PCOM acceptance letters?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
W

WishUponAStar

Hiya,

Anyone out there receive an acceptance or rejection letter right before Christmas? I interviewed at PCOM in late November and I still haven't gotten a decision. I'm trying to be patient, but I've been waiting for an acceptance letter for 2 years now...

So... Anyone out there know something about it I don't?

W.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at PCOM on December 18th and received my acceptance letter last Friday, the 22nd. But they were telling the interviewees to expect a wait of ~ 4 weeks. What were your impressions of the school?

Thanks for the reply!

My impression of PCOM is that it is the most fantastic school I've had the pleasure of attending an interview. That's what bothers me. I really want to be accepted there so I can send in my deposit and lock in for next fall.

W.

[This message has been edited by WishUponAStar (edited 01-02-2001).]

Members don't see this ad :)
I hate to admit this to you. However, if your letter hasn't come yet, they wait to tell you the bad news after the new year.

You're such an upbeat guy.

You're uncompromised wisdom and unmatched intellect inspire me with awe. I had no idea the admission's department has candidly briefed you on their practices, policies, and deadlines. For your nonpareil insight I offer you my unconditional gratitude.

I hope everyone sees just the kind of man you really are -- an anatotitan god.

W.

[This message has been edited by WishUponAStar (edited 12-27-2000).]

I totally agree. Your response was appreciated for those like me who still have hope for that first acceptance letter.

Originally posted by WishUponAStar:
You're such an upbeat guy.

You're uncompromised wisdom and unmatched intellect inspire me with awe. I had no idea the admission's department has candidly briefed you on their practices, policies, and deadlines. For your nonpareil insight I offer you my unconditional gratitude.

I hope everyone sees just the kind of man you really are -- an anatotitan god.

W.

[This message has been edited by WishUponAStar (edited 12-27-2000).]

You're welcome. Let us all know when you find out.

i interviewed at PCOM on the Dec. 18th too. I got an acceptance reply on the 22nd as well. I dunno if I'll attend PCOM though...of the four school I interviewed at, the students I talked to were the least serious and least professional about their studies. During the tour I thought the only thing PCOM had special to say was about their $5 million activities center. On the other hand, the administration was very friendly.

Don't get me wrong, PCOM is an excellent school. But as far as first impression, UHS and COMP had it beat.

Good luck to you all!
~Jay

Dude, I go to PCOM and am a first year there. What you say has a smalll bit of truth in it. Most people here don't come off very serious, for the most part they are all down-to-earth really cool people. The folks here make me glad I chose PCOM.

It is a very laid-back atmosphere. You will find no dress codes here, except for (obviously) OMM lab. People can be very flippant about going to class -I know because I am one of them. But I study a TON when I am not in class. I do fine on all the tests, and I learned a TON in the first half of the year - as much as anyone at any other medical school.

People here are a varied lot. There are some who already know they are going for remedial work this summer. Others ROCKED some very difficult exams where the class average was FAILING. I was not one of those unfortunately.

The vast majority of people here are somewhere in between - studying hard and getting by.

One thing I will warn you about COMP (as has been written by students there, on other threads) - they spend MANY more hours in the classroom than we do. The thing is, we all take the same boards - and I would guess that the pass rates are probably about the same for both schools. OTOH, a school such as LECOM has MANY hours of class (8-5 a day) and MANDATORY attendance, while there board pass rates are rumored to be very low (mid 80's).

The Student Activities Center is fantastic, the people are great, and you will learn a TON at PCOM.

hope this helps.

Bobo

I know this is a difficult time...I have been there myself. You will get in, but you must be persistant. I have tried for three years. Finally, last year I was accepted at PCOM, LECOM, and NOVA and was elated.
Unfortunately, I was unable to attend due to military commitment. I am now in the reapplication process even after paying my tuition deposit for last year.

Good Luck, keep your spirits up, and stay competative!