General Admissions & OTCAS OTCAS 2018 - 2019 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello All! I am so happy to have found this thread!! I interviewed with TTUHSC in December, and was wondering if anyone has heard back from them?
I also interviewed in December and heard back at the end of December that I had been waitlisted.

Members don't see this ad.

Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 2.89
Prereq GPA: 3.7
GRE: 157 V 155 Q 4.0 W

Experiences: 3 years as a Kinesiologist doing spinal cord research at Mayo Clinic.
16 hours in hand therapy, 4 hours in pediatric, 200 in SNF, 48 hours inpatient rehab

Volunteer: 300 hours in a local non-profit hospital, 100 in an assistive rowing program

Applied: around 20 schools
Rejections: Tennessee State, Messiah, U of St.Mary
Interview (so far): Indiana Wesleyan University, University of Alamaba-Birmingham, Uni of North Dakota
Accepted: Shawnee State University, Governor State University
Waitlisted: Creighton University

Honestly the waiting is the worst; Even when I feel like I did really well on an interview, the longer I wait for a response the more I start to obsessively analyze all the details I remember from the past interview. Really wish the interview process was like a game show where you knew exactly where you stood in terms of admission lol.

Reactions: 1 users
I have an interview on Friday and will be catching my flight right after. Has anyone done the same thing previously? Where do you leave your bags if you have to take them with you?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
They changed there pre-requisites so chemistry isn't required and neither is the GRE now but it doesn't open up until March thru June and I was just told interviews won't happen till July so it is kind of a long time to wait but I wouldn't have to move but its something to look at it if you do not get into another program. I do know they put an upper level psychology course for one of the pre ot classes its called neuroscience of behavior so I will have to look at where to get that class completed since the community college here doesn't offer that course. But, it seems like a good program from what I am hearing I know the director and three other members of her staff all come from St Louis University.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard back from Midwestern (Downers Grove)? I applied on December 3rd and I am just wondering if anyone knows when invitations for interviews will be sent

Has anyone heard back from Midwestern (Downers Grove)? I applied on December 3rd and I am just wondering if anyone knows when invitations for interviews will be sent
I applied in a September and I just got an interview invitation today.

I just got accepted into the school that is my top pick! I still have one more interview this upcoming Friday. Even if I do get into the school that I have the interview for next, I will not go because I already got in where I want. What should I do? Would it be bad if I let them know I won’t be attending the interview?

Send them and email and let them know you decline your interview so they can interview another worthy candidate in your place. Schools do “waitlists” for interviews , I’ve been on one before! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will do that ASAP! Thank you! I hope someone else gets to take my place in the interview.

Send them and email and let them know you decline your interview so they can interview another worthy candidate in your place. Schools do “waitlists” for interviews , I’ve been on one before! Congrats!

Also, how many days before did they notify you about that interview when you were on the waitlist?

University: University of Arkansas
Major: Sociology
GPA: 3.76
GRE: 143Q, 151V, 4.5AW
Applying to: Georgia State, Texas Tech, MUSC, and UW-Madison

Haven't heard back from any of my schools yet but hoping for the best! Also is anyone into BTS? I feel like during these difficult times of waiting some of us can all come together on mutual interest! Jungkook is my bias but I'm open to all of them tbh.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I got accepted to both AT Still & Midwestern and both are amazing schools!

AT Still: For the interview, they use the same questions for all of their applicants (except the OTD had a few questions individual to them). I compiled a bunch of interview questions from previous AT Still forums and luckily, I was asked many, if not all, of the questions that I practiced. So I think they stick with the same questions?? The interview was 30 minutes long

Midwestern: They give you 30 minutes for the interview. They asked me 5 questions (not standard across the board compared to AT Still). A few situational. Since they only asked me 5 questions, I finished answering them within like 10 minutes. I think what helped me was that I spend a solid 20 minutes asking and talking about their research and areas of specialization.

I think I applied to many of the schools you listed so if you have any questions about the Samuel Merritt or Loma Linda interview, or if you want to ask me more questions about AT Still and Midwestern, feel free to DM me!

Did you apply for just the MOT or both MOT and OTD at AT Still? I just sent in my secondary application which I didn't realize went to my spam email. Do you know if they are still accepting applicants? I know admission is rolling but I am not sure when they finish accepting applicants. Thanks!!

UPDATE

Applied: UW-Madison, UW-Milwaukee, Carroll, WashU, Midwestern (Downer's Grove), St. Ambrose, AT Still, University of South Dakota, St. Catherine's, Belmont
Interviews: St. Ambrose (10/19), Midwestern (10/23), Belmont (11/16), AT Still (declined)
Acceptances
: Wash U, Belmont
Rejections
:
I have an interview with Belmont this weekend do you have any advice?

I interviewed at Belmont in November and it was great! You have an individual interview with 2 faculty members back to back for 10 minutes each. They each ask you about 3 questions and then let you ask questions. For the essay you read a passage about leadership in OT and summarize it. They give you tours of the labs and you get to talk to students which was nice!

