2023-2024 Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
the m

thank you king 🧎🧎🧎
I haven’t been able to receive my physical mail yet. Is there a due date for the admitted forms on the portal?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got my physical mail copy of my WL decision today and Pitt told me I’m fine ;)

Soo is anyone who has the A not sure about Pitt? Want to know how slim my chances are of getting off the WL lmao

Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know if Primary Care Accelerated Track provides full tuition scholarship? Interviewing for IM.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did everyone with an A to Pitt get the "Prologue to Medicine Program" email? Trying to figure out whether the program invitation was sent to select students or simply everyone with an A.

Reactions: 6 users
Did everyone with an A to Pitt get the "Prologue to Medicine Program" email? Trying to figure out whether the program invitation was sent to select students or simply everyone with an A.
Got one as well, but not sure either if it was sent to everyone with an A

Got an A from Pitt during the last wave but the school isnt showing up in my "Choose your Medical School" tool via AMCAS. Anyone else in the same boat?

I don’t think it shows up if you’re waitlisted? At least that’s what the amcas email made it sound like. Does anyone know how it works?
It does show up if you’re waitlisted, I’m on 2 other waitlists and they showed up as alternate list

Reactions: 3 users
I wish there was indication of how many people are typically on the waitlist 😭

Got an A from Pitt during the last wave but the school isnt showing up in my "Choose your Medical School" tool via AMCAS. Anyone else in the same boat?
It is showing up now. Check that you have completed the portal form.

Hi everyone,
I am interviewing for PCAT and I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what the typical setup for the interview was like. I am having trouble finding much information on it haha.

Hi everyone,
I am interviewing for PCAT and I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what the typical setup for the interview was like. I am having trouble finding much information on it haha.
My interviews were pretty chill! I think it could vary between the different programs but my interviews were 40 minutes, mostly just get to know you and your motivation for choosing the specialty. Compared to other interviews it was much more relaxed, no trick questions.

My interviews were pretty chill! I think it could vary between the different programs but my interviews were 40 minutes, mostly just get to know you and your motivation for choosing the specialty. Compared to other interviews it was much more relaxed, no trick questions.
Thanks so much for your response!

I am not sure if this has been said, but when should we expect any waitlist movement?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone get an "Activate Your University of Pittsburgh Account" email? Some of the questions for activating the account seem odd, like they're for the undergraduate program (i.e. what term/campus etc. you applied for). So now I'm not sure if it's something we actually need to do haha.

For those applying for financial aid, has anyone net received anything from IDOC? I know the deadline for materials was 3/1/24, so I am a bit stressed that even though I submitted the FAFSA and CSS before the deadline, I have not been able to submit the materials for IDOC since it hasn't been generated by the school.

I withdrew my A. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist! I hope you all get in!

Reactions: 11 users
Does anyone know if Pitt ranks their waitlist and if you can inquire about where you are on their list? And if they do rank you, can sending a letter of intent move up your ranking number?

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone think its worth sending another update after I already sent one in Jan and a letter of intent in Feb? On the WL.

Anyone think its worth sending another update after I already sent one in Jan and a letter of intent in Feb? On the WL.

If it’s a good update then send it! If it’s not anything important and you’re just trying to put something together to send an update letter for the sake of sending something else then probably not.

Does anyone know if Pitt ranks their waitlist and if you can inquire about where you are on their list? And if they do rank you, can sending a letter of intent move up your ranking number?

Btw in case anyone is curious, I emailed them and they said the waitlist is not ranked.

Reactions: 3 users
So then how does waitlist movement work?

It means they pull someone from the waitlist that has the most similar profile to whoever dropped (instead of just highest stats/interview score). For example, if someone in-state with a lot of volunteering hours instead of research who plays the guitar drops, then they try to find someone like that

Reactions: 1 users
So then how does waitlist movement work?

They didn’t say/I didn’t ask for specifics, but if it’s like another school that I’m waitlisted at with an unranked waitlist they probably try to fill spots to keep their class diverse in whatever way that means for them. And they review everyone again when deciding who to admit off the waitlist.