Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sure others who only care about the money and being debt free. I don’t find RN intriguing enough pursue. It just doesn’t interest me.I don't steer away pre pharms hard, but I simply have no idea why some are so dead set on any field. The RX field is changing somewhat rapidly (Amazon Pharmacy, CVS/Aetna, WG/Rad merger, School openings, increase in residency requirement for hospital jobs, downward pressure on TGT/WMT/Grocers from amazon.)
The bread and butter of the profession (retail) is under so much competitive pressure its crazy. Though not exactly related to industry, why so many want to jump in a field with diminishing opportunity overall is stunning.
In my trade area many RX grads finish debt free and pull 130K but have to do 6-7 years college min.
RN associates finish debt free and pull 75K starting with only 2.5 years college. after another 4 they are pulling 100K, with much more demand for their labor.