Did you apply for just the MOT or both MOT and OTD at AT Still? I just sent in my secondary application which I didn't realize went to my spam email. Do you know if they are still accepting applicants? I know admission is rolling but I am not sure when they finish accepting applicants. Thanks!!

I applied for the MOT. I heard they accept around 13 students for the OTD. I was in the first round of interviews back in October and there were already around 6 students applying for the OTD so you should definitely email them and ask if they filled their seats!

I’m interviewing for OTD/MSOT next month so they may still have spots open!

Just be yourself! If you try to say what you think they want to hear, they will be able to tell. Also try not to be super nervous. Just be friendly, talkative, and answer the questions genuinely. I went into this interview with a whole new mindset than the other ones I went to. I just tried to relax and not sound scripted!

Has anyone heard back from Loma Linda University or Midwestern University (AZ)? I already had interviews for both but still waiting for an acceptance/rejection.

I’ve already been accepted to West Coast University for their summer cohort but I’m just curious.

Update
Applied
: UW-Madison, UW-Milwaukee, Carroll, WashU, Midwestern (Downer's Grove), St. Ambrose, AT Still, University of South Dakota, St. Catherine's, Belmont
Interviews: St. Ambrose (10/19), Midwestern (10/23), Belmont (11/16), AT Still (declined), USD (declined)
Acceptances: Wash U, Belmont, Caroll University
Rejections:

Wanted to join this thread!

Applied: Samuel Merritt, Dominican University, AT Still, Midwestern AZ, Loma Linda, MCPHS, University of Mary, West Coast University
Will be applying soon: St Augustine Fl & San Marcos, Stanbridge
Interviews: AT Still (2/1), Midwestern AZ (1/15), Loma Linda (1/7), Samuel Merritt (1/12)
Have not heard back: Dominican University, MCPHS, University of Mary, West Coast University (still have one pending coursework, they said they will wait before inviting to interview)

I don’t have the best stats, but I’m so glad I got invited to interview at my top schools so far!

Major: BS in Kinesiology from SJSU
CGPA: 3.3
Prereq GPA: 3.6-3.7 depends on school
Last 60: 3.3
GRE: 148, 148, 4.5 (
Will retake Feb but most schools I applied to don’t require)
Observation Hours: 70 hrs Hospital Inpatient Stroke/TBI, 48 hrs Outpatient Hospital, 21 hrs Nursing home, 80 hrs Hand Therapy, 70 hrs Pediatrics, 35 hrs Mental Health Facility
Experience & other volunteer hrs: Oral surgery assistant for 7 yrs. 45 hrs at Mental Health Facility leading support groups & classes, 100 hrs Teaching/A Matter of Balance Coach, 1000+ hrs Teacher at Sunday school, others 20+hrs
Letters of Rec: 1 from anatomy professor, 1 from my surgeon employer, 2 from OT’s, 1 from teaching supervisor

I really don’t have the best stats, but I think my volunteer hrs at many different settings (5-6 OT settings) definitely helped me land interviews! And I worked so hard on my personal statement as well. It’s not all about the GPA/GRE scores. Show that you are passionate and have lots of diff experiences & they’ll likely give you a shot!

Hoping I can get in somewhere!!! This is my second year applying. Only applied to one school last year which was definitely silly considering my stats! Did anybody else interview at AT Still & Midwestern AZ? Any tips?? I would actually want to get out of CA & move elsewhere, like AZ! *fingers crossed*
May I ask if you’ve heard any news from Loma Linda yet?

Update
Applied
: UW-Madison, UW-Milwaukee, Carroll, WashU, Midwestern (Downer's Grove), St. Ambrose, AT Still, University of South Dakota, St. Catherine's, Belmont
Interviews: St. Ambrose (10/19), Midwestern (10/23), Belmont (11/16), AT Still (declined), USD (declined)
Acceptances
: Wash U, Belmont, Caroll University
Rejections
:
Did Midwestern (IL) give you any sort of timeline of when they would let you know if you are accepted or not?

Hi all! I was hoping to get a little advice on my stats and see how I compare to other applicants. Any advice would be wonderful! :)

Major: {Dual Degree (BS & BA) in Kinesiology & Psychology}
Overall GPA: 3.5
OTCAS GPA: 3.37
Prerequisite GPA: 3.5 - 3.8
GRE: 147V, 148Q, 4.0W {Most schools have no minimum or do not require}
Observations: Pediatrics, Outpatient, & State School
Work experience: 3 years as a Teacher's Assistant
Service: 50+ Hours Local (Cancer Support Group & VFW)
Leadership: First Year Mentor
Letters of Recommendation: Boss from work, OT, 2 Professors
Applied/Applying to: KU Med, Rockhurst, Cox, Mizzou, Drake, St. Ambrose, Indiana Wesleyan, Belmont, Methodist, & Wingate

Please let me know what you all think! GOOD LUCK to everyone throughout this process! :)
Hey I applied to Cox, have you heard anything yet?

