Pittsburgh School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ashasnarf

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what the interview at Pitt is like? What do you think about the school, its programs? What do you guys think about Linda Berardi-Demo and Dean Curtiss, others have told me that they are rude and seem fake. Does Pitt really take 60% of their students from PA, and what kind of numbers do you need to have a shot at this school.What else can you tell me about this school that might not be found in a book?

Members don't see this ad.

damn, i think you might have the record for the most question in one paragraph! sorry i don't have any answers, but your post sounded like a stream of consciousness barrage so i had to reply. :p

Pitt was great. I didnt meet Dean Curtiss but Linda D was everything but fake. She has a great sense of humor and she was very laid-back. We talked about football during our 15 minute meeting. I think they are a great program and I really liked the area and the city of Pittsburgh.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree that Dean Curtiss was slightly rude, at least to me anyways. His whole line of questioning was centered around my research involving cardiology (I think he's a cardiologist). He really tried to grill me on some very nitpicky type details of myocardial contraction. I could tell by his line of questioning, that although he didnt truly understand what I was working on, he was trying to trip me up. It was the 2nd most annoying interview I had out of them all (one of the people at Hopkins was slightly worse).

By the way, for any of you who interviewed wtih Curtiss, did he curse at all about AMCAS? That was one part of the interview I thought was pretty funny. He let out several expletives about the people at AMCAS.

I didn't think dean curtiss was rude or fake at all, but that's just my experience. I thought Linda was very laid back in our opening session.

Baylor21, he did rant about AMCAS for a good portion of our talk, but I don't remember any cursing. It was funny though.

I thought Linda was great...relaxed and really made an effort to make me feel at ease and welcomed. I really liked Pitt...

Both seemed nice to me...I just didn't like the school as much as some of the others I had visited. The area really didn't appeal to me.

Anyone know the status website address for Pitt? If so please post. Thanks