Past PsyD/PhD Students: When did interview offers sent?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

When did you get your interview offer?

• Total voters

brownqueen1992

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!
I'm applying to PhD/PsyD programs for Clinical Psych at a bunch of schools in the Chicago/Florida/New York area.
I was wondering when everyone got their offer for INTERVIEWS

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Check the previous years' interview threads

Reactions: 1 users
Also check the programs' website. They'll often give at least a rough time frame for when to expect your invitation. In my case, some of my invitations to interview came after I'd already received offers from other programs, so it can vary widely from program to program.

Members don't see this ad :)
The owl usually comes with your invitation at the beginning of the year. The sorting hat ceremony happens on the official match day. Totally got me out of a bad living situation after my parents died.

Or, I don't remember.

Reactions: 6 users
IIRC I got my first invite on 12/19 last year

I found that I typically heard back from programs (for interviews, acceptances, etc) approximately two weeks after being almost 100% sure I was going to lose my mind and give up on applications. I believe that was around Christmas, ergo my first interview invite was around the first week of January.

Good luck. Try not to stress too much about it.

I received 2 interview invitations before the break (both around Dec 18):
University of Nebraska-Lincoln - Counseling Psyc.
Texas Tech University -Counseling Psyc.
I also contacted 2 programs asking when their interview invitations would be sent and they notified me I wouldn't be invited for an interview. They are:
University of Southern Mississippi - Counseling Psyc.
Marquette - Counseling Psyc.

Has anyone received an interview invitation from Georgia State (counseling) or Colorado State (counseling)?