Wanted to join this thread!
Applied: Samuel Merritt, Dominican University, AT Still, Midwestern AZ, Loma Linda, MCPHS, University of Mary, West Coast University
Will be applying soon: St Augustine Fl & San Marcos, Stanbridge
Interviews: AT Still (2/1), Midwestern AZ (1/15), Loma Linda (1/7), Samuel Merritt (1/12)
Have not heard back: Dominican University, MCPHS, University of Mary, West Coast University (still have one pending coursework, they said they will wait before inviting to interview)
I don’t have the best stats, but I’m so glad I got invited to interview at my top schools so far!
Major: BS in Kinesiology from SJSU
CGPA: 3.3
Prereq GPA: 3.6-3.7 depends on school
Last 60: 3.3
GRE: 148, 148, 4.5 (Will retake Feb but most schools I applied to don’t require)
Observation Hours: 70 hrs Hospital Inpatient Stroke/TBI, 48 hrs Outpatient Hospital, 21 hrs Nursing home, 80 hrs Hand Therapy, 70 hrs Pediatrics, 35 hrs Mental Health Facility
Experience & other volunteer hrs: Oral surgery assistant for 7 yrs. 45 hrs at Mental Health Facility leading support groups & classes, 100 hrs Teaching/A Matter of Balance Coach, 1000+ hrs Teacher at Sunday school, others 20+hrs
Letters of Rec: 1 from anatomy professor, 1 from my surgeon employer, 2 from OT’s, 1 from teaching supervisor
I really don’t have the best stats, but I think my volunteer hrs at many different settings (5-6 OT settings) definitely helped me land interviews! And I worked so hard on my personal statement as well. It’s not all about the GPA/GRE scores. Show that you are passionate and have lots of diff experiences & they’ll likely give you a shot!
Hoping I can get in somewhere!!! This is my second year applying. Only applied to one school last year which was definitely silly considering my stats! Did anybody else interview at AT Still & Midwestern AZ? Any tips?? I would actually want to get out of CA & move elsewhere, like AZ! *fingers crossed*