2022-2023 Pittsburgh

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I think there will be a generous waitlist movement since a lot of people dropped, it’s at like 205 but 50 are current med students and many people who committed elsewhere are still on the chat. Best wishes to everyone, hang in there!!!!
You are correct. Groupme dropped from 225 to 204. Minus 50 current med students. Pretty sure not everyone that committed elsewhere has dropped out of the group me yet. Rooting for all of you. Hang in there. Can't wait for all waitlisters get that " A". You'll deserve the best news !! 👏
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
do we think this probably going to be the only waitlist movement? losing hope rn
I think you'll see some more throughout the month because theres still people leaving the group me. If I had to guess there's probably 100-120 students who committed. I'm not sure how large today's movement was, but I'm sure there will be another round since CTE was only yesterday and more people may have dropped since the last committee meeting.
 
I think you'll see some more throughout the month because theres still people leaving the group me. If I had to guess there's probably 100-120 students who committed. I'm not sure how large today's movement was, but I'm sure there will be another round since CTE was only yesterday and more people may have dropped since the last committee meeting.
What do you mean, there's only 160~ spots, with WL movement today isnt that more than covered?
 
What do you mean, there's only 160~ spots, with WL movement today isnt that more than covered?
It could be, I just meant that we don't know how large today's movement was and there could be one more movement in a week since this movement happened right after May 1st. I would assume that this wave is to replace the folks who dropped their seat after receiving their aid packages, but I'm not entirely sure either
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One last burst of neuroticism from me... is anyone else's AMCAS still listing Pitt as "alternate list"?

I'm sure it switches at varying times, I'm still just a little in shock and want to make sure it's ~real~.
 
You're invited to my new group 'Pitt Med 2027' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe
80B7D945-D763-4EE9-8CC1-0226BDD49E2B.gif
 
Congratulations to everyone that was accepted, it was well deserved! Also thank you to everyone who has provided updates regarding the group me #s. I am in the same boat as those who are still waiting on the WL - today was a tough day for us. It has been a long and difficult process. I'm thinking of and praying hard for each and every one of us <3
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations to everyone that was accepted, it was well deserved! Also thank you to everyone who has provided updates regarding the group me #s. I am in the same boat as those who are still waiting on the WL - today was a tough day for us. It has been a long and difficult process. I'm thinking of and praying hard for each and every one of us <3
Hang in there 😇. Good vibes and extra prayers coming your way. 🫶 Never loose hope.
 
Just sent in my CTE for Pitt!

I am so beyond excited. Also incredibly fortunate to have matched into a Family Medicine spot in the PCAT program.

Insane to think that 5 days ago I was sitting around wondering if I was destined to re-apply, and here I sit today accepted to my top choice with a potential residency spot laid before me.

Things can change in the blink of an eye! Now to get myself set up with a car, living situation, etc. by July! I can't wait.
 
Last edited:
I’m seeing a lot of other schools with waitlist movement daily… do we think Pitt isn’t having as frequent movement because the class is already full or they just choose to release WL movement less frequently like one time a week?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad