my dog had died, so I sat bolt upright in bed in the middle of the night and shook my dog awake like ELLA ARE YOU ALIVE?! She finally woke up briefly enough to look at me and then went back to sleep, but I stayed up a couple of more minutes listening to her breathe just in case in my dream stupor
I did this once with my lab when he was a 5 month old puppy. It was the first time he was left out of his kennel and, as a result, the first time he'd ever slept in my bed with me. Dreamed that he died so I woke up with a start, had my arm around him, and, holy crap! He wasn't breathing! Surely I had suffocated him!

So I shook him and he didn't respond, shook him again and he didn't respond, freaking out I shook him hard and then smacked him on the flank. If a dog can give you a 'go to hell look', I'm fairly certain I got one from him. He stirred, looked at me, shifted to take up more of the bed, then went back to sleep.

I have this awful habit of picking up accents when people are talking to me.
I do this. Picked up a British accent for a couple weeks after watching The Long Way Around and did it again while watching the All Creatures Great and Small series.


This just means your are too perfect and every boy might believe they don't deserve you.
Actually there's some truth to this. Some guys just figure a girl is too perfect and surely already has a boyfriend, so don't really bother with her if they don't already know her.
 
Anyone else in here named after a song? It's pretty odd to hear your name randomly on the radio.

nope, that would be much more preferred over what where I got my name (now to think of it, it's kind of embarrassing). i was named after a cartoon goat that was supposed to go to slaughter because she wasn't producing any milk (though from what I can gather based on the fact that the goat was a little baby, I think that might be because she was never bred :d. That or it was male. Anyone else see teats on that thing?). Thanks mom.

ts

Character names are as follows:
Alm-Öhi - old guy
Heidi, Clara, Peter - children
Joseph - dog

All of the above with quasi- swiss german pronunciations.
now... why is the goat the only one with a Japanese name?

To add a hideous song to that (though it gets catchy after a while - admittedly, I karaoke it anytime I see it):
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hKi1VlE94A[/YOUTUBE]
 
nope, that would be much more preferred over what where I got my name (now to think of it, it's kind of embarrassing). i was named after a cartoon goat that was supposed to go to slaughter because she wasn't producing any milk (though from what I can gather based on the fact that the goat was a little baby, I think that might be because she was never bred :d. That or it was male. Anyone else see teats on that thing?). Thanks mom.

ts

Character names are as follows:
Alm-Öhi - old guy
Heidi, Clara, Peter - children
Joseph - dog

All of the above with quasi- swiss german pronunciations.
now... why is the goat the only one with a Japanese name?

To add a hideous song to that (though it gets catchy after a while - admittedly, I karaoke it anytime I see it):
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hKi1VlE94A[/YOUTUBE]

Not related to you being named after it, but I ABSOLUTELY LOVED that anime as a kid. I hadn't seen it mentioned in years.

I would have been named Hikaru if male. Instead, I'm a white female with the second most popular name of the 1990s.
 
Hey, it's a cute goat and a cute song. 🙂

I hope no one thinks the goat is named Minnerbelle... lol.

ETA: I was almost an Ashley... it would have been very confusing. I know lots of Ashleys. I dunno if that's the name you were talking about, trilt, but it's possible! Now I wonder what on earth drove my parents to narrow it down to those two - one very plain and one a bit weird? So different.
 
rather than bite, i tend to pick at it with my other other nails. my toenails are the worst. if i don't have shoes and socks on, i tend to peel huge chunks of toenails off my toes. it's so bad, i'll pick off my entire pinky toenail. like none left whatsoever. it hurts

:laugh:I take big chunks of my toenails off too while doing that very same thing, and my pinky toe nail is so small that it doesnt take much to rip it off!😳

As for weird, I dunno. I chew on dry spaghetti noodles sometimes when I'm bored? That's a bit odd. (I like to munch.)

👍 I love love love to munch on dry pasta.👍
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have mild OCD. I have to check at least 5 times to make sure the door is locked before I go to bed. When I am at home alone, I have to make sure my dogs are breathing (numerous times) before I fall asleep. I used to be afraid that I would wake up blind, which caused me to have sleeping issues. I have to check numerous times to make sure my alarm clock is working before I fall asleep. I am also a huge worrywart, which drives my SO crazy. I must admit that my anxiety is starting to tone down a bit.
Whenever I drive by the place that I buried my hamster, Wendy, I tell her that I love her and miss her, no matter who is in the car with me. This confuses a lot of people..(typing this made me tear up a bit..😳)
I also spend WAY too much money on my hamster, Peanut. I go to the pet store at least once every week to buy him something..

ME TOO. I'm always embarrassed that someone is going to see me checking the door 90 times as I leave the house. At least the alarm-checking isn't so public.

My embarrassing fact: I'm straight terrified of bats. Such a tiny little creature but I think they are creepy and terrifying. People tell me that their purpose is to eat bugs, but I'm convinced that their secret agenda is to tangle themselves in your hair and bite you and give you rabies. UGH. I got judged for this hardcore in college because someone in my dorm "thought she might have seen a bat in the stairwell, one time, maybe" and I took the elevator for 3 months.

vampire_bat.jpg


I mean, right? JUST LOOK AT THAT.
 
My embarassing fact...I sweat...a lot. It's really gross. My dad, maternal grandmother, and brother are all the same way. I don't really know about the rest of my family's valume of perspiration, except that my mom almost never sweats. The best part is that I live in Florida where 3/4 of the year, when I step outside I start sweating. Everything from temperature to stress can make me perspire. Like I said...gross...it makes me feel disgusting.
 
My parents let my sisters name me. So they chose their favorite character from Full House. My mom didn't know how to spell Michelle (not a common name in Germany), so that's why my name is spelled weird. Not a song, but..