That’s what they told me as well. Trolling these message boards, I think I’ve only seen one person that got an early acceptance to GSU and everyone else has been waitlisted.

How have your other interviews gone? I'm so ready to just know where I am going. This waiting game is another level of stress.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using SDN mobile

I won’t hear back from TWU until February either. I don’t interview in LA until April. I’m still waiting to hear back from a few other schools and I’m probably gonna start looking to see who is still accepting applications bc I’m starting to get nervous!

I'm sure you'll hear soon, stay confident!! You got this!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using SDN mobile

University: Tennessee State University graduated in 2017
Major: Health Sciences
Overall GPA: 3.0
Pre-Req GPA: 3.1
Last 60: 3.3
GRE: 155, 156, 5.0

Extra-Curric: National Council of Negro Women Inc. TSU Wesley Foundation
Employment: St. Louis Children's Hospital
Volunteer: St. Louis Arc, Hands On Nashville, Nashville General Hospital
Observation: 143 hrs. Outpatient & Inpatient rehab, and Pediatric clinic
Recommendations: 1 OT, 1 Professor, 1 Work Manager
Certifications: CPR, QPR Suicide Prevention

Applying/ Applied: Missouri State University, Maryville University of St. Louis, A. T. Still University (Arizona), FAMU, University of Central Arkansas, Emory & Henry College, Nova Southern University, Barry University, Gannon University, University of St. Augustine (Austin)

I am currently retaking some preqs at my local community college. I am applying to so many schools because of my low gpa. I'm open to any advice to straighten my application.
hi, what ot program did you end up getting accepted into?

No news yet :( have you? I heard from someone they send out the rest of their decisions next week. So we shall see then

No news for me too. But someone from another thread just posted that they received their LLU acceptance today.

Hey. Have you heard from Nebraska Methodist yet???

Hey! I just heard back and they said I'm an "alternate", so if someone declines their admission, then I'll be one of the next to get in! So I,m hoping people decline! :(

Hey I applied to Cox, have you heard anything yet?
Hi! I also applied to cox. I heard this week that we’re making 75 selections to interview in March and April then narrowing down from there.

Hey! I just heard back and they said I'm an "alternate", so if someone declines their admission, then I'll be one of the next to get in! So I,m hoping people decline! :(
Ugh!! I’m sorry!! If you get accepted please message me. I’m looking for a possible roommate and just classmate for the program! Good luck to you. Praying for the best. If you need anything feel free to message me.

Hi! I also applied to cox. I heard this week that we’re making 75 selections to interview in March and April then narrowing down from there.
hmm that's odd since the applications isn't due until March 1st, so I bet they have to wait until the deadline. How many volunteer hours did you have? what were your stats if you don't mind sharing?
I have 3.7 pre
3.1 on my overall
11 years working as a CNA
15 hours of volunteer work in a school with kids with disablities

Ugh!! I’m sorry!! If you get accepted please message me. I’m looking for a possible roommate and just classmate for the program! Good luck to you. Praying for the best. If you need anything feel free to message me.
Thank you!! Did you accept your offer there?

hmm that's odd since the applications isn't due until March 1st, so I bet they have to wait until the deadline. How many volunteer hours did you have? what were your stats if you don't mind sharing?
I have 3.7 pre
3.1 on my overall
11 years working as a CNA
15 hours of volunteer work in a school with kids with disablities

They sent me the confirmation email about interviewing 75 in March and April, that’s how I know.
I have over 1000 hours in volunteer with different ministry organizations and leadership experience. Then about 150 hours in various clinical settings with an OT. I have a 3.6 GPA and 3.8-4.0 pre req GPA. Have you submitted your application yet? If so, you might want to email them to confirm it is verified.

They sent me the confirmation email about interviewing 75 in March and April, that’s how I know.
I have over 1000 hours in volunteer with different ministry organizations and leadership experience. Then about 150 hours in various clinical settings with an OT. I have a 3.6 GPA and 3.8-4.0 pre req GPA. Have you submitted your application yet? If so, you might want to email them to confirm it is verified.
No, this week. I’m a single working mom so it has taken me longer to get everything done and turned in to Cox! Are you applying elsewhere?

No, this week. I’m a single working mom so it has taken me longer to get everything done and turned in to Cox! Are you applying elsewhere?
Makes sense. I have applied to 6 schools. Cox is my last to hear back from.

have you had interviews? any acceptances yet?

Updated:

Applied: Brenau University, Georgia State, Wingate University, Emory & Henry, Medical University of SC, Milligan College, Mary Baldwin University

Interviews: Wingate (Oct. 26), Brenau (11/30), Georgia State (12/3), Mary Baldwin (Declined), Medical University of SC (1/29), Milligan College (2/22)

Acceptances:

Waitlist: Wingate, Georgia State, Brenau University

Rejections: