PaWWsta - The Game that WWrites Itself (Game Thread)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
from a village perspective it made sense too tbh if you think the last wolf is between vis and Miranda.
No
You never make a tie when you only have 1 misyeet left before YoLo, especially when you know there's a chance the tie maker dies too lol I still can't believe everyone just let that happen

Not that it mattered since you had your double kill anyway, but village pls

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
No
You never make a tie when you only have 1 misyeet left before YoLo, especially when you know there's a chance the tie maker dies too lol I still can't believe everyone just let that happen

Eh, I was pretty sure shorty would make the big deth. In that situation taking out the whole Poe is whatever

Members don't see this ad :)
No

I TRIED DUBZ I TRIED

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I wish I’d gone with my plan of fakeclaiming the block like 2 min to close as a last hail-mary to break the tie and hope the actual target died before seeing it, or make the sheer-chutzpah defense if there was a next day and a counterclaim

But I figured any positive utility to that was probably negated by suspicions of a strongarm

Members don't see this ad :)
GOD I KNEW IT WAS SAMAC

the last day I was like…. I have all these reasons that Vis can be a wolf, and I was hearing what you guys were saying about Miranda’s play…. But THEY DONT SOUND LIKE WOLVES

Sorry for making and sitting on the tie, I didn’t mean to 😅 it’s been long work days lately and I’ve been stressed, so it was easy to zone out from the game.

To answer samac’s question about the tie, if I had come back in time, I don’t know what I would’ve done with it. Probably flipped to her tbh. I wanted to flip Vis today and then samac tomorrow.

• Care
To answer samac’s question about the tie, if I had come back in time, I don’t know what I would’ve done with it. Probably flipped to her tbh. I wanted to flip Vis today and then samac tomorrow.
Actually, what I probably would’ve done was screamed at someone to get on Vis with me and then said how if it wasn’t Vis, we needed to yeet samac tomorrow and then HOPEFULLY died overnight

I already said this but all the noobs played a good game! Sometimes being at endgame with new players can be complicated or difficult but you guys were doing a good job of trying to work through and gamesolve.

Likewise, I felt like she was softing

But. Again, I wouldn’t be surprised by the existence of a strongarm so I don’t think it’s clearing either.

Actually, non-claiming the block might be villagey more than anything.
^i wrote this last night and then squinted and was like hmmm I can’t decide if I actually want to post this [for reasons I no longer remember]

@SportPonies deserves a lot of credit both for ultimately getting herself blocced despite subbing into a situation I thought was almost certain death and in suspecting samac the whole time. Good Dog.
Honestly, I still play with a mindset that I’m an easy misyeet even though (apparently, according to AM) I haven’t been in a while.

So I’m possibly more shocked than anyone else that I lived lol

• Care
@Viscernable sorry if you already answered in the last few pages I haven’t read, but were you blocked?

I wish I’d gone with my plan of fakeclaiming the block like 2 min to close as a last hail-mary to break the tie and hope the actual target died before seeing it, or make the sheer-chutzpah defense if there was a next day and a counterclaim

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
@samac honestly, I think the reason that I “end up turning on you” is because I can’t tone read you.

I can’t tone read samac, I can’t tone read genny, I can’t tone read Barks or Dina. Until the last year, Dubz was there too. And truly, I don’t think I can feel confident on my reads unless I CAN tone read people. meta helps a little but VCA and stuff can not pass go and go directly to jail.

So I end up letting those people live a while and try to let other people figure them out. And honestly, even if I hadn’t been at work today, I probably wouldn’t have made a strong push for you TODAY (tomorrow yes), because it’s hard for me to gun for someone that’s village-read when they’re someone in that pile. Makes me feel like I’m doing something wrong 😂

Whether or not anyone would flip to samac with my argument of “she sat on my yeet for days on end/made little effort elsewhere, the no kill is something she would do, BUSSING DOESNT CLEAR PEOPLE, etc” over someone like Miranda who wasn’t sitting on that fundamental turning point of the Veggie yeet, idk 😅

• Care
Ty @samac for the carry!

It feels right that village lose because of a tie after sussing me the night I avoided the tie looool, like. I only did it for the village cred + tie bad. But samac screamed in PM of how we could've had big villa death if I played dumb probably.

And I was like 'Welp, for sure villa would see that avoiding that was extremely pro-villa and that a wolf would never do that...." Spoiler it didn't happen.

I enjoyed the Skill Issue L+Ratio imsge a lot too lol.
I totally missed that there was a blocker in-game, if I remembered maybe I would insist on samac to do the kill that they had more village cred. Only maybe. I like killing too much

• Care
I still don’t get it :sorry:
Last game I was also a Wolf and short on time.

So I think I just quoted one of AM posts accusing me with a one liner reply and L+Ratio at the end, which made AM lose her mind (in a good way I think)

• Haha
  • Wow
@samac honestly, I think the reason that I “end up turning on you” is because I can’t tone read you.

I can’t tone read samac, I can’t tone read genny, I can’t tone read Barks or Dina. Until the last year, Dubz was there too. And truly, I don’t think I can feel confident on my reads unless I CAN tone read people. meta helps a little but VCA and stuff can not pass go and go directly to jail.

So I end up letting those people live a while and try to let other people figure them out. And honestly, even if I hadn’t been at work today, I probably wouldn’t have made a strong push for you TODAY (tomorrow yes), because it’s hard for me to gun for someone that’s village-read when they’re someone in that pile. Makes me feel like I’m doing something wrong 😂

Whether or not anyone would flip to samac with my argument of “she sat on my yeet for days on end/made little effort elsewhere, the no kill is something she would do, BUSSING DOESNT CLEAR PEOPLE, etc” over someone like Miranda who wasn’t sitting on that fundamental turning point of the Veggie yeet, idk 😅
This is why if I can help it I’ll never bring you to end game with me.
We have a history of turning on each other in end game even as village. Yo
We turned on each other in tenth anniversary. We were both getting along fine, but then got paranoid of each other you started thinking I was converted and I ended up killing you with an item because I became convinced you were a wolf lol

Ty @samac for the carry!

It feels right that village lose because of a tie after sussing me the night I avoided the tie looool, like. I only did it for the village cred + tie bad. But samac screamed in PM of how we could've had big villa death if I played dumb probably.

And I was like 'Welp, for sure villa would see that avoiding that was extremely pro-villa and that a wolf would never do that...." Spoiler it didn't happen.

I enjoyed the Skill Issue L+Ratio imsge a lot too lol.
I totally missed that there was a blocker in-game, if I remembered maybe I would insist on samac to do the kill that they had more village cred. Only maybe. I like killing too much
Me breaking ties N1 village!
You breaking ties later sus!
:laugh:

Also this doesn’t count for my punch card of living until N3. I get that my next village game. :mad:

• Hmm
Also *gets out bussing soapbox*

PLAYERS SHOULD NOT BE CLEARED FOR BUSSING METAS because then they can do this!!

okay I’ve done my part.
I didn’t so much clear her for bussing meta as have a complete inability to read samac haha

• Care
Dang it! Before I went to bed I had the thought “what if it is Samac?”

Good game everyone!

• Care
For my own knowledge, I need to know from my chronic lowposters if the cycle length contributed to your posting - like if it was easier to forget the game was going on, for example.

I mentioned this in dead chat somewhere, but not everyone reads that, so I’m going to say it here too - it’s very frustrating, as a mod (also as a player, but I have zero qualms harassing people to post more when I’m playing :laugh: ) when you put a lot of time into a game and then are constantly having to chase >1/3 of your roster to meet a post minimum of only 10 posts. We put a lot into this game to make it fun, and it kind of stinks to have people make a commitment to play and then kind of …not.

So I’m trying to figure out what the real root cause of that is, since it was a bigger problem in this game than in other recent games and in other games I’ve run. Was it what I mentioned above with forgetting? Was it that engaging in a basics(ish) game wasn’t as easy as in a role madness game? What happened?

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
For my own knowledge, I need to know from my chronic lowposters if the cycle length contributed to your posting - like if it was easier to forget the game was going on, for example.

I mentioned this in dead chat somewhere, but not everyone reads that, so I’m going to say it here too - it’s very frustrating, as a mod (also as a player, but I have zero qualms harassing people to post more when I’m playing :laugh: ) when you put a lot of time into a game and then are constantly having to chase >1/3 of your roster to meet a post minimum of only 10 posts. We put a lot into this game to make it fun, and it kind of stinks to have people make a commitment to play and then kind of …not.

So I’m trying to figure out what the real root cause of that is, since it was a bigger problem in this game than in other recent games and in other games I’ve run. Was it what I mentioned above with forgetting? Was it that engaging in a basics(ish) game wasn’t as easy as in a role madness game? What happened?
I wasn’t one of the super lowposters, but I’ll contribute that I def forgot I was playing MULTIPLE times this game. Not just last night lol

But that could just be a me issue

I wasn’t one of the super lowposters, but I’ll contribute that I def forgot I was playing MULTIPLE times this game. Not just last night lol

But that could just be a me issue
Yeah, I thought about tagging the people I want to hear from, but then thought that might feel like too much of a call out.

I hope that I wasn’t too low of a poster, I know I wasn’t the chattiest.
For me the length of the cycle maybe contributed to me putting off being engaged on the first 24 hours of the 48, especially if I had a long day.
Also, even thought this is my third game I still feel like I’m getting used to mechanics and in the case the lack of roles here. I don’t have the greatest extended knowledge, still very much learning as I go.

I don’t like 24hr closed nights.